C&D supercar shootout - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on C&D supercar shootout within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yeah i saw his video - its pimp man i wish my car was built like that...

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    yeah i saw his video - its pimp

man i wish my car was built like that
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I didn't read the article, but you mentioned a Hennessey Viper? You will not catch a Hennessey Viper in your WRX. It can run 9.99 1/4 mile, with sticky tires and a good driver.

I Support ClubWRX
    according to the C&D test, the hennessy ran a 12.4 1/4 @ 134mph...where in the hell did you get a 9.9 from?...perhaps you might be refering to a diff one than the one in the article
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Penguinking
    according to the C&D test, the hennessy ran a 12.4 1/4 @ 134mph...where in the hell did you get a 9.9 from?...perhaps you might be refering to a diff one than the one in the article
    oh ok, here's the full title of the car: 1997 Hennessey Venom 800 twin turbo.

did hennessy make a viper thats faster than that one?
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Ohh. Yeah... the 2000 Venom. Here: http://www.motortrend.com/june01/ttviper/ttviper_f.html

Thats the one I thought you meant. Nevermind...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by JimmyNY
    Ohh. Yeah... the 2000 Venom. Here: http://www.motortrend.com/june01/ttviper/ttviper_f.html

Thats the one I thought you meant. Nevermind...
    yikes!!! 2.43 sec 0-60

::runs away and hides::
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Grab a copy of C&D and read the article. They state in the article that comparing numbers to other tests wouldn't work. TT Vipers and Vettes do not run 12 second 1/4 miles I assure you. No nitrous, and more importantly, no race fuel. 93 octane only. I think this is why there were no Supra's either. My opinion of course. It would be interesting to see, but I don't think the ESX 10 sec car could compete in this crowd. maybe with the stock cars tested.

VV

What gives??? I haven't gotten my issue of Car and Driver yet. I want to read it too...

Man how about the torque specs on the apex viper!!! Something like 750lb/ft at ~2k rpms. gotta love the torque of that monster block NA engine.

Pretty cool that the cobra replica placed so well considering its cost vs the competition. I have been lucky enough to get a ride many years ago in a beautiful competition ERA replica with a big block putting down over 600hp and that was as close to being shot out of a cannon as I care to experience. That car literally gave me a stiff neck from trying to keep my head straight!

..and where were all the Italians??? no ferrari's or lambo's..buncha pussies!
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Grab a copy of C&D and read the article. They state in the article that comparing numbers to other tests wouldn't work. TT Vipers and Vettes do not run 12 second 1/4 miles I assure you. No nitrous, and more importantly, no race fuel. 93 octane only. I think this is why there were no Supra's either. My opinion of course. It would be interesting to see, but I don't think the ESX 10 sec car could compete in this crowd. maybe with the stock cars tested.

VV
    OK, this changes things. I'll have to build a 2.2L and tune for 93 octane. I suspected as much.

This isn't a big deal. It's just another challenge. The import crowd is WAY TOO dependent on nitrous. I'm glad C&D decided not to go that route. Let them duke it out in SCC.

-Jim

The Venom was quick with that 0-60 in 2.43 sec, but if you read the article of the Linginfelter Vette vs. the F-18 (Yes, the fighter jet), that thing did 0-60 in 1.97 seconds. The thought of that is really pretty scary......

I've met John Lingenfelter. He is a very nice guy. He also likes the WRX. Maybe I'll get a Lingenfelter flat-four for my WRX. LOL.

He is THE MAN of Chevrolet V8s. His reign is unquestionable. He builds the fastest (and most expensive) Vettes in the country and they are a nice way to get yourself killed, IMO. I personally like what he's done for GM four cylinders. I have video of his "fastest four cylinder" pass at Atco during the NHRA regionals. My cameraman had trouble keeping up with the GMC Sonoma!!! AWESOME.

-Jim

In our Wheels and motor magazine from february they put the 2002 STi Up against a 911 Carrera and the M3 it was a good article they were all Blue and the Sti looked at home in that company

Originally posted by wombat
    In our Wheels and motor magazine from february they put the 2002 STi Up against a 911 Carrera and the M3 it was a good article they were all Blue and the Sti looked at home in that company
    That's because... IT IS AT HOME.

The STi is the most versatile car on the planet. There, I said it.

-Jim

They probably ruled out any tuned Rexes because one of the criteria was that the car had to top out over 150.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast