Here's the dyno, guess the car
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Here's the dyno, guess the car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'll give you a hint. It has the letters R, S, and X in it. Don't know too much about ...

Here's the dyno, guess the car

I'll give you a hint. It has the letters R, S, and X in it.

Don't know too much about it other than it is in on stock internals. It is a little confusing as to what psi that was on but I believe it was at 14psi. He says he runs 7psi on the street so I think it was bumped up to 14psi just for that dyno. I'm guessing he is going to beef up the internals before he runs it at 14psi on the street but that is just a guess.

Anyway, if you don't care, sorry for wasting your time. For those of you who are interested in what is going on in the non-WRX car scene, I hope it was informative. Personally, I was quite happy to see that at least someone is making progress on getting some serious power out of the RSX.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turborsxdyno.jpg  
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice, kind of blurry, ~300 hp ~230ft/lb torque, thats what i can determine, honda makes great motors but very light internal(N/A optimaized), i bet that car is fast but will blow up soon, if they could do that with a N/A engine i would buy one. all in all it is probably a hell of a lot of fun to drive(except for fwd).

I had a 175hp/180tq nissan spec V, it spin like crazy even with HLSD, i can't image how much power goes to wheel spin

what size turbo did he stick on it? I seems to be spooling quite low too to get such a good increase at 3k. Doesn't the RSX have an LSD ?? our ITR's over here come with LSD's I think we get the JDM ITR but the engine has been detuned by the car nazis from 180 Kw to 147Kw (sorry for the metric units)

Re: Here's the dyno, guess the car

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    I'll give you a hint. It has the letters R, S, and X in it.

Don't know too much about it other than it is in on stock internals. It is a little confusing as to what psi that was on but I believe it was at 14psi. He says he runs 7psi on the street so I think it was bumped up to 14psi just for that dyno. I'm guessing he is going to beef up the internals before he runs it at 14psi on the street but that is just a guess.

Anyway, if you don't care, sorry for wasting your time. For those of you who are interested in what is going on in the non-WRX car scene, I hope it was informative. Personally, I was quite happy to see that at least someone is making progress on getting some serious power out of the RSX.

Not to shabby, but since this is the "WRX vs the World" forum, I have to say that, yes, it will hang with me on the freeway but on the dragstrip it's bye-bye baby!
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by wombat
    what size turbo did he stick on it? I seems to be spooling quite low too to get such a good increase at 3k. Doesn't the RSX have an LSD ?? our ITR's over here come with LSD's I think we get the JDM ITR but the engine has been detuned by the car nazis from 180 Kw to 147Kw (sorry for the metric units)
    T3/4 turbonetics turbo

We do not have an LSD on the Type S.
    2002 RSX Type S

Re: Re: Here's the dyno, guess the car

Originally posted by boosted 4

Not to shabby, but since this is the "WRX vs the World" forum, I have to say that, yes, it will hang with me on the freeway but on the dragstrip it's bye-bye baby!
    I don't think that car would do a 12.8 so yeah, on the dragstrip you would be pretty safe. However, considering the 7psi greddy turbo RSX traps at 108, I suspect that this 14psi would do more than just hang. Just a guess though.
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by Lord
    I had a 175hp/180tq nissan spec V, it spin like crazy even with HLSD, i can't image how much power goes to wheel spin
    Dude, what type of power are you talking about. We're speaking about WHP! Your Spec V is putting down like 140whp/145wtq! I believe those numbers are courtesy of SCC.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Re: Re: Re: Here's the dyno, guess the car

However, considering the 7psi greddy turbo RSX traps at 108, I suspect that this 14psi would do more than just hang. Just a guess though.

so I think it was bumped up to 14psi just for that dyno.
    Yes, but you said 14 psi at on the dyno! That why I said that the hwy mph would be steady! We're both making about 280whp. I just launch a lot better
    2002 WRBP WRX

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's the dyno, guess the car

Originally posted by boosted 4
    Yes, but you said 14 psi at on the dyno! That why I said that the hwy mph would be steady! We're both making about 280whp. I just launch a lot better
    Haha, well, it is all just conjecture since I don't think he is putting down 310WHP in his street setup and he hasn't posted any 1/4 ET times. No fear, right now I think you would probably beat him in any race anyway.
    2002 RSX Type S

What is this? I thought this was Club WRX. I don't see posts from others about other cars they own and all the mods possible on them. Stick to the forum.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

Originally posted by Stuss76
    What is this? I thought this was Club WRX. I don't see posts from others about other cars they own and all the mods possible on them. Stick to the forum.
    You'll have to explain better than that!
    2002 WRBP WRX

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by Stuss76
    I am. This is WRX vs the World. I am the world, so I believe that out of all the forums here, this is the right one.
    2002 RSX Type S

whats up with the no LSD in the rsx, that is even simpiler than the ATTS on the lude, it was amaizing, you could power overstear, very cool.

Nice HP, but absolutely no torque. I bet it rips on the highway though

VV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast