S2000 vs. WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on S2000 vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 6000 to 6500K is a bit much... I do it at 5K and get almost no tire spin... Just my ...

6000 to 6500K is a bit much... I do it at 5K and get almost no tire spin... Just my 2c
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    ------------------------------------------
    01 s2000
    -Intake, Exhaust, 50 wet shoot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you go by magazine times, they are real close 0-60 stock vs. stock. S2000 has a few tenths 1/4 mile.

Originally posted by BamBooI

It will be good to have a honda guru lurking our boards. Welcome.
    Hehe.. shhhhh.. I'm under cover

Thanks
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

I lurk many boards when I'm interested in what people run in a similar setup. Know thy enemy.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

I'm my own enemy
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    01 s2000

I think I can take your s2k from a roll or a stop if you don't spray me. Or I could spray you back, but that would require 500$ on my part.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

Well if you ever pass by the Orlando area, let me know
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    01 s2000

Roger that.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

To me a stock wrx is slow. yes it launched great, but it was slow after 60mph. I wont feel like its decently fast to me until its running in the 12sec bracket and hitting at least 108-110 in the 1/4. But the handling and braking with what I have done so far are truly superb, just needs more mid and top end grunt.

Its all what your used to...coming from an 11 sec daily driver makes it almost impossible to find something that feels fast out of the box.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Originally posted by twinz
    To me a stock wrx is slow. yes it launched great, but it was slow after 60mph. I wont feel like its decently fast to me until its running in the 12sec bracket and hitting at least 108-110 in the 1/4. But the handling and braking with what I have done so far are truly superb, just needs more mid and top end grunt.

Its all what your used to...coming from an 11 sec daily driver makes it almost impossible to find something that feels fast out of the box.
    Coming from a fighter jet nothing is going to be fast.... jk
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

Originally posted by twinz
    To me a stock wrx is slow. yes it launched great, but it was slow after 60mph. I wont feel like its decently fast to me until its running in the 12sec bracket and hitting at least 108-110 in the 1/4.
    So, what would you reccommend to improve that upper-end speed? Are there any parts that just solve that issue?

Thanks!
    vrooooom

Also, I'll have anyone who's interested know that I raced my friend's s2k the other day and SMOKED it (3 times)!!!!!

To be fair, my WRX is stock, and so's his s2k, BUT, he's rollin on 18's, hence the carlength advantage I had on him.

His 2000 is beautiful, tho.
    vrooooom

Originally posted by jonowrx

So, what would you reccommend to improve that upper-end speed? Are there any parts that just solve that issue?

Thanks!
    A turbo upgrade will definitely increase the top end. MBC+uppipe+turboback will help too.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

Originally posted by jonowrx

Thanks!
    Yep, BambooI is right. First thing to get mid and top end better is up-pipe/and downpipe. That will allow the car to pull to redline instead of falling on its face at 5500rpms like it does with stock exhaust system. After that, a turbo upgrade and its associated air/fuel upgrades are what is needed to get mid and top end power.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Thanks for the input, BambooI & Twinz...

I can't spend the cashish on a new turbo (and don't think i'd need one right now ), but uppipe/downpipe combo sounds like a good place to start. Actually, there are a few places i'd like to spend money, that aren't really acceleration-related (suspension, rims, stereo, etc).

Anyone have any reccomendations/advice on specific brands/makes of up-pipes and downpipes that work well with their rockets?

Also, do most of the turbo upgrades fit the aftermarket up/down pipes? Or would I have to buy all new up/down pipes once I get another turbo?
    vrooooom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.