Wrx vs. 02 Maxima
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wrx vs. 02 Maxima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First of all, hello... I am new to posting, but have been reading this board for awhile! Anyway driving home ...

Wrx vs. 02 Maxima

First of all, hello... I am new to posting, but have been reading this board for awhile! Anyway driving home yesterday from my girls home, I pulled up to a 02 Maxima (255hp) the driver was young, so I reved a little and the Maxima responded. I am still new to the WRX (1500 miles) but managed to launch pretty well, giving the Maxima 1 and 1/2 cars... I was able to keep ahead until about 70 mph, after that he started to pull (pretty hard) we shut down at about 100 but he had about 2 cars on me... We ended up stuck again at another light, I found out his car was a 6speed and he was impressed with the WRX's 0-60mph. It's ok, I still love my WRX
    Last edited by radical78; 08-16-2002 at 12:37 PM.
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    ------------------------------------------
    01 s2000
    -Intake, Exhaust, 50 wet shoot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You got beat by a 155hp Maxima? Me thinks you actually got beat by the 255hp one.

Nice death but not surprising, I think they are in the mid 14s stock and most likely trapping a fair bit higher than a stock WRX.

Nissan has really been impressing me as of late with the power of the Maxima, the handling of the SpecV, and the sheer sexyness of the 350Z!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

RSXSucks, you wouldn't happen to frequent my350z.com every once in a while, would you? They have a lot of great info about the new Z. I really like the new maximas, and have debated whether or not that would be a better choice for my needs. More room, v-6, leather, 6 spd. But my subees 4wd keeps me from making in unrational decisions.
    Last edited by znith; 08-16-2002 at 12:28 PM.

Sorry 255hp....
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    01 s2000

Nicely done. With a boost controller installed, he never would've caught up.

-Jim

Before the boost controller, I'm going for a uppipe and a turbo back...
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    01 s2000

Originally posted by radical78
    Before the boost controller, I'm going for a uppipe and a turbo back...
    Follow in my steps apprentice.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

BamBooI: Are you getting a CEL?
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    01 s2000

BamBooI: Are you getting a CEL?
    Pony express MIL eliminator-20 dolla. Order of my mods:BOV,resonator removed, Stealthback, HPMBC(1 day prior to uppipe install), uppipe next day. After I did the uppipe about 2 days later I recieved the cel ineff. Then I installed the mil eliminator.
    Last edited by BamBooI; 08-21-2002 at 09:55 AM.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

Doesn't the Pony express "disable the O2 sensor readings to the ECU" therefore making your car run rich (less mpg )
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    01 s2000

Doesn't the Pony express "disable the O2 sensor readings to the ECU" therefore making your car run rich (less mpg )
    It has been a debate over i-club. Got any threads to show me exactly? I have gotten 200+ miles from full(gas pump clicks and the needle is pass the Full mark just a little bit) to the halfwaymark. It depends on how you drive.
    Last edited by BamBooI; 08-21-2002 at 12:05 PM.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

200 miles???
    Driving 50% city 50% highway I get 300 miles until the fuel light comes on...
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    01 s2000

200 miles???
    Driving 50% city 50% highway I get 300 miles until the fuel light comes on...
    Maybe it was near it? I remember seeing it somewhere near 200 for sure. Note this is not flooring it and shifting at like early. I don't even have to go wot where I live to get into the highway soo that maybe a factor. I don't live in a big city like ATL. I was in ATL and we were moving >10mph on the INTERSTATE. 5oclock rush hour didn't help on that one.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

I think uppipe/exhaust should be done before or at the same time as a boost controller. Lower the EGTs, and then raise them right back up with more boost

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.