05 Mustang GT - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Super Scoob Has anyone gotten a chance to run a 2005 Mustang GT? I am thinking about ...

Quote Originally Posted by Super Scoob
    Has anyone gotten a chance to run a 2005 Mustang GT? I am thinking about ditching the idea of a rex for a mustang. Of course the two are totally different cars but either way its a no lose situation in either car

So yea anyone had a chance to run one yet?
    i did the opp...i got rid of my 04 mach 1 for a STi...havent driven the 05 yet..but on stang forums..mach is still faster....i like the tq curve and the turbo of the sti better..not to mention..it handles 100 times better
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I saw a red one at the local ford dealership last night, personally i was disappointed. I'm still gonna go try to test drive it though
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    ok, so 2-3K mark up on _____________

We got the first GT around today, and it also got sold today. Sticker is $27,xxx.
    Last edited by SpeedKills; 10-28-2004 at 01:35 PM.

LOL - my family 4-door is quicker than the 05 GT and the 350ZX and I haven't raced since going to 17 psi. Gonna need some more work to beat a GTO but all that really means is a different turbo & some exhaust work.

Here's a video of me at the same track:

http://moojohn.com/subaru/LGT vs SRT4.wmv (right-click, save as)
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I have seen 2 videos of the 05 GT at the track. One ran a 14.0 and got beat by a modded 2004 GTO that ran 13.5 and the other one ran a 14.2 and beat a 350Z that ran 14.5 I dont think any of these guys could drive right

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    I have seen 2 videos of the 05 GT at the track. One ran a 14.0 and got beat by a modded 2004 GTO that ran 13.5 and the other one ran a 14.2 and beat a 350Z that ran 14.5 I dont think any of these guys could drive right

Was this sea level or high altitude? 14.0 isn't too bad for stock at altitude, but if that's at sea level, i might feel a bit more comfortable if i roll up next to on da street...
    A man a plan a canal panama
    read that backwards
    Crees que tu sabes, pero no tienes una idea

I posted the video in the thread

The first driver can drive, if you look at how he launches the car. According to the mustang forum which I got it they said he has a 11 sec cobra I believe. The second one, I am not sure if the car is a V6 or GT.

Also keep in mind that the car had not been broken in yet, and he was already beating on it. So after a break in it might be different. One more thing is they dynoed the new GT and it lands 279 RWHP and 200 ft lb torque. Apparently it runs really rich on air fuel ratio and with a tune it will land another 10 to 20 hp. However hp line literally flattens out at 5200 RPM.
    Originally posted by Integra96
    Even though I am a straight male and, thus, do not fold anything, that is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Scoob
    I posted the video in the thread

The first driver can drive, if you look at how he launches the car. According to the mustang forum which I got it they said he has a 11 sec cobra I believe. The second one, I am not sure if the car is a V6 or GT.

Also keep in mind that the car had not been broken in yet, and he was already beating on it. So after a break in it might be different. One more thing is they dynoed the new GT and it lands 279 RWHP and 200 ft lb torque. Apparently it runs really rich on air fuel ratio and with a tune it will land another 10 to 20 hp. However hp line literally flattens out at 5200 RPM.
    do you mean 300 ft lb of torque?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by dw_wrx_sti
    Was this sea level or high altitude? 14.0 isn't too bad for stock at altitude, but if that's at sea level, i might feel a bit more comfortable if i roll up next to on da street...
    That's in GA - we don't have enough altitude to account for any power loss. The track is Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    do you mean 300 ft lb of torque?
    Yes love my typos
    Originally posted by Integra96
    Even though I am a straight male and, thus, do not fold anything, that is very impressive.

The new GT is a nice looking piece. Most of the performance figures have it 0-60 in low fives and high 13 quarters(They are still hevy) at 101 or so. Would make for a good race, but I think the STI has a fair edge on it.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree. Had the chance to drive one last week. I've never been a fan of the Fox body, mainly because of it's creaks and groans, aside from fit and finish. I gotta say the new GT is pretty impressive. Very nice interior, very good finish all around. It could do with a bit lower ride height to get rid of that huge gap in the wheelwell, but then, that seems to be the Mustang trend. Ride was pretty good, with just a bit of shuddering around a bumpy corner from the solid rear axle. Body roll not too bad, but it definitely pushed a bit in the corners. Torque was nice, but nothing to scream about. Good midrange though. The adjustable lighting for the instruments is gimmicky, but I'm sure some will like it. Nice that they didn't put a plastic cover on the engine...you can actually see it!! Sounds awesome!! Steering was a bit numb, and the wheel felt huge compared to the STi. I'd buy it for the same price as a WRX. Pedals were oddly shaped for some reason. Shifting was decent, but a bit long compared to the STi. Once the verts come out, I think they will be a huge hit...but then, Ford will probably gouge for it.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I really like the new style GT. I really love the new 05 GTO. 400hp>33,000
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Well, after my WRX was totaled I was in the market for a new ride. And for the first time in my life I gave american muscle a chance. I drove the new GT and was not very impressed. Then if you read my other post about me throwing a few grey hound buses on one in my 330WHP EVO 8 i'm very happy with my decision.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    Well, after my WRX was totaled I was in the market for a new ride. And for the first time in my life I gave american muscle a chance. I drove the new GT and was not very impressed. Then if you read my other post about me throwing a few grey hound buses on one in my 330WHP EVO 8 i'm very happy with my decision.
    But, if you were stock it would have been a close race. Considering the only advantage you would have is weight, witch probably isn't much.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.