05 Mustang GT - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Super Scoob Has anyone gotten a chance to run a 2005 Mustang GT? I am thinking about ...

Quote Originally Posted by Super Scoob
    Has anyone gotten a chance to run a 2005 Mustang GT? I am thinking about ditching the idea of a rex for a mustang. Of course the two are totally different cars but either way its a no lose situation in either car

So yea anyone had a chance to run one yet?

I would get one. $25K for 300 hp/320 tq with a great looking exterior, cant beat it. I havent raced one but I have driven it many times and you have tons of power in most gears at pretty much any RPM, very nice ride.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    I would get one. $25K for 300 hp/320 tq with a great looking exterior, cant beat it. I havent raced one but I have driven it many times and you have tons of power in most gears at pretty much any RPM, very nice ride.

was reading on the chitown boards about someone that ran a 13.2 stock with one.

Generally the new 05 gt's are suppose to run in the 13.4-13.6 area but there is always a chance for higher or lower times bepending on other stuff. And yeah like someone said above, for 25k running that time stock sounds mighty nice and with a few things added on to the v8 mmmmm yummy. For a person looking for a new car it would be a hard decision between choosing a gt or a wrx unless you really hate fords/mustangs.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

man I'd love to sport a turbod 05gt.

Tha'd be pimp.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got the new Hot Rod with the first 05 in the 12s. Done by Paul's High Performance Automotive in MI (who just so happened to have tuned my 99 SVT Lightning also). Basically, the key to these things is going to be rear suspension, gearing, and the ECU. Seems ford got snotty and the new ECU won't allow more than a small squeak before limiting wheel slip by reducing revs. Now that just plain sucks!! Never fear though, the aftermarket is already on it, with the ability to eliminate this, allow speed shifting (seems the ECU doesn't like this either), remove the top end limiter, timing ,etc, and for the automatics, change the shift points and rate of shift.
    Still not a bad deal for the price. I like the looks WAY better than the ole fox body. To me, that was really never a mustang.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

i like the front end but im not diggin the rear
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    man I'd love to sport a turbod 05gt.

Tha'd be pimp.
    Really? I would put a S/C on it and basically have a 400hp Cobra

you guys are crazy ..the 05 gt is ugly and heavy..needs 4.6l to make 300hp! subie does with 2.5l

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    i like the front end but im not diggin the rear
    EXACTLY ^^^^. The front isnt as aero and they also seem to sit higher and just have more body meat to them. The wheels/tires are too small.

I also thought the rear suspension was redone for '05? not a solid axle.

Im not being bias, but my '02 black stage 3++ roush is the best looking stang ive evr seen. I thing many would agree if i could post pictures. Its just sweet!

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I've seen one on the road and I think they look cool except for the baja lights in the middle of the grille. Get rid of those, throw some nice wheels on it and I think it looks badasp!
    Obviously, you don't know what Ford was designing this car off of....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails allford2001.jpg   1967_Shelby_Mustang_red.jpg  
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by WinglessSTi
    you guys are crazy ..the 05 gt is ugly and heavy..needs 4.6l to make 300hp! subie does with 2.5l
    Who cares? It also needs twice as many cylinders too but when you get a 4.6L 8 cyl on the freeway at high speeds against a 2.5L 4 cyl, guess who is going to win. The heavier, uglier car with the much bigger engine and far more displacement I have a 4.6L V8 with a S/C and I have not found a single 2.0 or 2.5L 4 cyl turbo that can keep up with me above 80 mph and over 100 mph, forget it, I have at least 2 lengths.
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 12-28-2004 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    Who cares? It also needs twice as many cylinders too but when you get a 4.6L 8 cyl on the freeway at high speeds against a 2.5L 4 cyl, guess who is going to win. The heavier, uglier car with the much bigger engine and far more displacement I have a 4.6L V8 with a S/C and I have not found a single 2.0 or 2.5L 4 cyl turbo that can keep up with me above 80 mph and at 100 mph, forget it, I have at least 2 lengths.
    Yea i bet he can't go off road or have fun in the snow though
    I'm sorry just love AWD 12 second 4 cylinder cars.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

[QUOTE=TurboWill]Yea i bet he can't go off road or have fun in the snow though
    I'm sorry just love AWD 12 second 4 cylinder cars. [/QUOTE

Right. You need both.

Highway racing = the pinnacle of motorsports

Seriously, that will be all that these live axle retro-trashmobiles will be good for. The only ounce of credit goes to the Cobra with IRS and 400+ hp, which still all doesn't get to the ground like a 2.0L AWD Turbo car. Ever watch American Sedan racing? Its so funny to watch those lead sleds slide off the road course at the simplest mistake since they handle like garbage even after being heavily modified.
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Highway racing = the pinnacle of motorsports. Seriously, that will be all that these live axle retro-trashmobiles will be good for. The only ounce of credit goes to the Cobra with IRS and 400+ hp, which still all doesn't get to the ground like a 2.0L AWD Turbo car. Ever watch American Sedan racing? Its so funny to watch those lead sleds slide off the road course at the simplest mistake since they handle like garbage even after being heavily modified.

Actually, Track racing = the pinnacle of motorsports.

This is where my trashmobile will destroy both your 2.0 turbo AWD, as well as my old one. I loved my WRX, and will probably buy another AWD sport compact in the near future, but allow me to let you in on a little secret.... *the worlds fastest 1/4 mile cars, are RWD. The worlds fastest track cars, are RWD. The worlds fastest top end cars, are RWD.*

Different cars are made for different types of driving....

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD