Twisties: Wrx (0) vs crazy Van driver (1)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Twisties: Wrx (0) vs crazy Van driver (1) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I was cruising on a 3 lane street on the far left lane behind some slow cars when a ...

Talking Twisties: Wrx (0) vs crazy Van driver (1)

Well, I was cruising on a 3 lane street on the far left lane behind some slow cars when a van that looked something like this

came up behind me and passed me. He started cutting people off trying to get ahead of everyone. He is already a good half block ahead of me. I change to the middle lane and spotted an opening in the right lane as the car in that lane was signaling to make a right hand turn. As soon as the car made the turn, I got over to the right lane and caught up to the driver in the van as he was waiting at the stoplight. He was the first driver on the right with me right behind him.

As soon as I caught up to him, the light turns green. As I knew he would, he guns it, with me in neutral going into 2nd. I pass all the cars on the left and switch over to the middle lane. The 3 lane road splits off at the end of the block with the right lane going right (90 degree turn) and the other 2 lanes going left. I am about a car length behind the van in the middle lane, waiting to see what he does. He is going way too fast to be turning right. As we approached the turns, we both were doing about 60 mph, the van swerves from the right lane, all the way to the left and makes the turn. I change to 3rd and begin persuit. The left turn was almost a 90 degree curve, and I accidently gassed it too much when I saw that I was losing some ground to him, and understeered quite a bit. I regain control 80% through the turn while the van gained about 2-3 cars. We come up on another left turn curve, this time the turn was wider. He goes and swerves back into the right lane (the one I am on) and swerves back to the left lane when he enters the turn. This time I am right behind him, but still on the right lane, not even dare passing him for fear of him crashing into me.

After completing the left turn, the road straightens briefly, and I see that the van is accelerating to about 70 mph. Once again, I am right behind him, not passing him. I ease off the gas a bit, because I thought he was going way too fast for the right hand turn. He is in the far left lane, with me still in the right lane, and swerves to the right lane once he enters the turn. The guy almost loses it and barely avoids toppling the van over. As I see him regain control, I get right behind him again. The road once again straightens out briefly, and he switches over to the left lane to prepare for the next turn coming up on the right.

I am still on the right lane. There was a car in the left lane blocking him, so he cuts him off and gets back into the left lane. Once again, he swerves back to the right lane while entering the turn, with me right behind him. He finishes the turn with him ending up in the left lane and with me still in the right lane. Another few cars were on the left lane, and he cuts back into the right lane while coming up to a red light.

The guy slants his car to the left so that I could see him clearly in the big side view mirror while he was laughing his a$$ off As soon as he saw me make eye contact with him, he gave me a thumbs up and still kept laughing I wasn't expecting it, and was surprised when he gave me the thumbs up sign, but I gave him back a and started laughing too. This guy was crazy doing 50+ mph turns in a van like that. The van still had dealer plates on it too As soon as the light turned green he accelerated quickly, but didn't gun it. He, once again, started cutting people off while I stayed behind and lost him in the traffic.

That was fun. Even though I could've passed him at almost any time, I didn't. I just didn't trust the guy allowing me to pass, especially if he was concentrating on the road so much. A lil car like mine would easily be squished if he didn't see me at his side.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That sounds just like that Acura ad where the Acura can't get away from a crappy old Ford Transit

The guy may be nuts..............

But the S.O.B can drive (Probably an old figure 8 driver. )

Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

Nice death!!!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Thumbs up Hey, that was me!

Hey, sorry about that! I was delivering a kidney for an emergency transplant to the Hospital up on Route 12. I was running late because I stopped to get a double mocha latte and a scone at the Starbucks and the crab-ass behind the counter wouldn't break my $100 bill unless I bought more crap. So after about two dozen caffeine laden coffee drinks, I was probably a bit hyper and driving a tad beyond my capabilties. Not to mention that I had to take a leak like you can't possibly imagine! So yeah, I was in a hurry...

I'm looking at doing a blown 5.4 conversion from my cousin's wrecked 03 Cobra though, so I can afford to take a few more breaks during my next round of organ donor deliveries and make up more time on the highway. Ford Econoline OWNS you!!!!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.