mustang GT (revisited)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on mustang GT (revisited) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so now my friend adds a loud ass muffler and a K&N filter to his 2000 GT, and now he ...

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX

mustang GT (revisited)

so now my friend adds a loud ass muffler and a K&N filter to his 2000 GT, and now he thinks he can take me on. i'm rollin on the stage zero and thats the only power mods i've got...

think he stands a chance? or should i be backing out of this race
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    Back out? The WRX never backs out. We should make it a rule here to never back down from a race. Your mighty Subaru should hold its own with that GT, no problem. Your stage zero should have you running mid 13's, no fear.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Re: mustang GT (revisited)

Originally posted by Penguinking
    so now my friend adds a loud ass muffler and a K&N filter to his 2000 GT, and now he thinks he can take me on. i'm rollin on the stage zero and thats the only power mods i've got...

think he stands a chance? or should i be backing out of this race
    A muffler alone will net him no noticeable result - performancewise. A K&N MIGHT get him 2-5 HP. Go kick his butt.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

If he only has a muffler don't fear. If he has full exhaust he migh have gain'd some hp. If you can trap around 100 in the quarter you should be able to hang.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    excellent, excellent these are all good things to be hearing from you guys...i can't wait to see how this race goes down
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

He's gonna be pissed. I race new GTs that are lightly modded and I have no problems whatsoever. All I have is a turboback, bov, and tein has lol. Go show him wassup.

PK,

DESTROY HIM. Show no mercy.

-Jim

You'll wax him from a stop. Most people make me race from a roll. I'm ok with that too.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

str
    I raced several GT's at the track and I was running low 14's and they were pulling high 15's. Now go race him already.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Why would you possibly deny the guy a race unless he was insisting on wagering large amounts of money that you couldn't afford?
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

Originally posted by str
    I raced several GT's at the track and I was running low 14's and they were pulling high 15's. Now go race him already.
    High 15s? My first time at the track, I was running mid 15s at 2200 feet on a very hot day and we get flamed BIG TIME for even hinting that the RSX has a chance against a GT. Was this in Delaware at sea level? Just sounds odd since (and PLEASE excuse the magazine racing) stock GTs are supposed to be good for VERY low 14s in the 1/4.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks

stock GTs are supposed to be good for VERY low 14s in the 1/4.
    Yeah, the car is, but there's always that question about the driver...

'90 SCCA ITA Miata

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.