Me vs Lexus SC300

This is a discussion on Me vs Lexus SC300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Aright today me and my friend wanted to go to Dairy Queen, but before we left he was like hey ...

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar

Me vs Lexus SC300

Aright today me and my friend wanted to go to Dairy Queen, but before we left he was like hey man lets race, I just wanna see how close we are. He wanted to race because yesterday I just got my MBC and intake installed. So we head out, he turns on his Passport 8500. We get on the highway and we both slowd down to 40, I counted down and we both hit it. All I could hear was the air sucking into my intake. I pulled on him the whole time. But when I had to shift into 4th, he barely caught up. Why? Because I cant shift fast I didn't miss the shift its just because I couldn't shift fast. Anyways we stopped at 95. At the beggining of the race I THINK I was about a car and 1/4 ahead but at the end, I was only 3/4 a car ahead. His car is bone stock. My first race and first win in the wrx. I was happy. Especially when I heard the PSHHHHH when I shifted. A intake can really make your stock by pass valve louder! Oh by the way, his car was a 94 SC300.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet man! I take it you're not overboosting anymore?

And dude, that's not my quote in your sig LOL! My friend got that off of VW Vortex! Don't attach my name to it! LOL
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

It's a simple matter of gear ratios. He had to shift (auto or manual?) before you did and he stayed floored when you had to let up to shift.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    It's a simple matter of gear ratios. He had to shift (auto or manual?) before you did and he stayed floored when you had to let up to shift.

-Jim
    Uhh... and when the SC had to shift, the WRX had it floored. It doesn't matter.

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    Uhh... and when the SC had to shift, the WRX had it floored. It doesn't matter.
    So your telling me a four speed automatic shifts just as often as a five speed manual and the Lexus can't stay floored when it shifts.

OK.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

-Jim
    My friends car was an auto, and I am not the best driver. I mean I still had him the whole way. But when I had to shift He caught up but when I got it in gear, I was pulling away. And nope I am not over boosting! I still need to turn it down a tad.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by PhreeZe
    My friends car was an auto, and I am not the best driver. I mean I still had him the whole way. But when I had to shift He caught up but when I got it in gear, I was pulling away. And nope I am not over boosting! I still need to turn it down a tad.

Jason
    Good good Overboost = bad
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Update!

Ok my friends wanted me and Mike (Lexus Owner) to go at it again so they could watch. So we went at it again, I forgot how much we slowed down to but today I smoked him! I beat him by like 5 car lengths. I just kept pulling and pulling! I shifited alot faster then I did the day before. I ended at 110 he said he was at 100 when I stoped. Oh man I love the new mods!

Jason

Nice Kill Practice makes perfect, or to the point where you can max out your cars potential. It's good racing against your friends too so that you can review what went on and advice to be exchanged. Good work!

I liked racing Mike. He was cool about it. He was just like damn man your car is fast. Didnt act like a b*tch. Too bad we miss the exit to go to Shari's and everyone had to wait for us. Hahaha.

Jason