Anyone here of the WR1 Sti? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Anyone here of the WR1 Sti? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; are these gonna come to the states? especially that type-25. wow......

are these gonna come to the states? especially that type-25. wow...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I really want that paint code, so i can repaint mine to match. Otherwise i think my mods on my 04 STi will be fine for me to live with.

Anyone know how much a full repaint with that color would cost?
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

For the type-25 a twinscoll has a MUCH broader power curve. The last time I was in Malaysia I had the fortune to ride in a Spec C. After buying my beast I was astonished to feel the power difference, mine felt like a boggy limp noodle. Even on a mild launch the twinscroll wouldn't bog, The boost gauge would be in the positive region right after 2k, and it doens't fall on it's face at higher rpms either, that thing pulled like a monster all the way to redline.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

Is that writer from sportcompact car crazy? Calling the stock WRX drivetrain "reliable"? Does he know anything about our transmissions?

Seriously though, I feel much better about not waiting for the STI to come out knowing that writers love souped up WRX's just as much as they do STI's.

That STi looks sweet though. Damn that's a nice color and not to mention the wheels, brakes and front end. On second thought, I am pissed I didn't wait.
    My transmission hates me. So does my wife because of this car.

I recollect reading Subaru does directly export to UK. Prodive imports Subaru and throws on the PPP.

So STI+PPP = WR1
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Besides being smoking hot it also includes foglights, unlike the USDM STi brethren...

Nothing big in alot of peoples eyes, but it adds to the great looks of the car
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

I'm not overly fond of the fog lights to be honest...
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by illusion
    The regular USDM STi has DCCD, same stuff. The Ice Blue metallic paint job on the WR1 is HOT though. Compared to the rated 265hp 253lb-ft overseas STI to the 320hp 299hp WR1 version and it's a kick in the pants, for the 300hp 300lb-ft USDM Sti the 20hp upgrade isn't anything special, probably why the WR1 won't be found in the states. The only thing they do to make the extra HP is a "higher flow cat", a "sports" silencer, and an ECU tweak.
    The JDM STI is rated at 280hp.....but everyone knows that this is underrated from the factory. They tend to dyno near 260+whp .
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12