shouldn't I have been smoked?

This is a discussion on shouldn't I have been smoked? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I pull up next to this 2.7t quattro at a light and we both pull away and I hear ...

shouldn't I have been smoked?

So I pull up next to this 2.7t quattro at a light and we both pull away and I hear him easing into then floor it, and I am like, I am game, I'll lose but I am game, anyways, he slows down and I pull up side by side, I nod and he floors it and I floor it a split second after and then I start pulling away, I was like maybe 1/2 a car in front of him and I was still in D I didn't even drop it to 3 by the light and he pulls up next to me and he says, are those as much fun to drive as they look, I said yup, and he says his bro has one, blah, blah. Shouldn't an audi quattro 2.7t have beaten me? I have never driven an audi but I thought it would've made sense. I have the 4EAT and he was an auto too.
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

to answer your topic question: NOPE. The A6 2.7T is quick, but the A6 body is too heavy to get the time like the S4, but they do have the same mod potential like the B5 S4. A modded one can be scary.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

I was at the track a few years back and saw a nice A6 2.7t in line to run so I asked the guy what kind of times he was getting. He told me that he was getting high 14's that day but he's seen mid 14's in his car before. I think all he had was an intake and some rims but it looked very nice. He was planning on chipping the car too so I figure it could be a low 14 high 13 car w/ the proper mods.

That is what would happen all the time. A WRX would definately walk an Audi A6 2.7T. My uncle has an 03, and its a nice car, pretty quick, but thats about it. It is so heavy that it doesnt even come close to the times of the S4. In auto form its only good for 0-60 in about 6.6sec. However, from a high speed roll, I would give the A6 2.7T the upper hand because of the bigger motor and German engineering. Under 100MPH, the WRX in stock form will have no issues beating the A6.
    Oh yea, nice kill btw!
    -Marc

PS - My uncle claims his 2.7T is the greatest thing ever, and the one time i ran into him on the street i tried to get him to run me and he wouldnt. His excuse was that my mom would kick his a$$ if we got pulled over for racing each other.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.