gtp calling my out - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on gtp calling my out within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dont think he will give you too much trouble. just get a good launch since those cars have some ...

I dont think he will give you too much trouble. just get a good launch since those cars have some pretty massive amounts of torque. Like gol***p said, you need some real money and dedication to get a GTP to 380whp and its rare to find someone with enough work done to get those numbers. some dude I knew had intake, full exhaust, headers, beefed up trans, small pulley and didnt even get 300whp... something like 265 whp if memory serves
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    .... some dude I knew had intake, full exhaust, headers, beefed up trans, small pulley and didnt even get 300whp... something like 265 whp if memory serves
    that sounds about right...w/ the mods in my sig (minus the injectors, new trans and the valve springs) i dynoed (or so we think) 280whp...w/ the cam and a really good tune, as i said before, i hope to be around 310 or so whp...we'll soon see

uke
    Hey zapman, is that 300HP figure in your profile in crank or wheel horsepower? If wheel, you should be able to smoke him easily, especially from a stop. If crank, you should be able to beat him from a stop, but a slow roll may give you a challenge.

Just for comparison, my mods are: 3.4" pulley, reprogrammed computer, 3" downpipe, intake, AFC 2.0 (which I just got and rocks!), and exhaust and I'm running 13.9. I'm estimating to have about 300 crank hp and maybe about 330-40 crank torque. I guess it depends on what his "other stuff" is. I'm doubting he has 380whp, but if he has headers, cam, and intercooler, he could be stronger. Those mods would get a GTP solidly into the high 12's with a good tune.

If he doesn't have cam (or rockers), headers, or intercooler, than he's dreaming
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by uke
    Hey zapman, is that 300HP figure in your profile in crank or wheel horsepower? If wheel, you should be able to smoke him easily, especially from a stop. If crank, you should be able to beat him from a stop, but a slow roll may give you a challenge.

Just for comparison, my mods are: 3.4" pulley, reprogrammed computer, 3" downpipe, intake, AFC 2.0 (which I just got and rocks!), and exhaust and I'm running 13.9. I'm estimating to have about 300 crank hp and maybe about 330-40 crank torque. I guess it depends on what his "other stuff" is. I'm doubting he has 380whp, but if he has headers, cam, and intercooler, he could be stronger. Those mods would get a GTP solidly into the high 12's with a good tune.

If he doesn't have cam (or rockers), headers, or intercooler, than he's dreaming
    Its crank hp, wish it was whp . I've raced gtp's on the street before, regardless what they ran at the track the ones i've ran on the street have a hell of a time getting traction from a stop. When i was stock i raced one with a similar setup to your minus the afc 2.0 and i beat him by a car or 2 to 80 mph. I really wish the track hadden't clsoed already
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by uke
    but if he has headers, cam, and intercooler, he could be stronger. Those mods would get a GTP solidly into the high 12's with a good tune.
    Gulf's gonna love to hear that one

high 12s, try mid

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by 99gulfbluegtp
    high 12s, try mid

I was being conservative.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

uke
    ask him to list ALL of his mods. its VERY rare to get our cars that high into the hp standings. VERY
    It's rare, but not THAT rare. Check out this thread and the guy's cardomain site. http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

He's running mid 12's, which is very attainable these days, with 418whp. The aftermarket for 3800 engines has EXPLODED in the last few years, and the number of GP's in the 12's is becoming to be commonplace. Now consider the grand prix's (and now bonnevilles ) running 11's and 10's, and imagine how much HP they have. Granted, it requires many thousands of dollars to get there, but many WRX owners have spent the same amount on their cars, too

Not trying to say "GTP's are the fastest car EVAR!!oneone" (cause they aren't), just giving more info
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

that guys is also running a centrifical blower, which is FAR superior to the m90 found on normal gtps. if this guy is running something ASIDE from the m90, then id be worried, if not, 380 is hard to do and costs a pretty penny

uke
    good point. I think the m90 record is held by ed morad at 11.5-ish. of course, that is with thousands poured into it

...what was the point of this thread again? oh yeah, the guy calling him out. I'd say that he's definately NOT pushing 380hp. If he has headers in addition to what was listed, it would be close with a 300hp WRX. rockers or cam would give him a slight edge. it depends if you go from a stop or a roll

listed mods+headers=high 13's easy, maybe mid
    +rockers=mid 13's, rockers+intercooler=low 13's/MAYBE high 12's
    cam instead of rockers=low 13's or better

ask what his "other stuff" is. if he doesn't have any of the above (except for maybe NAWS!) he's running low 14's/very high 13's

unless he's running slicks/drag radials and has a limited slip differential, you'll KILL him on a launch, regardless of what he has done. GTP stands for Got Traction Problems
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

i think the highest hp record is by zooomer (still using m90) and he put down like 410whp or something close to that

i just noticed..this post is slowly turning into a gtp post...on a wrx bored. lets not let that happen. i dont wanna hijack anything
    Last edited by 99gulfbluegtp; 10-21-2004 at 11:27 PM.

those are some crazy numbers I actually know a guy who was thinking of making a 12 sec gtp, but he changed his mind to something else he could do it easier too.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

12s really arent to hard anymore...a lot easier then it used to be. theres a few guys running 10s . and 11s are coming more and more as well

i think the highest hp record is by zooomer (still using m90) and he put down like 410whp or something close to that

i just noticed..this post is slowly turning into a gtp post...on a wrx bored. lets not let that happen. i dont wanna hijack anything
    Don't worry. Some of us actually do read all these posts.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

uke
    my fault!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thread_direction.gif  
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.