Where are these cars when I'm driving?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Where are these cars when I'm driving? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Since my shoulder is fractured I figured I would teach my girlfriend how to drive a 5-speed. Wouldn't you know ...

str

Where are these cars when I'm driving?

Since my shoulder is fractured I figured I would teach my girlfriend how to drive a 5-speed. Wouldn't you know it, every friggin fast car in the area is out on the road driving right next to us. Silver WRX, Audi S4, Corvette, S2000, Trans-AM, Modded Civic, RSX. Where are these cars when I'm driving?
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heh..no doubt. When I'm out crusing it always seems the ricers are going the other way!
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Haha, my car is honoured to be mentioned in such exotic company!! Thanks!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

I never have anyone to play with either!

Colorado Ricers! Come on out!
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Actually ....

I didn't want to mention it however I think I shall now. Well Keith and I decided to take a stroll last Saturday after the movie around 9:30pm on Barrett Pkwy. He wanted to go and see if anything was brewing and I said sure. Well we take 2 trips down Barrett and nothing happens ... bunch of "rice boys" ALWAYS going to opposite direction. Well so we decided to come back to my place and take my WRX out for the same stroll. Keith's WRX is factory except for the uppipe so no sound difference however I have the Tanabe Super Racing Medallion. Well first trip down nothing happens and all the "rice boys" are going the ... oppposite direction.
    However during the beginning of the second lap I'm the first car at the light in the middle lane. Keith starts to talk to someone next to us on the right and it's Neon. I think nothing off it so when the light turns green I accelerate normally however I jump on the gas when I get into gear. The Neon is right beside me for the first 1-2 seconds ... umm turbo lag ... and then it was 5+ cars behind me by the middle of 2nd gear. Nothing to brag about I know. Well you can her my exhaust like 1/4-1/2 a mile away. I slow down because of traffic and I come near a "rice boy" hang out and I rev my engine for a few seconds while passing by because of the red light. So cars pulled out of the parking lot behind be and I look over to my left and it was a new Mustang GT or higher. His passenger looks at me and then the Mustang "tries" to jump ahead of me but ... he doesn't and I'm right next to him. I look over at him and he "revs" to sound me his "V8" sound. Funny ... I like to rev MORE. Well we're approaching under a "BRIDGE" so I wait to return the rev. I start my revs right before the bridge and thus I have FULL sound at 5-7K rpm under the bridge. Remind you the Mustang is looking at me however he was right beside my exhaust. Well ... Tanabe SRM does its job and ROOOOOAAAAARS, rumbles, and shakes, the gound ... too fun. The best part was I was able to get it to BACKFIRE + @ 7K+rpm + under a bridge + a Tanabe SRM. The BOOOOOMMMMM sound scared the Mustang because I saw the change in their faces once they pulled up to me again. Keith and I were laughing at them. Never did that Mustang try to "rev" and me again. Poor, poor V8.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I would've loved to hear that noise you described going under the bridge!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

BANG!!

kinda like that?

i need to find some kills.....my roommate drive a freakin grand am and he gets more kills that i do! no one wants to play with me
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: Actually ....

Originally posted by chuglobal
    Remind you the Mustang is looking at me however he was right beside my exhaust. Well ... Tanabe SRM does its job and ROOOOOAAAAARS, rumbles, and shakes, the gound ... too fun. The best part was I was able to get it to BACKFIRE + @ 7K+rpm + under a bridge + a Tanabe SRM. The BOOOOOMMMMM sound scared the Mustang because I saw the change in their faces once they pulled up to me again. Keith and I were laughing at them. Never did that Mustang try to "rev" and me again. Poor, poor V8.
    I love gunning my engine in a tunnel or under a bridge! Oh man it sounds soooo good!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Actually ....

It's more of like a "Boom" not a "Bang" ... deeper tone due to the Tanabe. However under a "BRIDGE" the echo produces even a MORE deep sound ... something like a very loud THUNDER in a rain storm. As people have stated ... they have never heard anything like it. Gunning under a bridge or on the very left lane on the hwy near the divider does almost the samething.
    2004 STI White/Gold

I saw a load of ricers the other day and was dying to show off a bit......

Had I not been driving Wifey's Outback.

russ

Re: Where are these cars when I'm driving?

Originally posted by str
    Since my shoulder is fractured I figured I would teach my girlfriend how to drive a 5-speed. Wouldn't you know it, every friggin fast car in the area is out on the road driving right next to us. Silver WRX, Audi S4, Corvette, S2000, Trans-AM, Modded Civic, RSX. Where are these cars when I'm driving?
    They are all out there, you are just too busy driving instead of looking for them. Trust me, this is a GOOD THING!

-Jim

Ummm...

I disagree ... I wave my "stick" 95% of the time I and hardly ever get "raced." Maybe good or maybe bad.
    2004 STI White/Gold

HAHAHAHA Good story chug.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Rich,

Are you completely catless? I cant' wait to switch to a race pipe and blow fire balls.

How did you rev to 7k? In gear? Neutral? Seems kind of unnecessary, but I guess it was worth it in shear coolness.

-Jim

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Fireballs are fun But I think I need to get that STi cover for the rear bumper 'cause mine's getting caked with black soot
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast