WRX-Blinder M-20 vs Bike Cop Laser....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

This is a discussion on WRX-Blinder M-20 vs Bike Cop Laser.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I installed the Blinder-M20 Laser Jammer last week and have been itching to give it a shot. More reviews of ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    441

    WRX-Blinder M-20 vs Bike Cop Laser....

    I installed the Blinder-M20 Laser Jammer last week and have been itching to give it a shot.
    More reviews of the unit can be found at radarbusters.com and speedzones.com for those of you who are interested in the best 300 bux I've spent in awhile.

    Today I was pulling off base to head out to the pet store when I look over to my left and sure enough right off base there is a bike cop running laser radar but not in my direction. Although, you have to love cops setting right off a military base writing tickets to the people who serve there country So I had to give my new toy a run for its money. Whip a U-Turn at the next light and let the TXS RFL-TI do its work just so I knew I would get the cops attention. Approach his location at the speedlimit, and sure enough at about 1000 ft it had picked his gun up and was jamming his attempts to scan me. You are supposed to turn the jammer off so they can get an accurate reading but I was dying to see his expression as I passed. So I just cruised by and after I had passed and gave him a wave he looked at his gun, leaned it to the left and right and shook it a little. Then got on his bike and drove off!!! I think he actually thought his gun was broken or miscalibrated it was truly truly priceless. So hands on recommendation this is worth every penny, and is worth it just to see how cops react when there thousand dollar state funded quota device doesnt work. 5 Stars!! I'm still laughing at the look on his face...

    Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User skullguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    244
    "You are supposed to turn the jammer off so they can get an accurate reading"

    Why would you turn it off, if it is doing its job?

    I guess I dont understand your statement.
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

  4. #3
    Registered User silverscooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    976
    That is probably an attempt by the manufactor to cover their ass.

    Where did you get it? Is it a detector too?
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

  5. #4
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    This story makes no sense...You purposely sped by a cop and he did nothing because he thought his gun was broken...right....

    I think in reality it would go something like this:

    "I sped by the cop and the radar jammer worked!! I saw him looking at his gun like 'WTF?' Then he pulled out anyway and pulled me over becaues I was obviously speeding and he figured I probably had a radar jammer since I was being so obvious about it AND his gun wasnt working!! Man am I retarded!!"
    2003 SRT-4

  6. #5
    Registered User silverscooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    This story makes no sense...You purposely sped by a cop and he did nothing because he thought his gun was broken...right....

    I think in reality it would go something like this:

    "I sped by the cop and the radar jammer worked!! I saw him looking at his gun like 'WTF?' Then he pulled out anyway and pulled me over becaues I was obviously speeding and he figured I probably had a radar jammer since I was being so obvious about it AND his gun wasnt working!! Man am I retarded!!"
    Read his post again. He said that he went by the cop at the speed limit. He accelerated a little to get up to the speed limit in order to get his attention.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

  7. #6
    Registered User 02bug'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    MD - the LP
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    This story makes no sense...You purposely sped by a cop and he did nothing because he thought his gun was broken...right....

    I think in reality it would go something like this:

    "I sped by the cop and the radar jammer worked!! I saw him looking at his gun like 'WTF?' Then he pulled out anyway and pulled me over becaues I was obviously speeding and he figured I probably had a radar jammer since I was being so obvious about it AND his gun wasnt working!! Man am I retarded!!"
    and the cop didn't pull him over either, they both went there seperate ways.

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    441
    Yeah, let me clarify a little and bring you up to speed on what this does. Pretty much it will jam there laser guns and they can get no reading at all. There gun just shows a blank screen. The only reason I went the speed limit was to make sure it was going to work and I had installed it correctly. Bottom line at about 1000 ft when he targeted my car the alarm went off and it jammed him the entire time he was trying to get a reading. The blinder is a pretty rare unit, but its the best you can buy that is why I'm trying to let people know about it and educate them if the cops are using laser heavy in your area. If you want more proof read the reviews from speedzones.com or radarbusters.com both sites do an independent review of all the newest radar detectors and jammers. Laser jamming is 100% legal because it is controlled by the FDA. Radar jamming is illegal because it is governed by the FCC.

    And yes the manual states to slow down to the desired speed limit then turn the blinder off so the cop can get an accurate reading. Thus he thinks nothing is up and continues on with his day and thinks nothing of it. Again, most people have never heard of this so I'm trying to educate from my experience to be the best laser jammer you can spend your money on

    Any more questions please lemme know.

    Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

  9. #8
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    Yeah, let me clarify a little and bring you up to speed on what this does. Pretty much it will jam there laser guns and they can get no reading at all. There gun just shows a blank screen. The only reason I went the speed limit was to make sure it was going to work and I had installed it correctly. Bottom line at about 1000 ft when he targeted my car the alarm went off and it jammed him the entire time he was trying to get a reading. The blinder is a pretty rare unit, but its the best you can buy that is why I'm trying to let people know about it and educate them if the cops are using laser heavy in your area. If you want more proof read the reviews from speedzones.com or radarbusters.com both sites do an independent review of all the newest radar detectors and jammers. Laser jamming is 100% legal because it is controlled by the FDA. Radar jamming is illegal because it is governed by the FCC.

