My first encounter

This is a discussion on My first encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had my first "real" encounter yesterday. By real I mean someone I didn't know I could beat. Wasn't a real ...

My first encounter

Had my first "real" encounter yesterday. By real I mean someone I didn't know I could beat. Wasn't a real stoplight run or anything, we just hit it a few times. It was a pre 98 Camaro. Looked bone stock. I was in front on a 2 lane road. I hit it twice, and the results were the same. He stayed planted on my ass. I couldn't pull. No idea if he could have pulled if there was room to pass. It better have been an LT1 (by bone stock, I mean not even I/E...it was quiet as a mouse). If it was a V6 I'm trading tomorrow My only mods are an Amsoil drop in filter and 15psi boost (bleed type BC)

VV

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Uhhhh.....Trade the car?
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

That's what I meant, yeah.

VV

Originally posted by FutureWRX15
    Uhhhh.....Trade the car?

str
    I doubt it was a V6.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I hope not. The first time we hit it was a 1-2 punch. I jumped a little, but probably just from me going first. The next was a 2-3 run...up to 80 or so. He was glued to my bumper. We went through a curvier section of road, but I didn't run it hard there...too much traffic. I gave the guy a thumbs up for racing...maybe we can go again with less traffic and on a 4 lane (hard to do....I live in BFE)

VV

Originally posted by str
    I doubt it was a V6.

Originally posted by VetteVert
    I hope not. The first time we hit it was a 1-2 punch. I jumped a little, but probably just from me going first. The next was a 2-3 run...up to 80 or so. He was glued to my bumper. We went through a curvier section of road, but I didn't run it hard there...too much traffic. I gave the guy a thumbs up for racing...maybe we can go again with less traffic and on a 4 lane (hard to do....I live in BFE)

VV

Hmm. Maybe he could have passed you. You probably trap lower than an lt1. After 100 it would not be pretty is all I have to say.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

The over 100 part I knew...but the < 100 part wasn't pretty either...

VV

Originally posted by BamBooI

Hmm. Maybe he could have passed you. You probably trap lower than an lt1. After 100 it would not be pretty is all I have to say.