WRX vs. $70k luxury cars, lol...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. k luxury cars, lol... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today I was destined to race overpriced Euro luxury cars. On the way to the shore this morning to tutor ...

I Support ClubWRX

WRX vs. $70k luxury cars, lol...

Today I was destined to race overpriced Euro luxury cars.

On the way to the shore this morning to tutor my SAT students, I rolled up to a light with a brand new BMW 7 series (I want to say 745) in the righthand lane. I had the volume cranked to the max on Dire Straights' "I Want My MTV" which had just started playing on the radio, and was still in the guitar solo . I noticed the BMW was tinted out front and back, and wasn't surprised when he chirped/spun and took off extemely hard. I only semi-launched, and was at least a carlength behind off the line. By the time I was shifting into 2nd, I had caught his bumper, and through 2nd I put at least a car on him, and shifted into 3rd just for good measure, and continued to pull his luxury ass. That should teach him a lesson to ever provoke a turbo Subaru again, lol.

Then coming back from tutoring tonight, I rolled up next to a new Jag. I noticed the driver glanced over at me, then back toward the road. I took note of his nice rims, and then the light changed. I took off with intentions of testing the jag, but without launching. Sure enough, the jag was right next to me, keeping right up. When I saw he took the bait, I floored it, and threw it into 2nd, and proceeded to walk his ass up to 70 mph. He did a ricer flyby, and blew the through the street light up ahead, a good second after it turned red.

lol...I get a sick pleasure from beating up on overpriced Euro luxury cars with my japanese econo-car, even if its not fair. These guys seem to think their car owns the road just because it carries a 70k price tag...
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well, a car like does own the road. even though you are faster, they have more style, more comfort, more refinement, etc.....

but either way, it sounds like your rex is pretty badass with that 18g set up... Keep up the good work. putting cocky people in their place is always fun
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, those cars are definitely in a different catagory. I would trade my WRX for that BMW in a heartbeat (only to sell it and buy an EVO/STi and invest the proceeds, lol).

Nevertheless, its funny how the girls who ride in my car seem to love the smell of my leather seats, and thrill at the raw power pulling M3's and Vettes. I don't know, maybe the BMW drivers' women are a different breed, and I don't know what I'm missing? For now, I'm enjoying the WRX's lower profile, and sleeper/surpriser attributes.
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

what type of jaguar was it that you raced?? if it was the s type r then im extremely impressed.....

I Support ClubWRX
    No idea what kind of Jag it was. I don't pay attention to cars like that, until they provoke me to open a can of whoopass...
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

if it was the new 745li they can't chirp the wheels or break traction

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOW4EAT
    if it was the new 745li they can't chirp the wheels or break traction
    I had the sensation that he broke loose for an instant. But then again, the sound system in my car is as extreme as every other performance mod, and I had it CRANKED up to "I Want My MTV," so I would never have heard an actual chirp, even if he did, lol...I'll bet that joker thought I was just another annoying, import w/exhaust and sound system. Little did he know that I'm a 400 hp annoying import w/exhaust and sound system.
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

With Jim, PlatinumWRX, as my witness we pulled a Black M5 on the Palisades Pkwy.
    I gave him the
    Jim gave him the
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Of course, those boats are not meant for 0-60 mph races. Get alongside one at 70+mph on the freeway and try to race one, you'll be seeing taillights, especially the Jag's. Make sure you know what you are messing with too, an AMG Mercedes, an M3 or M5 will make you look silly if the driver wants to race.

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    Of course, those boats are not meant for 0-60 mph races. Get alongside one at 70+mph on the freeway and try to race one, you'll be seeing taillights, especially the Jag's. Make sure you know what you are messing with too, an AMG Mercedes, an M3 or M5 will make you look silly if the driver wants to race.
    And here is the sad part. We were pulling on the M5 from 70+ onward. While there was a slight curving to the pkwy, for the most part we were slowly gaining on that black M5. When we were toying with him behind us, I thought it was a basic 5-series. We were shocked to keep up and even pull him up to the speeds we were going.

-chris

EDIT: We knew the M5 was on it because it was belching black smoke and squatting as it took off.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by fengshui
    And here is the sad part. We were pulling on the M5 from 70+ onward. While there was a slight curving to the pkwy, for the most part we were slowly gaining on that black M5. When we were toying with him behind us, I thought it was a basic 5-series. We were shocked to keep up and even pull him up to the speeds we were going.

-chris

EDIT: We knew the M5 was on it because it was belching black smoke and squatting as it took off.
    LOL really? The guy couldnt drive then. I have had an M5 give me hell in my Roush up to 120 mph or so and that thing has a TON of top end power. Or maybe you raced the 400 hp V8 because it certainly was NOT the 500 hp V10 that I raced.
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 09-21-2004 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    LOL really? The guy couldnt drive then. I have had an M5 give me hell in my Roush up to 120 mph or so and that thing has a TON of top end power.
    You can't be implying that a BMW M-powered car owner doesn't know how to drive his car do you? I thought it was requisite of all fancy-schmancy status symbols.

The thing braked pretty good when we came up to traffic. Guess my plastic POS AWD econobox musta just been caught in his slipstream

-chris

EDIT: It was the 400hp V8 M5 of the previous gen.

Quote Originally Posted by fengshui
    You can't be implying that a BMW M-powered car owner doesn't know how to drive his car do you? I thought it was requisite of all fancy-schmancy status symbols.
    Ha, ya. I see alot of BMWs and Mercedes out here but never race any because its all 60-70 year old men driving them. I was in LA when I raced that M5, I didnt even think those V10 M5's were out yet but this guy had one. He said it runs the quarter in the low 12's

I am becoming more and more of a fan of drive what you have fast before getting a faster car. Its what makes driving my GF's base model 5spd miata w/o ABS so much fun

-chris

EDIT: back to topic, even the Hyundai's are getting more and more luxurious and may soon start outselling the status symbols when people realize the comfort they provide to their cost. Oh wait this is the land of the H2, nevermind.

I Support ClubWRX
    lol, I have yet to be embarrased from a roll against a luxury car like these. Its takes a pretty serious Benz to spank a 300 whp car. Although such AMG monsters are becoming more common, I haven't had the pleasure of encountering (and getting beat ) by one yet.

In the same way, I've never lost to a C5, with at least a dozen races under my belt, mostly roll ons...but never have encountered a Z06, which I'm sure would show me some tailights.
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast