WRX vs. $70k luxury cars, lol... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. k luxury cars, lol... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by annointed lol, I have yet to be embarrased from a roll against a luxury car like these. ...

Quote Originally Posted by annointed
    lol, I have yet to be embarrased from a roll against a luxury car like these. Its takes a pretty serious Benz to spank a 300 whp car. Although such AMG monsters are becoming more common, I haven't had the pleasure of encountering (and getting beat ) by one yet.

In the same way, I've never lost to a C5, with at least a dozen races under my belt, mostly roll ons...but never have encountered a Z06, which I'm sure would show me some tailights.
    Ah, ya dude, you are definitley racing old people who cant drive. There are plenty of AMG Mercedes more than capable of shredding a 300 whp 4 cylinder at higher speeds. C5s are strong, the C6 is much better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by annointed
    lol, I have yet to be embarrased from a roll against a luxury car like these. Its takes a pretty serious Benz to spank a 300 whp car. Although such AMG monsters are becoming more common, I haven't had the pleasure of encountering (and getting beat ) by one yet.

In the same way, I've never lost to a C5, with at least a dozen races under my belt, mostly roll ons...but never have encountered a Z06, which I'm sure would show me some tailights.
    you have not met a formidable AMG or Bimmer then. M3 will hold its own if you go from 70+mph as well as a C32 AMG. E55, SL55, CL55, M5 etc...... will all OWN YOU HARD!!!! from that kind of rolling race. and quite a few of those are mid 12sec cars, so they will put up one hell of a fight from a dig too.

Quote Originally Posted by fengshui
    And here is the sad part. We were pulling on the M5 from 70+ onward. While there was a slight curving to the pkwy, for the most part we were slowly gaining on that black M5. When we were toying with him behind us, I thought it was a basic 5-series. We were shocked to keep up and even pull him up to the speeds we were going.

-chris

EDIT: We knew the M5 was on it because it was belching black smoke and squatting as it took off.
    so your stageII rex pulled on an M5 from a roll at 70+
    13secwrx said he had trouble pulling past these cars on his 300+whp set up, and stoplightwarrior couldnt pull on them with his 300+whp LS1!!!!!
    I am not saying you are lying... just saying that something was wrong... No way in hell he was racing
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

For the type of road we were driving on that is exactly what I was saying. I was right on the M5's tail and started catching up slowly. I saw the car squat and the pipes smoke and I knew he was on it (maybe not 100% throttle, who knows). The point of the matter isn't whether a Stg 2 WRX is faster than an M5 its that this particular Stg 2 WRX pulled that particular black M5. Now 2 clubwrx mods were in the car, why would we lie? The guy probably couldn't drive 100% or was a usual Euro snob prick who can't drive his precious car (Most likely).

-chris

EDIT: It was a really windy day and AWD cars are more stable at higher speeds so that might be a factor.
    Last edited by fengshui; 09-21-2004 at 04:39 PM.
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by fengshui
    For the type of road we were driving on that is exactly what I was saying. I was right on the M5's tail and started catching up slowly. I saw the car squat and the pipes smoke and I knew he was on it (maybe not 100% throttle, who knows). The point of the matter isn't whether a Stg 2 WRX is faster than an M5 its that this particular Stg 2 WRX pulled that particular black M5. Now 2 clubwrx mods were in the car, why would we lie? The guy probably couldn't drive 100% or was a usual Euro snob prick who can't drive his precious car (Most likely).

-chris

EDIT: It was a really windy day and AWD cars are more stable at higher speeds so that might be a factor.
    I doubt the wind had anything to do with it... and considering the stance and weight of an M5, I am pretty sure he would be more stable than you at high speeds with high winds...

and for the record... Like I said, I am in no way calling you a liar... just making sure you dont think you car is faster than an M5.... many people that have an instance such as yours will then tell everyone their car is faster than an M5....but you are a respected member here, and a good guy from what I can tell.... So like i said, I am not calling you a lair, just pointing out that in normal circumstances he would own you hard!

to your win though
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Nuvolari beat the evil Auto Union against all odds. So the little Subaru did the same. Most likely the guy couldn't drive his car. Like I said I was shocked that my car would actually gain on an M5.
    I raced two E46 BMW M3 convertibles in the same location on a two lane strait light near my house. It merges into one not too far up the road and I made the merge before either of them. Both raced hard and you could hear and see it. Only one driver had the balls to congrat me.
    BMW engineers are amazing and have squeezed lots of N/A hp out of their engines via Double VANOS intake/exhaust VVT, and they rock in the high end, but they weigh a needless ammount of weight, and now they are ugly.

-chris
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Good job on the kill. Although if you are trapping 97 in the quarter, I think the M5 was just pacing you and not trying its hardest. They trap about 10+mph higher in the 1/4 and at 70 the trap speeds are more important than the weight of the cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    you have not met a formidable AMG or Bimmer then. M3 will hold its own if you go from 70+mph as well as a C32 AMG. E55, SL55, CL55, M5 etc...... will all OWN YOU HARD!!!! from that kind of rolling race. and quite a few of those are mid 12sec cars, so they will put up one hell of a fight from a dig too.
    Up til now, I've raced an M3, M5, and my uncle's C32 AMG, and pulled each one. I don't think an M3 has much of a prayer when I'm making his crank hp level to my wheels.

The M5 that I raced was not in my '02 WRX, it was in my '94 swap, which had a significantly more wicked 100-140 top end pull than the '02. The '94 would peg the speedo at 140 like nothing, while the '02 WRX seems to lose some of its relentlessness after 125-130, compared to the '94.

Unfortunately, the other AMG's I've encountered were not interested in playing. I would love to see a luxury car pull me, as sick as that may sound. Wish more of those owners were more interested in playing, lol.
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

^ BS they cant break the tires loose, Hit the Tract. control, that 6spd auto bimmer will run a 13.5 at over 100
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Something I find funny is that the guy with the Jag, has nothing more than another overpriced Ford

Quote Originally Posted by pdt166
    Something I find funny is that the guy with the Jag, has nothing more than another overpriced Ford
    Sadly enough, Jaguars couldn't have been more reliable since Ford purchased the company

-chris

Decided not to start my own thread but I had a similar experience...I was sitting at a light the other day and I heard a blasting system which is usually my first indication of a cocky teenager...sure enough brand new C-Class pulls up to me and the kid is now sitting at the light tonguing down his g/f. I look over and sort of feel embarassed for looking but the guy is asking for all this attention playing music that loud, and I guess the girl was too because she had her eyes wide open looking around...which I thought was a little strange...but anyway he blows the light spinning everywhere and I see its a CL55...uh oh. So I'm toying with him from a roll to see if he is still game and he is...except I got a little jump on him and he couldn't catch me...next light he decides to do a burnout and I just took off and never looked back...oh well, would have liked to get a decent run off because this is what I live for cars costing half the price of others and out performing them
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12