M3 vs STI ????
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on M3 vs STI ???? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, Im just wondering which out of these two cars would be quicker in a quarter mile race ? ...

M3 vs STI ????

Hi guys, Im just wondering which out of these two cars would be quicker in a quarter mile race ? both stock cars with decent drivers. I have always thought that the STI with its fourwheel drive and 280 bhp will kick M3's ass but I have heard from an M3 owner that thats not the story. any comments or ideas on this ? the STI Im talking about is V7 or V8s and M3 is ofcourse the e46

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

M3

quarter mile will be close. but, its all within the trap speeds. sti will trap at about 103-105 and the m3 between 105-108mph.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

STi should win. Most M3s run the 1/4 in mid-high 13s, and most STis are mid-low 13s. In the end its pretty much a drivers race.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

E46 M versus an STI? hmmmm noone here could tell you. It depends on how deep your pockets are. For the price difference you could make one MEAN STi. It depends on what you're looking for. A fast as snot pocket rocket with very stiff ride, not really fit for long drives, or a highway bruiser that while being a very sport oriented car is still very refined. Even though I love my subbie, and I would love even more to have an STi, the M3 is just sexy as all hell.

Personally If you're considering an e46 M3, I'd wait for the next M3 or an M4.... 400HP v8!!!!
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

i raced a convertable m3 and won by 1 car length from a roll. also with an m5. they were from 10 mph rolls
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.