Finally!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Finally! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Even though the guy was an idiot, I finally had someone challenge me! I was coming home from work tonight, ...

Finally!

Even though the guy was an idiot, I finally had someone challenge me!

I was coming home from work tonight, sitting at a red light in the left-most of two left turn lanes. A white accord coupe with 3 kids in it was sitting next to me. I can see he has those stupid washer fluid lights, valve cap lights and some sort of blue neon thingy on his dash. As I'm on the phone with my roommate, the accord starts to rev at me. Sounds like an intake and exhaust. The left turn light changes to green and i do a normal launch (approx. 2k). He revs up to about 5k and drops the clutch. I take the turn in 1st and let it roll out to redline. By the time I'm shifting into 2nd, he's already a good 4-5 cars behind me. I shift into 3rd at around 4k, 4th at around 3k, topping off at around 50mph in a 40mph zone. He's a good ten cars back now. I flash the hazards. Then he flashes his....WTF does that mean? He turns left at the next light. I'm still chuckling to myself. I shouldn't have wasted my time, but these opportunities are few and far between for me. Maybe next time someone a bit more worthy will roll up next to me.

In hindsight, I should have told him how nice his car was when we were both sitting at the light
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Finally!

Originally posted by djrez4
    Even though the guy was an idiot, I finally had someone challenge me!

I was coming home from work tonight, sitting at a red light in the left-most of two left turn lanes. A white accord coupe with 3 kids in it was sitting next to me. I can see he has those stupid washer fluid lights, valve cap lights and some sort of blue neon thingy on his dash. As I'm on the phone with my roommate, the accord starts to rev at me. Sounds like an intake and exhaust. The left turn light changes to green and i do a normal launch (approx. 2k). He revs up to about 5k and drops the clutch. I take the turn in 1st and let it roll out to redline. By the time I'm shifting into 2nd, he's already a good 4-5 cars behind me. I shift into 3rd at around 4k, 4th at around 3k, topping off at around 50mph in a 40mph zone. He's a good ten cars back now. I flash the hazards. Then he flashes his....WTF does that mean? He turns left at the next light. I'm still chuckling to myself. I shouldn't have wasted my time, but these opportunities are few and far between for me. Maybe next time someone a bit more worthy will roll up next to me.

In hindsight, I should have told him how nice his car was when we were both sitting at the light
    Maybe thats to say you won? Never know with some of the stupid **** people do these days.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Re: Re: Finally!

Originally posted by BamBooI

Maybe thats to say you won? Never know with some of the stupid **** people do these days.
    i thought i was supposed to flash the hazards....no him.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Re: Re: Re: Finally!

Originally posted by djrez4

i thought i was supposed to flash the hazards....no him.
    I think that BamBooI was saying that the guy was acknowledging that you won (you know, conceding victory to you). Could be his way of saying, "good kill". You never know.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

manual accord, an I-4. I don't even know why some people bother.
    If he flashed his high beam, he declared his defeat. But if he flew by you and flash his hazards, he is a ricer.

Affirmative. I agree.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.