STI vs Spec V

This is a discussion on STI vs Spec V within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was really sad.... I was on my way home when this slowing moving red debadged spec v was in ...

STI vs Spec V

It was really sad.... I was on my way home when this slowing moving red debadged spec v was in front of me. I noticed that he had an aftermarket exhaust so I gave my sti a little lumph and passed him.

He didn't like me passing too well and he came around and did the same to me. ITS ON!!

Got him to follow me to an empty road parallel to the highway, we made 2 runs:

1st run: I told him to go first from a 20mph roll. He downshifed and manage to do a 5 second peel as I waited for him to gain traction. He hung in there for a second and I put an instant 3+ carlengths on him.

2nd run: Rolled to a stoplight, he didn't look like he wanted anymore. So I was about to make a right and call it a night when I heard him peel out across the intersection. oookay... I took my time and launch my car at 5k (his almost across the intersection by this point). As he was trying to gain traction still from his 2nd gear I blew past him. I was in the next time zone by the time I let off. He made a U turn and that was that..

Not sure why I raced it. Maybe because I used to own one? Maybe I just felt like a ****? Its was like sqashing a fly... at least he was kinda cool about it.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

maybe he wanted to see your STi run. I'm always in the mood for those type of races.

good kill. I've got an STI and a Spec V in the garage. I am driving the V for a whole week cause its comfortable, torquey... makes it easy to drive at low rpm's, and mainly because it doesn't eat that much gas and i wanna keep the miles down on the Sti.

But back to the story... I know of this one guy with a V that runs 13.1 in the quarter at over 105mph . And that is without traction! I am afraid of my gf V beating my STI one day.. I need a faster car. Wait a minute.. I had 2 sport bikes already.. hell i don't need speed.

Don't pick on them.. .. They just don't know