Death of a little enthusiasm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Death of a little enthusiasm within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have not really raced the STi all that much but I did lose some enthusiasm for it last thursday. ...

Death of a little enthusiasm

I have not really raced the STi all that much but I did lose some enthusiasm for it last thursday.

I had a family function and I knew that my uncle that hardly ever comes to these functions was going to show up. I was hoping that he would bringing his 2001 Ferrari 360 Modena because I was going to find a way to drive it, and I had already driven his Porsche 911 Turbo. Unfortunately it was raining in the morning, not hard but a constant drizzle. So I figured he would not be bringing out the 360 today .When I showed up to my destination he was not there yet.
    Of course he Shows up late, but what is this? He is pulling in with a brand new Ferrari, a 360 Challenge Stradale in dark blue, it was fricken gorgeous. I checked it out in detail, it was packed full of CF all over the inside, the entire doors were CF, same with the center console and the racing bucket seats, CF wrapped in leather.
    Next thing i know I am doing 120 down backroads with very little effort. The only thing that sucked about it was it had just 500 miles on it so it was still in breakin mode, keep it under 5k RPM for the first 600 miles, so close yet so far away. Shifting was effortless with the paddle shifter. But I would have liked to have gotten into that 8500 redline, but maybe next time.
    Needless to say i am still grinning from the experience, I need a job that pays me 500,000/yr right now!
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sht
    when you get that job hook me up
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Damn. You got to drive one of my favorites.

Savor the flavor.

Thats awesome man. I have driven tons of Ferraris, and the CS is definately one of my favs! However, why is he breaking it in? All Ferraris come from the factory with atleast 50 miles that were put on by a professional driver on their Fiorano test track. (BTW, I am still wondering how you get that job!?!?!) There is no need to baby a new Ferrari. Just stomp on it and never regret it. Plus, you know if the has a 360 CS, he can definately afford to maintain it if it breaks! Congrats on the ride!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

He told me it was in break-in, some people are sticklers for it, you know. That might have been what the dealer told him, but the thing was brand new, and definately yearning to hit the 8500 rpm red line. I am going to have to hustle for a few years but that car will be mine, maybe i will buy it from him when he is done with it, or somehow work out a deal for his other one.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

what does ur uncle do? seems bloody rich

damn you goldblatt!!!!! even now you spite me. somewhere you will get yours, and then the day is mine!!!

_\m/
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBee
    damn you goldblatt!!!!! even now you spite me. somewhere you will get yours, and then the day is mine!!!

_\m/
    HAHA this is funny stuff. Maybe one day i will give you a ride in mine (if I win the lotto and can afford one).

To the other guy... My uncle owns a paper mill and they make paper there, go figure.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    HAHA this is funny stuff. Maybe one day i will give you a ride in mine (if I win the lotto and can afford one).

To the other guy... My uncle owns a paper mill and they make paper there, go figure.

yes, and this 'paper' they make, do they also use a lot of green inks and stencils with, ohhh, i dunno, say, president's faces on them???
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBee
    yes, and this 'paper' they make, do they also use a lot of green inks and stencils with, ohhh, i dunno, say, president's faces on them???
    Unfortunately no, otherwise I would have to get in on that. I need money damnit!
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.