C&D supercar shootout
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on C&D supercar shootout within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got my new C&D, and actually found some time to read it today. I love the supercar shootout, its ...

C&D supercar shootout

I got my new C&D, and actually found some time to read it today. I love the supercar shootout, its cool to see what the tuner cars can do. As a WRX driver though, I wish there was a WRX in there, especially a tuned one. Most of the cars do 12-13sec 1/4 miles, but would very likely kill a stage 4 WRX from 100-150. It'd be interesting to see though. I wonder if they'd even consider putting a WRX in with the "big boys".

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i agree!

that would be cool. we need a moded rex just to keep with the slowest there but it could be close...that truck was sick...running 10's in the quarter.

I actually think one of the heavier modded WRX'es would hold its own reasonably well against some of those cars. I might be dillusional though.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    damn!!! those cars are hella scary as i continued reading the article my eyes kept opening wider and wider - 800 hp??? yikes!!!! remind me not to set foot near a hennessy viper

ya know, i don't think it would take more than oh....40 grand or so to bring the wrx into that playing field...that sound about right?

someone try to list out the mods needed to be done to the wrx to get it to perform in the supercar catagory, then add all the stuff up, it'll be interesting
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I'd put the godspeed stage 4 up against some of those cars. I just saw what they're put on their Stage 4 kits, and it would probably be competitive. They tested several different areas, so the cars that had full out power weren't winners because they weren't drivable on the street as well.

You know what. The article kicked last years ass, but it was too short. It was only a page and half per car. Do we really need 7 Vipers and 12 Corvettes. How about some variety? I'll be there next year with my WRX and I'm only half kidding.

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    i'll be there too...in about 5 years
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Re: i agree!

Originally posted by CarFan
    that would be cool. we need a moded rex just to keep with the slowest there but it could be close...that truck was sick...running 10's in the quarter.
    this probably has been posted b4.. but if u havent seen it, its new to you... lol

-Mike
    Mike@roadfly.com

10.73 WRX 1/4 Mile

i completely agree! I read that and said, I can build a WRX that'll spank most if not all of those cars. (or a supra, rx-7, skyline, etc.) but i dont think i'll be going too crazy with my car... i doubt i will need to be any faster than low 12's...
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Remember, the super car challenge is 0-150-0 so you need killer brakes. It's held on a road coarse, so you need to handle. Speed is only a fraction of the equation. I'll be going for all around and showing those silly editors what the WorldONE Platinum WRX is mad of. Hey, Garrett, are you listening?!?

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    lol

so jim...when do you expect to have your monster wrx completed?
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I definitely think it would be fairly easy to make a semi-competitive WRX. It'd probably be more competitive than the pickup that was in there.

Originally posted by thechickencow
    I definitely think it would be fairly easy to make a semi-competitive WRX. It'd probably be more competitive than the pickup that was in there.
    Now that's what I'm talking about. If some POS GMC AWD pickup can break down at this competition, why can't I go and blow up my car....uh.... I mean, why can't I compete.

BIG QUESTION: Were any of those cars running nitrous? Yeah, uh, I didn't think so. I've got a lot of work to do....

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

BIG QUESTION: Were any of those cars running nitrous? Yeah, uh, I didn't think so. I've got a lot of work to do....

-Jim

lol

now thats something you don't normally expect to hear from the import crowd
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Any of you seen those videos of the guy in the WRX zooming around the track reeling in dedicated race cars? I think it's Sponaugle (sp) or something. He also broke his tranny whilst accelerating in 3rd.

Get the WRX in a nice road course and I'd bet we'd hang pretty well with about 350-400 to the wheels.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast