Taunting an idiot truck

This is a discussion on Taunting an idiot truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home from the Del Mar horse races with my wife, when I passed a big ass Ford ...

Taunting an idiot truck

I was driving home from the Del Mar horse races with my wife, when I passed a big ass Ford pickup that was raised and from the sounds of it had some exhaust and engine mods. Well this idiot followed me off the freeway and at the next light revved up and challenged me. I thought, is this idiot on crack? He must have known what my WRX was and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Well since I drive an auto, he got about a half car length in front of me at the green, but then on it was all Rex. I know it was no contest, but it was sure satisfying teasing and taunting this moron. I would get ahead and just as he caught up to me, I would rocket away. I did this a few times and he finally got the hint when the road got curvy. My WRX just grabbed the curves and he almost flipped. Idiot.

I know we shouldn't tease the mentally handicapped, but he asked for it.

The best part was that my wife encouraged my sadistic behavior. Gotta love her.
    With great power comes great responsibility...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same thing happened to me about two weeks ago. I pulled up in a turn lane to get onto the hwy and sitting there is a Ford truck with some big ass wheels and a lift kit. The two guys in the truck I guess thought they were cool and revved it up (my car is pretty loud w/ a catless BPM GT). I started laughing and thought they were kidding.

BTW, it was raining lightly and the turn lane goes under an overpass before making it out to the hwy follwed by a tight curve and then straightens back out. The light went green and apparently the guys were serious as they leaped off the line but that got me to laughing again.

I said to myself, whatever, as I went into second I went ahead and stomped on it and slowed for the tight curve, they did to but when they got back on the gas the truck went out of control. By that time, the WRX had gracefully taken the wet, rained soaked curve and they were just at my back bumper. I was totally freaking out because they were damned close to hitting me.

The truck was fish tailing side to side something viscious and I seriously thought it was going to flip over. I just punched it all the way through 2nd and into 3rd gear until I got to the hwy and then looked back. They had finally gotten control back of the truck but I was still freaking out as they had almost flipped over on ME.

Moral is don't race rednecks in big trucks.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Truck mantra #1: Even if he is faster than me, I could beat him in a stump pulling contest!!

I'm just teasing. There are a couple fast trucks out there that would seriously give you a run for your money but this one wasn't it. I've been revved on by old trucks and SUVs before. They have probably beat stock Civic DXs and since we all know that my car looks EXACTLY like an overpriced Civic, they probably thought they could show me up too. It's all fun!

<rant>What is it with the redneck mentality of MOST truck owners though? (not all so don't come back and say "I know one guy...") VW drivers put stickers on with FarfenFoockinA (or things like that), ricers have japanese characters which probably say stupid things like "Powered By Honda", but truck drivers are the ones with the pissing Calvins, the nekkid ladies, or, my personal favorite (and I'm NOT making this up) "My other ride is your wife". This was a big banner on his rear window! Who would proudly display something like that?</rant>

BTW, nice kill!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

He only got you off the line because of the EXTREMELY low final drive those truck need to start moving.

Brake-torque next time and you'll NEVER see the tail end!

-Jim