Stock WRX Vs. Viper
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock WRX Vs. Viper within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Friday night going back from my GF's house I run into this mid to late 90s Viper. I have seen ...

J-H

Stock WRX Vs. Viper

Friday night going back from my GF's house I run into this mid to late 90s Viper.

I have seen this car before and I did not miss my chance on running him this time.

We are just cruising and playing a bit (getting out of traffic and heading to the highway). I instigated a run but the guy did not want to so I go my merry way. Once I am taking this very sharp turn (outside lane), I notice him coming up on me...very fast . Sweet, I know he is rear wheel drive and with all that power, he is gonna have to slow down a bit...wrong I gunned it right after I saw him coming but to no avail. This thing slingshotted past me like I was standing still. Boy did I underestimate the handling of these cars!!!! Well, once we got on the highway we ran again...maybe up to 100 and he put several cars on me. The thing sounded very raspy...the exhaust note sounded OK, but not like one form a big engine (you know when you are in trouble when you hear that very deep rumble from bigger engines).

Oh well, I guess I am now ready for more power....Cobb STage 2 BABY hahahahahahahahahaha....

I know....

Nice run though...nice guy...

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Probaly take more then a STG 2 to tengo with one of those on top end....Launch him from a stop through...and only run till second gear....and make sure it's snowing or raining.

Haha no really I think those cars are over rated for what they are.....but still nice.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Its going to take more than stage 2, to run with a Viper on the highway.
    " I'm not drunk just tried from drinking all these beers"

In my Stage 4 WRX ( 8.18 @ 84 mph) I beat a bunch of Vipers at our local 1/8 mile. So basically I smoked them up to 84mph or so. I did the same thing to every Z06 I ever raced there. I was know as AKA Z06 Killer.

Also, some of the older model Vipers aren't nearly as fast as the newer models.

Humm

The only Viper I've ever run into was at a stoplight when it just finished raining. It was a husband and wife ... I looked over and gave them to 2 finger wave/point and he shook his head. I was really disappointed as I wanted to see how much I could keep up until 60mph.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    The thing sounded very raspy...the exhaust note sounded OK, but not like one form a big engine (you know when you are in trouble when you hear that very deep rumble from bigger engines).
    the reason for this is in the exhaust. the older vipers exhaust never connected (x-pipe) and exited out of each side. so if your sitting beside the older viper, it sounds like a 5 cylinder. It was a true dual exhaust. but all vipers are raspy in general.

i saw a new viper yesterday, wanted to race just to see how bad i would lose, but he was going the other way
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

J-H
    Yeah, I was joking about the stage 2 setup...

Anyway, it was an older Viper. I had a run with a newer one and that guy was much, much faster...

I just played with him (he played with me) because I thought I could out corner him, or maybe take the lead form a launch or something...anyway, it was fun...I wish I had a big ol E55 or something...just cut their fun right THERE! hahahaha Maybe when I am 60

JH

It's so funny how you guys compare Viper vs. Stage 2 WRX

Even stage 4 WRX won't stand a chance against Viper from a rolling race.

I Support ClubWRX
    I only got to roll against one viper, and it was an early/mid 90's model RT-10. I was in my 2650 lb '94 swap. We rolled to 130 mph, and he pulled a carlength and a half on me (I was ~330 hp, running mid 12's). Those cars are sick. In the '94 L w/ over 100 races, I've only lost to 3 cars...the Viper, an '01 SS Camaro that ran an 11.97 at the track, and a roll-caged Mustang at Atco Raceway....
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    It's so funny how you guys compare Viper vs. Stage 2 WRX

Even stage 4 WRX won't stand a chance against Viper from a rolling race.
    I didn't really compare them

Trust me, he was fast and I don't think there are many WRX's that can keep up with one, but compared to other cars I have run (mostly the AMG beasts), the car was not as fast as I exptected it to be (at least this one). A 10 liter V8 just sounds big, very big...It was just for fun though...

JH

Its an 8 liter V10...
    Funny thread though. I found the AKA Z06 killer comment pretty funny... good stuff, since usually you wouldn't race up past 80mph anyway on the street...

J-H
    You are right! Either way it's big!!!

JH

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Variant
    Its an 8 liter V10...
    Funny thread though. I found the AKA Z06 killer comment pretty funny... good stuff, since usually you wouldn't race up past 80mph anyway on the street...
    Totally depends on the cars racing...80 mph is nothing in a highway race.

Of course, I personally always choose to shut down at 80 mph...cough, cough
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

Sweet, I know he is rear wheel drive and with all that power, he is gonna have to slow down a

JH
    IF the driver knows how to drive properly, then RWD is FAR better around turns then AWD. If the driver doesn't know how to drive, then get away from him before he smacks you with his a$$ as he swings it around.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Boy did I underestimate the handling of these cars!!!!
    Don't feel bad. The vast majority of people under estimate the handling of Vipers. They pull over 1.0g on the skid pad, which is more grip than a Porsche GT2. A lot of people think they handle terribly, but this is quite obviously not the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast