Which will be more reliable pushing 300whp WRX or RSX-S - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Which will be more reliable pushing 300whp WRX or RSX-S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ROTFL!! I'd just finished my last post and I noticed this in "Similar threads" below. If this isn't the answer ...

ROTFL!! I'd just finished my last post and I noticed this in "Similar threads" below. If this isn't the answer to the whole thread, then my sister had an unnatural relationship with a simian!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe just stop explaining why there are highly respected members here that no longer or never did have WRXs? Newbies bring up the topic often and the argument just gets old.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

sht
    Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista
    ROTFL!! I'd just finished my last post and I noticed this in "Similar threads" below. If this isn't the answer to the whole thread, then my sister had an unnatural relationship with a simian!
    your link ihave read and every car has it's probs there is no way around that. but yea if you keep this whole you dont have a wrx leave thing. your going to come off like even more of an ass. quit now
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Troll? That's funny. As far as me only posting in the WRX vs World section, what's your point? I have plenty of other posts in the Technical forums over at nasioc.com but I guess you didnt search there.

Here, let me break down your post and tell you why I disagree since I obviously upset you so much that you had to go searching all my previous posts...

The idea of 300whp in a FWD car may be exciting, but only if all you want to do is trailer it to the drag strip. It won't be good for anything else.
    The simple fact that I drive my FWD car to and from work and to the drag strip with no problems at all pretty much discredits that statement right there. Oh yeah, I also drive it to the drag strip and run 12 second passes with it. Your head might explode when you hear that I will be making over 400whp with it pretty soon and still intend to use it as a daily driver. The world must be coming to an end!

Try driving that on the street and imagine the torque steer.
    That might be true in most FWD but my car has equal length half shafts and LSD which does a pretty good job. On the other hand, my WRX with its open front diff torque steered like a mofo with 350whp. Isnt that strange...?

and in anything other than ideal conditions (think a slight sprinkle of rain) you'll have to be so gentle on the throttle, otherwise you'd just go straight on at corners...
    I'm sorry but I bought this car to race in the dry. If you're trying to race on the streets in the rain then youre more ignorant than I thought.

And for the record, I do not think that FWD > AWD. I responded to your post and you replied with flames. Now I'm telling you why you are wrong. Have a nice day!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

My wrx torque steers pretty hard.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Yeah I read about that. Hopefully that final drive will help it accelerate faster, especially with the peak power being made higher up.

From the looks of things, the new RSXs are going to be top-end monsters once people get through modding them.
    Yea, it should be much better for the '05 guys. Since they've got the Integra Type R cams, intake manifold and final drive..well, once Hondata comes out with ECU work, you can bet that CAI + ECU will net around 215whp. So in essence, for $800 or so, 13s should easily be achieved if I'm reading the situation correctly. Not bad..still no WRX or SRT-4, but not bad for a 4 cylinder NA car.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Funny how when I looked up his posts, he never seemed to share his expertise in the technical forums, but just liked to post here in WRX vs the World...

If that isn't a definition of rejection, I'd like you to come up with a better one. Let's just say your girlfriend said that to you: "I really like you, but I want something different..."

Yea, I got mine in October '02, after a Galant vr4, and a heavily modded A2 GTI, and more cars than you can shake a stick at...

Frankly, that is just envy. Granted, the Dodge Neon forums are boring as hell. Biggest thread is the discussion of new colors for 2005 models!!

I think there is every reason to attack someone for selling their WRX if they want to post on an exclusively WRX forum; this is not Clubanybodywhosinterested.net!! "All the reasons"? What reasons do you need? You prefer some other car? You don't have the money to pay for it? (come on, this is 2004, poverty is no excuse)? If you don't like WRX any more then just go away, don't come here and aggravate us.
    Dude, you're kind of an...naw, no personal insults from me. I mean, you have 52 posts...who are you to tell anyone whether they belong here or not? I guess in your eyes I shouldn't post here since I don't own a WRX...which is weird because I have been well received by this community overall since I joined about 2 years ago.

I don't know man, you're not coming off that great, even to your own crowd. Its not your site, and you're not a moderator. If everyone here not only tolerates us, but accepts us as part of a community, who are you to judge us?

Quote Originally Posted by sht
    damn smokey pissed
    Yea, those bastards got the cams STOCK that I have wanted for quite some time...

You are obviously the expert here, having driven both a WRX and a Dodge, but I based my comment on 35 years driving experience, mostly in FWD and including quite a bit of competition (though none of it drag-racing, which your avatar suggests you favor). I had the opportunity to drive my nephew's 240 hp/ton (the equivalent of a 330hp WRX) FWD rally car in the rain last year and it was frankly frightening. I know that your Dodge weighs about 2800 pounds, that would be an equivalent of about 210hp/ton. Are you trying to tell us that the Dodge is just as driveable in marginal conditions as your WRX was?

Please tell us, why did you give up a 352hp WRX for a 292hp Dodge? And as you don't even drive a WRX any more, how come you're still here, troll? In fact, I'm surprised that someone who actively rejected the WRX as their choice of vehicle has the bare-faced gall to show their face here at all.

This guy is funny..... his posts hold as much importance as the dump I took this morning
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

This guy is funny..... his posts hold as much importance as the dump I took this morning

Best quote of the day!
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123