Stg 2 > Mitsu 3000 gt TT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stg 2 > Mitsu 3000 gt TT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WRX-->2 people total, the 3000gt-->2 people total. It was on rt 19 near 7 eleven and a Red VR4 rolled ...

Stg 2 > Mitsu 3000 gt TT

WRX-->2 people total, the 3000gt-->2 people total. It was on rt 19 near 7 eleven and a Red VR4 rolled up next to me reving and making a bunch of racket! I just look over and give the "nod." The light turns green and we both launch, 1st gear i pulled maybe a bumper length, end of 2nd i was 1.5 cars ahead, end of 3rd I was 2+ cars ahead. I slowed down and he did the ricer fly bye, which ticked me off becasue we had just had a sweet race. So the next light rolls around and we are lined up again. We both take off and I give it enough gas so I just stay beside him and my g/f blows him a kiss followed by a finger and I take off. He quickly turns. LOSER! WRX > VR4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice runs. I too just had my 1st 3000GT VR4 encounter over the weekend. Those thing are heavier than the WRX.

I love my Stage 2.

The weight means diddly squat. I've owned tiny cars and big cars; who cares what it weighs as long as it performs?

It just shows that people shouldn't challenge other cars in their 10 year old stock car.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Funny.... My friends BPU VR4 feels hella fast. I wouldn't think a stg 2 would have a chance. Guess i was wrong. Good kill!
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

A BPU VR4 is much quicker than stock. I can run 12.90s with a MBC and downpipe on any otherwise-stock 3kGT/Stealth, all 4070 lbs of it.
    John M
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Ya go find one with some decent mods then post the outcome.

lol i know...

my neighbor has a BPU'd vr-4, and needless to say it sounds sick,and fugin HAULS
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Bpu?

bpu = basic performance upgrade.....exhaust, intake, boost controller....

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    The weight means diddly squat. I've owned tiny cars and big cars; who cares what it weighs as long as it performs?
    weight has to do with a lot on how well a car will perform. A smaller weight to power ratio will always help your car; it'll accellerate faster, slow down faster, able to corner with higher speed, etc.

I agree that if you're only doing highway pulls then it's all about what's under the hood because weight is of little factor. But that's not the only thing I enjoy doing with my car.

Lateral g's - beats NSX, Supra, C5:
    http://stealth316.com/images/mt_5-97-p16.jpg

Slalom - beats "only" the C5:
    http://stealth316.com/images/mt_5-97-p17.jpg

Braking - beats NSX & Viper, ties C5, 1ft behind Supra
    http://stealth316.com/images/mt_5-97-p21.jpg

Considering the cars in that test, I don't think it did too bad. Give it the HP it needs (quick & easy) and it's that much more of a contender, despite the popular "it's too heavy" myth.
    John M

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.