VERY cool guy in a 1995 Z-28 w/ Ram air!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on VERY cool guy in a 1995 Z-28 w/ Ram air!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK, Iím rolling home from work on Rt. 130 at 8pm last night. Same as my meeting with Rolanzo (470HP ...

VERY cool guy in a 1995 Z-28 SS !!!

OK, Iím rolling home from work on Rt. 130 at 8pm last night. Same as my meeting with Rolanzo (470HP 944 Turbo), an officer has some one pulled over in the opposite direction. I see some sweet PIAA lights coming up in the left lane. Iím the first at the light in the middle lane. Iím like, ďHere we go, play it cool.Ē I look straight ahead. The opposing light yellows. He revs. SWEET EXHAUST NOTE. I rev up to 4k and wait.

The light goes green. He spins pretty bad. The Yokos at 45psi (drag pressure) hook up GREAT and Iím a car length ahead. As I row thru the gears, he's right with me, I CANíT PULL. We come up on traffic and slow to 50 in 50mph. We stop at the next light:

Me: WHAT YEAR?
    Him: 95
    Me: Nice.
    Him: I just got the exhaust done!
    Me: Sounds great!!!!
    Him: 2002 Subaru WRX?
    Me: Yup.
    Him: They are really fast.
    Me: Hell yeah they are!

The light goes green again, but this time Iím not ready. He gets a single chirp and I launch at like 4k. We are side-by-side to about 85mph. Great car! Really fast for an LT1. I couldnít believe we raced again, Delran PD patrols there A LOT.

Oh well, allís well that ends well, I hope he logs on soon!!!!

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I actually had a pretty cool encounter with a Camaro SS the other day. I was going out to lunch, not even thinking about hitting the gas peddle or racing or anything to that effect (its downtown, wouldn't want to race anywhere down here)...

Well, I'm going down a one-way street and I see a black Camaro in my rearview mirror. Don't know what year, but it was sweet. We are both jockying for lanes, as our one-way streets always have timed lights...anyway, I drop back so I can take a look at his exhaust, and I notice that he's got an SS...well, he sees me obviously trying to stay with him (we're only going about 35 at this point) and I guess he thinks I'm trying to race him. So he lets me get even, smiles, and then stomps on his gas! He only did it for a second, kind of like a warning shot....he slows down a bit and lets me roll up and just smiles at me! he's like 50 years old, and he's just smiling! So I say "man, you would have killed me!" and he says "I was wondering what you were doing back there."

I said "man, I was just admiring your ride sir, nothing else. Your car is much faster than mine." So he guns it again and puts his hand out the window and gives me a thumbs up. that's the way it should be - respect others and you'll get it in return. I knew that he would have smashed me to no end and he knew it too, but he wasn't a **** about it.

Just felt like sharing. Your car is much faster so you at least stand a chance...not me...not from a roll, a stop..
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    Just felt like sharing. Your car is much faster so you at least stand a chance...not me...not from a roll, a stop..
    a stock WRX doesn't stand a chance against a Camaro SS either. but Jim's car obviously isn't stock, as you can tell from the track times
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

there was no SS in 95 it was just a z28 that ran the 1/4 in mid to high 13s..those cars are a powerplant!!

Woah getting technical....just the name for the car. Mistakes happen.
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Originally posted by FutureWRX15
    Woah getting technical....just the name for the car. Mistakes happen.
    haha no it's just that i'm a big domestic guy know everything about the sports cars and muscle cars of the past......love the rumble of a v8....

Cool stories, and nice to hear about the mutual respect.

The SS's (and WS6 & Firehawks for that matter) aren't significantly quicker than a stock Z28 or TA anyway. They have a slightly less restrictive exhaust, and slightly better air induction. An otherwise stock F-body (z28 or TA or Formula) with a $150 cold air kit, and a $250 Flowmaster will put out the same (if not more) horsepower than an SS. And the base versions are lighter, have a softer suspension with higher profile tires (easier to launch), and the sometimes valuable "sleeper" effect.

Regardless, if you're hanging with a 275-335 HP V-8 car (factory stock ratings from 1993-2002), you're doing something right with your WRX!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

A lot of guys throw an SS hood, ram air and badges on the Z-28. I don't know which one gets them the most HP. I consider it an SS at that point. Sheeesh.

-Jim

Yea I've had my share of LT1/LS1 encounters, if you kept up with one, then props to you because you're doing something VERY right!! Those F-body's are animals, ESPECIALLY[ those damn LS1's!!
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

I disagree with you guys saying that a stock WRX doesnt have a chance with a SS. I have a stock WRX and I have messed a round with afew SS's and if you know how to drive your car right you can take them off the line up to about 70. I know you guys donrt believe things like that but it is true..on the go you are toast but it is still fun to play with the big boys when they see you keeping up with them, it really pisses them off..

Jimmy

Originally posted by jimi900
    I disagree with you guys saying that a stock WRX doesnt have a chance with a SS. I have a stock WRX and I have messed a round with afew SS's and if you know how to drive your car right you can take them off the line up to about 70. I know you guys donrt believe things like that but it is true..on the go you are toast but it is still fun to play with the big boys when they see you keeping up with them, it really pisses them off..

Jimmy
    i can believe a z28 but the SS are just beasts they are like low 13s from the factory insane..

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02

i can believe a z28 but the SS are just beasts they are like low 13s from the factory insane..
    High 12's actually, been done many times by many stock SS/WS6's (head over to LS1.com). The difference between the Z28 and SS isn't that great either, GM quotes about a 20-30hp difference, but dyno numbers are showing only around 10whp +/-
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

Originally posted by VTC_CiViC

High 12's actually, been done many times by many stock SS/WS6's (head over to LS1.com). The difference between the Z28 and SS isn't that great either, GM quotes about a 20-30hp difference, but dyno numbers are showing only around 10whp +/-
    ahh i've never seen them noth dyno'd at stock so i was just using the estimated HP

Originally posted by VTC_CiViC
    In cool weather, these beasts run really low 13s. In the summer, I beat them like a redheaded stepchild.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

In cool weather, these beasts run really low 13s. In the summer, I beat them like a redheaded stepchild.

-Jim
    haahah that's my saying!! ya gotta admit that they sound bad ass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast