S2000 vs. WRX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on S2000 vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As some of you know, I have both a WRX and a S2000... Yesterday (after it stopped raining in Orlando) ...

S2000 vs. WRX

As some of you know, I have both a WRX and a S2000... Yesterday (after it stopped raining in Orlando) I put the top down and went for a ride on my S2000. Going down the highway I spot a WRX, so I speed up and get next to him. The driver was a 20ish guy... We were doing about 50mph, so I gear down to 2nd (I love my 9K rpm red-line) and punch it! No response from the WRX!?!?!? I slow down and stop at a red light. I look and tell the guy, "Nice car, I have one as well"... I was stunned to hear his response! "It's nice but slow
    I told him about a couple of local performance shops around the area and continued on my cruise. Can we all say that a WRX, is a waste on that guys hands??? He should have gotten an Accord (it's cheaper).
    Last edited by radical78; 08-21-2002 at 05:51 AM.
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    ------------------------------------------
    01 s2000
    -Intake, Exhaust, 50 wet shoot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe his other car is a z06 corvette. Lol.

str
    Slow? He obviously doesn't know the potential of the car. Do you think your S2000 is faster than your WRX, not including your 50 shot of NOS? I'm setting up a race next week with a stock S2000 and am just wondering how I will fare.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Well they run very VERY similar 1/4 mile times, but the S2000 does trap like 5mph faster so.. you figure out of the hole you've got a good advatage through like 70-80mph when the S2000 catches up. Should make for a very good race!
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

when a ricer pulls up next to me, drops down a gear puts on a show i will often respond by saying something
    like "yeah its only a wrx"
    or "that is awesome civic you have there"

just becasue he didn't want to race doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a rex.

The wrx trapps so low stock is because the boost bleeds so bad. An mbc will fix that.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

str: Stock for stock, the S2000 will take the WRX... The only chance you got is if the S2000 driver doesn't know how to launch! The S2000 has NO low-end power, so a 5K launch is the only way the S2000 takes off (Fast).

SobeWRX: First of all, I don't have any BS mods (shopping cart wings and PEP boy's muffler tips) on my S2000, so I would not call it a ricer... All my mods are for go, not show! I was not blaming the guy for not racing me (that just shows that he is a better/safer driver than I am), I was just surprised that he thinks a WRX is slow! I race for fun and love my WRX and my S2000 the same, and if you think a S2000 is just another ricer Honda... Well I respect your view.
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    01 s2000

i dont think that the s2000 is a riced out civic, but its close....its the ricer mentality not the looks of the car. not everyone buys a car based solely on its ability to street race. Just because he won't race doesn't mean that he should be forced to suffer through life with a pos accord.

he probably meant slow in comparison to your awesome 2K beast.
    Last edited by SobeWRX; 08-21-2002 at 07:55 AM.

seriously though do you know what hp your 2k puts down.
    recently there was a post claiming that a full exhaust gave the 2k 30+ hp! Does this seem about right to you?

Originally posted by Iruka
    Information for all of you!

An S2000 which has changed both its exhausts from the cat-back will gain approx. 35rwhp throughout the whole rev range without losing any bottom end torque.

At least this is true for the S2000s in Australia and it has been tested and tested again and everyone is amazed at why the exhaust does for a little 2Litres Naturally Aspirated car.

The gain from exhaust is even more so than the gain on a WRX (where the stock ECU doesn't really allow a lot more top end power to come out even after mods.)

So there u go, that S2000 definitely was nowhere near stock power levels.
    Last edited by SobeWRX; 08-21-2002 at 09:08 AM.

SLOW. I would've told him to "put down the crackpipe."

-Jim

Well, I never had it on a dyno... But I would say my headers/exhaust/intake gave me about 30 REAL hp! Just an exhaust 30hp to the wheels on a S2000, I don't think so.
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    01 s2000

str
    Well, I'm pretty good at launching and I have a few mods so it should be close. This guy is a pretty good driver and he's familar with the car.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by BamBooI
    The wrx trapps so low stock is because the boost bleeds so bad. An mbc will fix that.
    Perhaps.. but we're talking stock vs. stock for comparison.
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

S2000 is really tricky to launch. Because the power band is so small, they have to do 6000-6500 rpm drops/slip to have a decent launch. Stock vs stock, s2000 is a much better all around performer. But it is not as user friendly as the wrx.

Originally posted by VTC_CiViC

Perhaps.. but we're talking stock vs. stock for comparison.
    Correct. I'm glad to have you here VTC_Civic. I have seen you on the honda-tech boards and you have a nice setup going. It will be good to have a honda guru lurking our boards. Welcome.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast