WRX or EVO? This is your chance. Prove to me which is better. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX or EVO? This is your chance. Prove to me which is better. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if you buy an evo make sure you are good friends with a mechanic....mitsubishi=mechanics best friend...

if you buy an evo make sure you are good friends with a mechanic....mitsubishi=mechanics best friend

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was getting my oil changed in my STi today at our local dealership. They sell several different brands including Subaru's, Mits- EVO's + a lot more. The owner owns a lot of different dealerships around the country. So I basically have to get my oil changed (for my STi) at a place that has an EVO on display.

While waiting for my car I checked out a nice looking (on the outside) blue EVO 8. (inside does look very cheap/rental car with the exception of the seats)

I couldn't believe they wanted $35,200.00 before tax , title, etc. You would be looking at 37k out the door for this EVO 8. I bet they will ask 40K+ for a EVO MR when ever they get one.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    I was getting my oil changed in my STi today at our local dealership. They sell several different brands including Subaru's, Mits- EVO's + a lot more. The owner owns a lot of different dealerships around the country. So I basically have to get my oil changed (for my STi) at a place that has an EVO on display.

While waiting for my car I checked out a nice looking (on the outside) blue EVO 8. (inside does look very cheap/rental car with the exception of the seats)

I couldn't believe they wanted $35,200.00 before tax , title, etc. You would be looking at 37k out the door for this EVO 8. I bet they will ask 40K+ for a EVO MR when ever they get one.
    this holds nothing.....

When I was looking for a rex, the average price I found for a new wrx with basic options was about $28,000 Did they sell if for that (maybe to suckers) but the majority of people payed between 23-25k. Thats how the car business is. If someone is dumb enough to pay $35,000 for an EVO, they will be glad to sell it. But I bet they sell that EVO for less than 30grand. EVO MR will have a price tag of close to 40grand. but they will sell it for about 31-33thousand.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I bought my 2004 Evolution VIII brand new w/ sunroof, leather Recaros, and the Infinity sound system out the door for $31K. The sticker was $33K. That's a fully optioned out Evo. That puts the $35K before tax thought to rest. I'm sure it was dealer specific.

If your choices are still a WRX or an Evo VIII, please go with the Evo. I had a WRX wagon that went 12.7 at 106mph w/ VF30 on 93 octane. The car wasn't as fun to drive even with that small of a turbo. There were lots of things I disliked about the Evo(spoiler/taillights/interior/paint). I got rid of the spoiler and tailights with ease. I'm already used to the interior and I keep up with the paint. This car is a total blast to drive. I can't wait until spring when I throw on all bolt-ons and cams .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Evo's are running for the most part the better times then STI's. This is no comarison with the WRX, Evo all the way.

I have a few close friends with Evo's and whoever said they have mechanical problems is correct.

Not as dependable as a scooby but run the better times.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX

That Blue Evo is NOT stock, thats why is so high in price.I know the one you are talking about
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SHO_Guy
    You guys probably get a lot of this. But can someone run me through the pros and cons of a WRX vs a EVO. What is the BETTER car. Obviously you are going to say WRX. So prove it!
    I currently own a 1993 Taurus SHO 'cause I'm a poor a$$ college student at the moment. But my friend and I are both torn. I would probably rather have a WRX over a EVO but he thinks the opposite. I know that a EVO is better out of the box than a regular WRX. I know that a EVO costs more than a standard WRX. Thats preety much all I know about the cars. Help me out. How much to $$ mod the WRX to make it a better/equal to the EVO etc, etc. Which car takes better to mods? Which car is more reliable? Make my decision easy!

Thanks ahead of time,
    Jake
    Definitely get an EVO!! I had a wrx and that car saw the dealer more than 30 times
    I parted it out and got a brand new Evo! Its fast out of the box as it is, and i must say it feels faster than my modded rex. Lets just say this:My friend has a 04WRX with Full TB, uppipe, mbc, intake, and headers and i pulled a little more than half a car on him, and im BONE STOCK!! Get the EVO, you wont be dissapinted. Minor mods will get you in the 12's easy!! And remember that motor has been proven to hold more that 500WHP!!!
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_04_WRX
    Definitely get an EVO!! I had a wrx and that car saw the dealer more than 30 times
    I parted it out and got a brand new Evo! Its fast out of the box as it is, and i must say it feels faster than my modded rex. Lets just say this:My friend has a 04WRX with Full TB, uppipe, mbc, intake, and headers and i pulled a little more than half a car on him, and im BONE STOCK!! Get the EVO, you wont be dissapinted. Minor mods will get you in the 12's easy!! And remember that motor has been proven to hold more that 500WHP!!!
    are you sure he is a good driver? Thats a lot of mods to be pulled on by a stock evo.. but then again stock evos have been clocked running 13.4's before, so who knows
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

stock for stock.

STi is better at acceleration

EVO is better at handling.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

WRX vs EVO isnt really a fair arguement....... the EVO is quite a bargain for the pure performance you get from it.

if you are as you say a "starving college student" and you're looking for a good car with speed and potential to mod. WRX is good, but it certaintly isnt the best

then you're clearly looking at the wrong cars. you'd wanna look at like.. a 300zx, vr4, gst (gsx), MR2 ... or any older sports car that has been around, with tons of aftermarket support.

persoanlly, id say try and find a 1st gen DSM if all you are looking for is performance, if you want a decent car and speed then go for a 2nd gen DSM.

DSM = big power for cheap.

1st gen DSMs are inexpensive and you can modd to hell and back. its got the 4G63, so its got the heart of the EVO :P the rest is up to you. but if you dont have the money, a WRX isnt the place to start, and even if you do... there are lots of cars you can make faster for a lot cheaper.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Get An Sti

Get An Sti

Get An Sti

Get a MR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen

persoanlly, id say try and find a 1st gen DSM if all you are looking for is performance, if you want a decent car and speed then go for a 2nd gen DSM.
    DSM = big power for cheap.
    1st gen DSMs are inexpensive and you can modd to hell and back. its got the 4G63, so its got the heart of the EVO :P the rest is up to you. but if you dont have the money, a WRX isnt the place to start, and even if you do... there are lots of cars you can make faster for a lot cheaper.
    A DSM would be a disastrous choice for a college student. They simply are not as reliable as one would need to be at specific places during specific times (oh, say, at class at 08:00 or something like that).

Do not get a DSM for a cheap college or pro-/grad- school car. Don't do it.

Try a Honda, a Toyota, even a Z car.

DSMs are cheap to buy, NOT cheap to own, especially if time means something to you.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

All DSM'ers keep a toolbox in their car for a reason... I know I did when I was a DSM'er...
    2002 Black WRX wagon
    1997 GMC Suburban. TURBO Diesel, 4x4 Runs on WVO

Your post count does not equal your intelligence. I don't care how many times you replied with "tacos rule"

I have owned a
    -02 WRX
    -03 350Z
    -04 STi
    -04 Evo

Out of all these cars I'm in an EVO. The only way you could get me out of this car is if you stole it from me. Every day is a thrill to drive it. As for the interior, The STi's is nicer.
    I do like my interior, but thats not why I have this car. If I wanted a car with nice interior I would buy an ///M3.
    Last edited by TurboWill; 02-25-2005 at 02:58 PM.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast