Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs. 3000GT VR-4

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs. 3000GT VR-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A bunch of us generally meet up on Saturday night to BS at a parking lot. As I'm leaving the ...

Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs. 3000GT VR-4

A bunch of us generally meet up on Saturday night to BS at a parking lot. As I'm leaving the parking lot, around 1:30 AM, this guy drives up in his 3000GT VR-4 and asked if I wanted to race. I replied, "sure, let do it." We went out to this nearby highway and did two 60 mph pulls. I had over heard that he was boosting around 17lbs and had an AFC on the car. I don't know much about the 3000GT VR-4, but knew that they are heavier than the WRX and does have TT V6 and are AWD. BTW, I had another friend in the car, while he had two other people...to add to the weight of our two cars.

The first pull - we started out in 60 mph, I was in 3rd and gave the 3 honks. I make a point to never jump the gun and always wait unit the 3rd honk is done. I immediately pulled 1 car length on him and then another as I shifted into 4th, and continued to pull on him. I shut it down at around 110mph, and slowed down for him. He came up and said that he missed 3rd gear. So I guess he started out in 2nd at 60mph? Those are some long gears on those 3000GTs. He asked if I wanted to go again, and I say yes. I always want to do at least 2 races to get the true fell of how our cars compare to each other.

The secon pull - again at 60 mph, and I immediately pulled on him. He was at my rear bumper as I shifted into 4th, then his front came to my front door. I then pulled a little more in 4th and he was back to my rear door. We stayed like that until the end, which was around 120 mph.

I always wanted to see how I would hold up against the 3000GT VR-4. I heard they were pretty fast on the highway. I'm sure he would of pulled a little better w/o his friends. But my passenger was stacking in around 200+lbs...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice. Its a shame the sexy 3000gt is now a 10 year old car w/no new follow up. I'm always happy to see the newer WRX spanking the 3000gt/Stealth/Supra/300zx's of the world, that used to own the early 90's.
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 385 whp

Yes they do have extremely long gears. My friend has a 93 vr4 and his 2nd gear wraps out at like 77mph! The first time I drove I was amazed. He drives in 4th on the highway because its so damn long.
    '02 PSM Wrx

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted4
    Yes they do have extremely long gears. My friend has a 93 vr4 and his 2nd gear wraps out at like 77mph! The first time I drove I was amazed. He drives in 4th on the highway because its so damn long.
    Holy long gears batman! top of 2nd is around 77mph?!!!

I was happy with the race result. Now it's time to save for the larger turbo fund.

damn dude, those things haul ass when opened up...

i know a kid in jersey with a 91, basic BPU mods and some weight reduction and hes almost in 12's...awesome sound to em when they take off!

nice race man!
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P