Anyone here of the WR1 Sti?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone here of the WR1 Sti? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got a european magazine this week and they had a article of this sti called the WR1. It's crazyyy ...

Banned

Anyone here of the WR1 Sti?

I got a european magazine this week and they had a article of this sti called the WR1. It's crazyyy fast. 0-60 mph 4.2 secs. They said there are only 500 made in the world. You can change your tourqe with the dccd I think. Anyways anyone here of this? Is it coming to north america? It has 315 hp how is that soo much faster? They lined it up with a 996 turbo at the 1/4 mile and they were dead even.. Wow. anyways wanted to know if anyone heard of this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The regular USDM STi has DCCD, same stuff. The Ice Blue metallic paint job on the WR1 is HOT though. Compared to the rated 265hp 253lb-ft overseas STI to the 320hp 299hp WR1 version and it's a kick in the pants, for the 300hp 300lb-ft USDM Sti the 20hp upgrade isn't anything special, probably why the WR1 won't be found in the states. The only thing they do to make the extra HP is a "higher flow cat", a "sports" silencer, and an ECU tweak.

It gets prodrive 18"s and a mild prodrive drop(25mm)

Here's Pics of the WR1

an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

Beautiful colour. Just to note though, Top Gear had a video comparing the Evo FQ320 vs the STi WR1. They absolutely hated the WR1 and said it squealed like a pig and had way too much understeer.

I'm not positive but I do not believe the WR1 gets the RE070s, which can make a big difference.

As for the WR1 staying even with a 911 Turbo, no way in hell. The 911 can hit very low 12s (and some have hit high 11s) in the 1/4 and crazy trap speeds.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    I'm not positive but I do not believe the WR1 gets the RE070s, which can make a big difference.
    The few places I can find say P-zeros for rubber.

Banned

wow..

That is hot!!!

Here you go Tailspin, this is the STi we should all want:
    http://www.type-25.com

Besides the sweet colour, the WR1 has nothing on that STi.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Here you go Tailspin, this is the STi we should all want:
    http://www.type-25.com

Besides the sweet colour, the WR1 has nothing on that STi.

:drool 350hp twinscroll 2.5L that's what I'm talking about!!

WOW, i know what i want for xmas lol

http://www.import-heaven.net/specs_s..._sti_wr1.shtml

12.8@110mph!! ...0-100 in 10.67 (faster than m3) 0-60 in 4.25
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    http://www.import-heaven.net/specs_s..._sti_wr1.shtml

12.8@110mph!! ...0-100 in 10.67 (faster than m3) 0-60 in 4.25
    Hmm, that site lists the WR1 engine as 2.5L. Um, yeah.

That trap speed seems awfully high...
    2005 Aspen White STi

That trap speed seems awfully high...
    The car should be able to tracp that high. It's probably because the reviewer sucks at AWD launching.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

I travel to Mildenhall in England quite a bit. A buddy of mine that was on the crew knows my obsession with Subaru and was like I think I saw something in a showroom a month ago that you might like. For that matter he didnt know he was taking me to see a Type - 25 he just knew it was a hot Subaru. All I can say is WOW. Seeing the Blue Pearl in person was to me breath taking. Its a super beautiful car, however the guy at the show room was being kind of a prick and would not let me sit in it however after I breathed a little fog on the window I convinced him to atleast open the door If we could only get these in America *sigh*
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    The car should be able to tracp that high. It's probably because the reviewer sucks at AWD launching.
    If he sucked at launching he wouldn't get a 12.8.

It just seems strange that the US-spec STi with virtually the same power and weight can barely trap 101-104 while the WR1 traps 110mph and runs .3 seconds faster? Maybe it is the gearing and final drive?
    2005 Aspen White STi

The WR1 is similar in power to a Vishnu stage 2, but with AVCS and a twin scroll instead of a VF30. It's also a 2.0 so it can rev higher than the STi. The times put down in the comparison below match the WR1's.
    http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...0308scc_sti01/

"How does a 12.8-second quarter mile at 110 mph sound? Last time we checked, that's not quite Porsche Turbo territory, but at this price, who's complaining? Any street car that breaks the 12-second barrier in the quarter mile is a monster. And doing it for this kind of cash outlay verges on ridiculous. Equally silly is the machine's 4.7-second 0-to-60 time. Vishnu's WRX won this testosterone match with a simple combination of usable power (lots of it) and the reliability and driveability of Subaru's stock drivetrain, including the factory clutch."

"The STi was not far off, hauling through the traps only .3-seconds behind. Its trap speed, however, was 5-mph slower--a testament to the sheer power of the Vishnu WRX. More striking was the demonstration of torque and the gross strength of the STi's drivetrain as it left the line with the all four tires smoking, putting rubber to tarmac all the way through first gear. Verdict: The quarter mile vanished in 13.1 seconds at 105 mph. Sixty miles per hour arrived in 4.9 seconds."
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast