gtp calling my out
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on gtp calling my out within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm an RA at the college i go to and pretty much everyone in my building knows my car. A ...

gtp calling me out

I'm an RA at the college i go to and pretty much everyone in my building knows my car. A couple days ago a guy came up to me and said his buddy beat me in his gtp. I was like ok, to bad it wasn't me. There is one other black wrx in the town I go to school in and I know the guy and his car is stock. The guy said his friend beat the wrx by 1.5 cars and at this time he said the gtp had intake, exhaust, pulleys and someother stuff done. I was like whatever, coo if he only beat a stock wrx by a car and a half i'd beat him pretty good.

the same guy came upto me last night and said the guy wants to race me and that he said he has over 380 hp, and that he wants to race me. to bad i gave up street racing, it would be fun
    Last edited by zapman; 10-19-2004 at 10:25 PM.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

come out of retirement for one ..just dont suck like michael jordan after he came back from his 50th billion retirement
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    come out of retirement for one ..just dont suck like michael jordan after he came back from his 50th billion retirement
    No need to street race, invite him to the track

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    No need to street race, invite him to the track

a better idea
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    and someother stuff done
    He'd have to have quite a bit of "other stuff" (ie. just about every bolt on made for the car) done to be at 380hp. and even IF he did have 380, He'd whoop the snot out of a bone stock WRX more than 1.5 car lengths unless he couldnt catch traction until 4th gear. I dont know what you have done to your car, but call him out to the track..i bet he'll back down

ask him to list ALL of his mods. its VERY rare to get our cars that high into the hp standings. VERY

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 99gulfbluegtp
    ask him to list ALL of his mods. its VERY rare to get our cars that high into the hp standings. VERY
    Thank you for answering honestly, and not flaming

w/ a good tune and the cam i'll be putting in, i might hit 320whp MIGHT, 380 like i said requires a lot. the highest hp gtp still using the stock m90 blower (fully ported of course) and EVERY single bolton is putting down 410whp...380 take a lot of time and money, which i'm doubting he has

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    w/ a good tune and the cam i'll be putting in, i might hit 320whp MIGHT, 380 like i said requires a lot. the highest hp gtp still using the stock m90 blower (fully ported of course) and EVERY single bolton is putting down 410whp...380 take a lot of time and money, which i'm doubting he has
    By the way, thats an impressive time you have there

thanks...that was done w/ valve float (which i still have), a dying trans and maxed out injectors

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    thanks...that was done w/ valve float (which i still have), a dying trans and maxed out injectors
    Valve float gives me the willys Get some springs in that thing!!!

I don't know if its to the wheels or crank, but still fwd cars don't usaully have to much drive train loss. I'd invite him to the track but it closed for the winter already

I have a catless up/tbe, with a mbc @ 16.5 psi. I raced the guy with the stock wrx from a 20 mph roll when i was just catless and i beat him pretty good. With a g-tech this summer i ran a 13.9 at 102 mph with my mbc set at 14 psi and stock catback.
    Last edited by zapman; 10-19-2004 at 06:00 PM.

<=====my old baby

ive got new springs going in w/ the cam...and again, 380 is damn hard. i'd ask for his mods. i bet u'll beat him

ive got new springs going in w/ the cam...and again, 380 is damn hard. i'd ask for his mods. i bet u'll beat him
    thx, and nice avatar

<=====my old baby

I'll agree with you, based on what local GTP owners have said. Also, nice time...last time I was able to get out to a track, fastest GTP was running 13.3 and was fairly modded.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast