Suprised A Ferrari Yesterday!!!

This is a discussion on Suprised A Ferrari Yesterday!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming off C-470 on to I-70 Westbound I caught up to a F355 Spider. I heard the exhaust from the ...

Suprised A Ferrari Yesterday!!!

Coming off C-470 on to I-70 Westbound I caught up to a F355 Spider. I heard the exhaust from the off ramp and thought, what the heck is that? As I hustled through traffic to catch up I was excited to see this beautiful Black Ferrari! We are in the middle lane and he drops it a gear and takes off. I was in 6th and dropped to 4th and closed on him at about 110. I had to back off a touch so I got in the right lane and passed him. As I got on the side of him he went down another gear! That Ferrari sounded like an Indy Car, it was screaming! We backed off at about 130 as we were approaching traffic. When we backed off he was at my back bumper. We plotted for position once again in the left lane and the one last car that was in front of him moved over and here we go again! I had no room to pass but closed on him again and had to back off the gas a touch, My car clearly had more! It was probably the most exciting street race that I can remember having. We played cat and mouse all the way to the Evergreen exit! My hands were shaking when I got off the highway...Just wanted to share my Ferrari kill story.
    '04 STI, BLUE, APS INTAKE, TURBOXS BOV, DYNAMAX EXHAUST, 5ZIGEN 18" WHEELS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NICE kill. Those things are definetly no slouches, especially on the highways. I think they are like high 12 low 13 second cars trapping around 109 or 110, but don't quote me on that.

I would love to run one of those or the newer 360, but I rarely see them, and even when you do, it's harder to get them to race. The closest thing I've taken was a newer Porsche Carrera S on the highway, but it wasn't very close. That's cool that he wasn't a yuppy poser and actually put up a fight. Did you see his expression at all?

I

There is a guy with a 360 in town and a few people from the club have beat up on him. Harvey took him in his wagon and made him show up to one of our meets.
    MCL
    "We rolls with the hatchet like nuns roll with church, and to us the hatchet means more then some merch!!"

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! Scoring an exotic kill is one of the most thrilling feelings! I ate a 355 F1 in my jdm swap 2 years ago, except he wasn't as cool about it, or eager for more like your 355 driver was. You will get a smile on your face for years to come when you think about that race...
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

Love the exotic kills. I had a Jag want to race me when it was drizzling out. I was through the light and into 2nd before he stopped spinning his tires. He then did the fly by after I let off. He wasn't smiling though.
    2004 STi

Nice!

I toasted a 94 Ford Contour the other day.....Almost as exciting.

Seriously, thanks for the story. Love to hear about the big, bad cars going down.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Quote Originally Posted by \/\/ R ><
    It must not have been a Contour SVT.

Talking Svt

Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    It must not have been a Contour SVT.
    Uh...it did have a spoiler.....

Quote Originally Posted by \/\/ R ><

Seriously, thanks for the story. Love to hear about the big, bad cars going down.

I'll run you from a roll.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    hmm...I'm no ferrari expert but arent they way out of an STi's league on the highway?? I've seen a video of a blown c5 beating up on a ferrari but a blown c5 is pushing 500rwhp, the sti has what, 280awhp with those mods?? maybe?

Seems odd to me.
    2003 SRT-4

I was a little suprised too. I did a little research myself and what I found out is that the car I was racing was probably in the range of about 380 hp. I am guessing that this Ferrari was 5 or 6 years old judging by the body and lights. I would think He has more power loss at this altitude than I did and the race was very close! It took me from 80 to 130 mph to pass him and I only edged him out. At 130 he was on my back bumper so it was very close. We raced truly one more time and I had no room to pass but I was on his bumper and had to back off. I was not initially expecting to win but it turned out that my car had more than his. I am 40 years old and I don't make up stories, what I described is what actually happened!!!

Marco.
    '04 STI, BLUE, APS INTAKE, TURBOXS BOV, DYNAMAX EXHAUST, 5ZIGEN 18" WHEELS.

I Support ClubWRX
    It definitely depends which Ferrari you're racing. 355 F1's run 13.2 @ 108 ballpark, based on what I've read. So its very logical that a mildly modd'ed STi at altitude could slowly pull away from a car like that.

Of course, the value of beating any Ferrari is priceless, especially for a Subaru driver!
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by annointed
    It definitely depends which Ferrari you're racing. 355 F1's run 13.2 @ 108 ballpark, based on what I've read. So its very logical that a mildly modd'ed STi at altitude could slowly pull away from a car like that.

Of course, the value of beating any Ferrari is priceless, especially for a Subaru driver!

I seem to recall mid 13s for the 355 Spider. When I was in France I drove one, it was fast but it was nothing earthshattering (fun as hell and damn did it sound good). I told the guy that let me drive it that I had a WRX and then he told me his son did as well and that they were about as fast. He was being modest, but from a dig on the street I think a stage 2+ WRX would give one fits.