    And yes the manual states to slow down to the desired speed limit then turn the blinder off so the cop can get an accurate reading. Thus he thinks nothing is up and continues on with his day and thinks nothing of it. Again, most people have never heard of this so I'm trying to educate from my experience to be the best laser jammer you can spend your money on

    Any more questions please lemme know.

    Staton
    all I know is that I've never seen a radar detector/jammer/etc actually work...if this thing works as well as you say, EVERYONE will have one soon enough, including me...but then the cops will just switch to something else.
    2003 SRT-4

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    441
    You are correct Radar jamming is a art all in itself and is very illegal. There is one unit out today that can 100% jam Kband and Xband. However there is no option yet to Jam Ka band which is what most state cops use. So the idea of using it is pretty useless. And unless you pay 600 bux for the jammer that is out now to just jam K band or X band the others are just usless. However Laser jamming for the most part has been out for almost a full year now and is very very effective and like I said LEGAL. Blinder has two options the M20 for cars like ours and the M40 which is for pick up trucks with big grills. And is the ONLY laser jammer that works 100% of the time every time. Escort and Bel both maker laser jammers however they are right about 97% effective the results show. Like I said I'm a wealth of radar / laser information and at the moment the only Radar Dectector I recommend is the BEL RX-65 this sucker is amazing. I am picking up Ka band signals at 4 to 5 miles out on curvy roads where as my old Bel 985 was getting a little to close of calls at times. I hope I cleared everything up.

    Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    441
    This is what the unit looks like on the front of the car very cool looking I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laserfront.jpg  
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    441
    And a picture of the licence plate cover you can get to keep the cameras away....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails platetop.jpg  
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

  13. #12
    Registered User bluesix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    102
    How does that cover work? Seems like you can see the tag # just fine in that pic?
    Love, Peace, and Grease...
    -BlueSix

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    441
    The left side protects from Overhead cameras and the right side protects against cameras that are down level with the car or to the side.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    441
    I also had another chance to test it out yesterday. This is sad TWO days in a row state cops have been setting right off Dover Air Force Base and I'm talking with 200 yards of the front gate. Only reason I knew my friend called me up and told me to go give the toy another run for its money. And because he wanted to see it first hand, because now he wants one real bad. The setup today was they where running laser going both ways to and from base with 2 cops sitting on the side of the road to act as interceptors. So I do the same thing as yesterday basically stay low geared so the RFL is screaming to get there attention. Only this time the blinder started jamming at about 150 yards out because they where shooting other cars at the time. So I keep it low geared drop down to the desired speed limit give him a shot of BOV and cruise on by. Same thing as yesterday the cop looks at his gun shakes it a little, and shrugs his shoulders. Then starts shooting other cars again. And like I said they where shooting both ways so I pop the first U-Turn keep it low geared again and bam 150 yards it starts jamming. Only this time I turned it OFF so the cop could get a reading. So that if words where ever exchanged perhaps it could plant a small doubt of seed in that one guys gun. All in all I did 4 passes with various friends because they had to see for themselves that it was doing as advertised. Bottom line i've got 100% confidence in this device now, and it comes very highly recommeneded, especially if you live off a Military base where the cops are out to get you

    Cheers

    Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    In the slow lane
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    I also had another chance to test it out yesterday. This is sad TWO days in a row state cops have been setting right off Dover Air Force Base and I'm talking with 200 yards of the front gate. Only reason I knew my friend called me up and told me to go give the toy another run for its money. And because he wanted to see it first hand, because now he wants one real bad. The setup today was they where running laser going both ways to and from base with 2 cops sitting on the side of the road to act as interceptors. So I do the same thing as yesterday basically stay low geared so the RFL is screaming to get there attention. Only this time the blinder started jamming at about 150 yards out because they where shooting other cars at the time. So I keep it low geared drop down to the desired speed limit give him a shot of BOV and cruise on by. Same thing as yesterday the cop looks at his gun shakes it a little, and shrugs his shoulders. Then starts shooting other cars again. And like I said they where shooting both ways so I pop the first U-Turn keep it low geared again and bam 150 yards it starts jamming. Only this time I turned it OFF so the cop could get a reading. So that if words where ever exchanged perhaps it could plant a small doubt of seed in that one guys gun. All in all I did 4 passes with various friends because they had to see for themselves that it was doing as advertised. Bottom line i've got 100% confidence in this device now, and it comes very highly recommeneded, especially if you live off a Military base where the cops are out to get you

    Cheers

    Staton
    Thanks for the heads up on the unit.. I was looking to get one a while ago too, but decided to sink the money into mods at the end.. Also, another problem is getting this stuff past the hawks at the Canuck boarder.... doubt they will be too impressed when they open the package and see it.

    I used to have an escort 8500, but that got nabbed almost 2 years ago now, by a ghost car that was running Spectre So I'm just biding my time until I can get my hands on a radar detector that is spectre-proof (I know that some were invisible to the first version of spectre, but they are visible to the second more recent revision of the unit), a jammer that will work against laser, and that plate cover thingy for the ultimate in protection..
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •