WRX-Blinder M-20 vs Bike Cop Laser.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX-Blinder M-20 vs Bike Cop Laser.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Can't you mail it to yourself or something?...

Can't you mail it to yourself or something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wish I could, but as soon as customs sees what it is, they confiscate it.... Same for anything deemed illegal entering the great white north.... so I'd be out of the jammer, and the money...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Why do cops sit off the Air Force Base? Do people speed really fast around there? I don't get it.
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Why do cops sit off the Air Force Base? Do people speed really fast around there? I don't get it.
    They're too used to hauling ass in the jets or something so maybe they "fly" outta there and the cops know it.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Franz
    They're too used to hauling ass in the jets or something so maybe they "fly" outta there and the cops know it.
    Yeh... its a phenomenon called "velocitization"...

They taught this to us at driving school back in the day, about how it is important to keep your eyes on the speedo when after driving for extended periods of time on the freeway. You have a tendency to speed, since you are used to travelling at freeway speeds for such a long period of time.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I've read about this a long time ago and decided not to get it becasue its not 100%effective. It will only work if the cop points his gun at your license plate. The reason why they do it is beacue thats the most reflective part of your car. However if they point at your rear view mirror for example they will get you. As far as turning it off, you have to, becasue if the cop sees that his readings are off he will pull you over regardless, and they see what you have and get you in bigger trouble. So the best way is to let it jam him first, you then slow down, turn it off and let him take a reading so he doesn't think there is anything wrong. So jigga i wouldn't be to comfortable with it and be a speed deamon, becasue it could get you in a world of hurt.

Also i saw that you put the sensor on the outside so that its not stealthy, i've seen a nice installation that was hidden and you would really have to be looking for it to spot it(it was hidden behind the front grill). With your setup its right out there for a cop to spot.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 10-16-2004 at 05:39 PM.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Pretty much I wish I knew why the state cops choose to sit right off of a military base. I would think there would be plenty of places else where in the state they could perhaps catch real criminals. People coming off base do tend to speed, but for some of them they work 12 hour days 6 days a week and if they are like me that is a good way to let your "hair down" and relax a bit. Personally I think its rediculous but since I vote in another state I have no senator to complain to.

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    Yeah, let me clarify a little and bring you up to speed on what this does. Pretty much it will jam there laser guns and they can get no reading at all. There gun just shows a blank screen. The only reason I went the speed limit was to make sure it was going to work and I had installed it correctly. Bottom line at about 1000 ft when he targeted my car the alarm went off and it jammed him the entire time he was trying to get a reading. The blinder is a pretty rare unit, but its the best you can buy that is why I'm trying to let people know about it and educate them if the cops are using laser heavy in your area. If you want more proof read the reviews from speedzones.com or radarbusters.com both sites do an independent review of all the newest radar detectors and jammers. Laser jamming is 100% legal because it is controlled by the FDA. Radar jamming is illegal because it is governed by the FCC.

And yes the manual states to slow down to the desired speed limit then turn the blinder off so the cop can get an accurate reading. Thus he thinks nothing is up and continues on with his day and thinks nothing of it. Again, most people have never heard of this so I'm trying to educate from my experience to be the best laser jammer you can spend your money on

Any more questions please lemme know.

Staton
    I noticed you said you left the base. I was always told when I was in the military that jammers and detectors of any kind are WAY illegal on ANY Federal Installation (in case your using it on base). Check with your local military police, or Security Police if you're Air Force, just to be sure. Don't wanna see you get nailed.

im in california so chances are this is illegal but where do i get one of these Blinder M20s? i'd definitely want to get one!! and if i run a radar jammer too like the one that blocks 100% of x and k bands although im sure the answer is no will that interfere at all with the laser jammer?
    2002 WR Blue Wagon 6MT with 427ci Lingenfelter Performance Enterprise V8 - BorgWarner T56 Transmission - Tilton carbon clutch - converted to RWD - 28" MT ET Drag slicks - Hooker Performance headers - Paxton Novi2000 Blower at 12psi - Magnaflow twin dump exhaust - 6" cowl hood - 4.10 gears w/Currie narrowed 9" Rear diff housing - 10point roll cage - Lexan windows - 200 Wet shot Fogger Nitrous System

Smile

I don't know that your tests are totally conclusive, being that you aren't giving them a reason to pull you over in the first place. It *sounds* like they aren't getting a reading on you, based on the way they are reacting at least. However, I'd be more confident having a buddy who is a cop allowing me or someone to observe how the gun reacts when a vehicle equipped with that device goes by. Or, if you were doing 15-20 mph over the limit within their range, and then slowing down and deactivating the jammer. But that's a little too risky...

Car and Driver did a test a few years back, and found that most of the laser jammers (rocky mountain radar) were nearly worthless. The less reflective material on your car, the better, however. A black C5 Corvette, for example, would be almost stealth (no headlights, small parking lights), whereas a WRX (big headlights, foglights ('02s & '03s))especially with a license plate, would make an attractive target. I'd hope that technology has advanced, and that your device is actually doing a decent job.

Your black WRX will also give less of a target than a white, silver, or even blue WRX. So what may work well on your car, might not work as well on another vehicle.

Keep us updated, please.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

After reading the detailed and thorough (Looooooong) reports on speedzones.com and other info on radarbusters.com, it seems that the Blinder is the real deal... Now I just need to convince Santa to get one for me to try out.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Just had another encounter this weekend heading to the Baltimore Ravens game. This time I was no prepared and it actually startled me a bit. I was cruising along a few miles over the limit when the alarm went off and low and behold about 100 yards up the road there was a maryland state cop scanning most of the cars in the fast lane. Again I just slowed down, cruised on by, gave him the wave and went on with my buisness. I love this investment and its gonna look even better on my 350z this week
    Last edited by xaton; 10-25-2004 at 04:57 AM.
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Where can i get that license plate cover? it looks pretty awesome.
    what radar detector would ya'll reccomend the best? I guess the age-old battle is between passport 8500 x50 and the valentine1... anyeon wanna try and persuade me either way?
    what radar jammer is the best? wat laser jammer is the best? what are the consequences of getting caught w/one?
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

A trooper buddy of mine was telling me that they're testing a new laser system that is supposedly in a different frequency than any existing laser system, and won't be affected by jammers. I hope to find out more about this, as I was really interested in that jammer, and I'd like to test it out against this "new laser" and see what happens.

It would suck if Colorado comes out being ahead of detection technology.

The licence plate cover is the hottness and can be ordered from radarbusters.com its $28 bux. It protects against over the road cameras and the cameras to the side. About the radar detector, your 2 options if you want the best are the passport 8500 x50 or the BEL RX65. They are the same radar detector, made by the same company now and do pretty much the same stuff. But do yourself a favor and stay light years away from the overpriced valentine. And if you want reviews on why to stay away just read speedzones.com or radarbusters.com reviews. I called Roy at radarbusters and he recommends the BEL over the passport because it has better POP protection and the KA band range is insane. Right now the BEL is picking up Ka bands at almost 7 miles which is in my opinion lives up to his word.

Radar jamming is 100% ILLEGAL because it is gov by the FCC. And right now there is only one unit that works 100% and its $699 bux and only protects against X band and Kband which techincally makes it useless.

Laser jamming is 100% legal because its gov by the FDA. The only unit I recommend is the Blinder M-20 or M-40(for trucks) because they have been proven to work 100% of the time. And it has worked 5 out of 5 times for me so far with the first time leaving the most priceless look on any cops face I have scene in my life.

About the new laser guns....Same old song and dance they upgrade then we upgrade. Only problem right now the guns are almost $1,000 a pop which means alot of stations are not even gonna have the funds to upgrade. And I dont see the real advantage to upgrading they already have a full proof system, and I would guess 3% of america uses laser jammers...But what ever they choose I'll be certain to have the best to counter it

Staton
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast