I got Smoked - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I got Smoked within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The 998r comes with the solo tail???...

The 998r comes with the solo tail???
    SOLD - 02 WRX
    ------------------------------------------
    01 s2000
    -Intake, Exhaust, 50 wet shoot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Drod
    radical78

My 998r sits one person and that how I like it. Leave the wife at home when I go on 160mph rages.
    MONO-POSTO, HO

how many 998R are there ? I remember there are only 500 of the 996R.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Check out this forum http://www.fast-eddys.com/openbb/index.php for turbo mustangs

I see there are quite a few in the 10's and some in the 9's.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Your problem is you bought a pretty bike with somewhat good HP, when you could've spent less money and gotten a Suzuki GSXR1000 and OWN3D EVERY--street legal--CAR ON EARTH. My dad is on his second 1000 and that thing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOODDDDAMMMM FAST. He had a Busa in the stable too, but we all know that turned tree-splitter and that my dad is lucky to be alive.

That Mustang must have had well over 600HP to run a Duc, tho.

-Jim

I'm thinkin' more like 900whp. 600whp on a 3600lbs car isn't going to be that fast.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

3rd gear roll new bike you know.
    There you go. I will shift into second all the way up to 85-90 MPH and that will put me at about 10grand RPMs. The only car that will touch you in that range is going to be putting out 750HP min. You just have to not care about stomping the gears a little.

Plus, even if they do get the jump, you can atleast bounce the front wheel up at 70 and look cool, cause that's what it's all about in the end, right? LOL

I'm thinkin' more like 900whp. 600whp on a 3600lbs car isn't going to be that fast.
    600 rwhp is enough to put a 3600 lb Mustang in the 10's. Mid 10's @ 130-ish mph.

900 rwhp would out a 3600 lb Mustang in the high 8's, maybe near an 8.80 @ 160 mph if it's a dedicated drag car. Low 9's would be easy.

Originally posted by aardvark
    600 rwhp is enough to put a 3600 lb Mustang in the 10's. Mid 10's @ 130-ish mph.

900 rwhp would out a 3600 lb Mustang in the high 8's, maybe near an 8.80 @ 160 mph if it's a dedicated drag car. Low 9's would be easy.
    Thank you. I guess I should've added "with proper gearin."

-Jim

Re: I got Smoked

Then the Cobra pulls next to me again and the kid start to count down using his fingers. 3,2,1 and we are off from a 70 MPH roll. I have to admit I jumped the Cobra by half a car and then he flew by me and proceeded to put 5 cars on me to 160mph. We both took the next exit and stop at the gas station to talk. The guy was in a hurry to get back home so I got a brief description of his modifications. Twin Turbo with a IC system and aftermarket heads cams, and much more.
    OK, this guy cheated. Plain and simple. He gave you a count, which means he was IN HIS POWERBAND, in the right gear, with the NOS ready, and the turbos spooled. It's HIGHLY unlikely that you had your bike in the meat of the power band when he got to "one"!! Am I right? If you had the bike at 8,000rpm when he got to "one," you would've stomped him AGAIN!!!!

-Jim

str
    A car has to be incredibly fast to hang with you bike like that. He must easily be running 10's or 9's in the 1/4.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by boosted 4
    On a roll it is. Weight makes much less of a difference once you're moving and at higher speeds.

650hp (JWT Sport 650s, bout 550whp or so iirc) in a 300ZX TT (3800-4000lbs) will beat many cycles on the highway. Not sure about the 1000cc ones though.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Re: Re: I got Smoked

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

OK, this guy cheated. Plain and simple. He gave you a count, which means he was IN HIS POWERBAND, in the right gear, with the NOS ready, and the turbos spooled. It's HIGHLY unlikely that you had your bike in the meat of the power band when he got to "one"!! Am I right? If you had the bike at 8,000rpm when he got to "one," you would've stomped him AGAIN!!!!

-Jim
    No not cheated...just smarter. Being able to pick and choose your battles is half the fun! No sense trying to race if you got your AC on an you're in 5th at 55mph. Being challenged is not underestimating your opponent. If someone gives me a count you can be darn sure I'm going to give 110%.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Originally posted by aardvark

In the orignal message in this post he mentioned that it was probably a 9 sec car. And, after seeing many sport bikes in the 8's and 9's last weekend, that car he raced must've at least been pushing 800whp. Like you said, with 900whp 9's would be easy, but not 600whp.
    2002 WRBP WRX

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Twin turbo Cobra.. damn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.