How to keep up with 550 rwhp 300zx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How to keep up with 550 rwhp 300zx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, i purchased a wrx about a year ago. I have been easy on the mods, the only mod i ...

How to keep up with 550 rwhp 300zx

Hi, i purchased a wrx about a year ago. I have been easy on the mods, the only mod i have is HKS hiper exhaust. My cousin has a Nissan 300ZX twin turbo that has over 550 rwhp that runs low 11's and traps in the mid to high 120's mph (HKS ballbearing turbos, tubular manifolds, fullexhaust, intercooler, etc., stock bottom end). What do i need to do, if anything, to keep up with him? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thenewone
    Hi, i purchased a wrx about a year ago. I have been easy on the mods, the only mod i have is HKS hiper exhaust. My cousin has a Nissan 300ZX twin turbo that has over 550 rwhp that runs low 11's and traps in the mid to high 120's mph (HKS ballbearing turbos, tubular manifolds, fullexhaust, intercooler, etc., stock bottom end). What do i need to do, if anything, to keep up with him? Thanks.

A prayer and and a different car?
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Buy a supra or talk to ESX...

nothing short of practically ripping your car to peices and rebuilding it will allow you to keep up with him..... I dont why you people think the wrx is fricken drag car. ITS NOT!! The best you can attain on a WRX without dropping LOTS of cash would an 18G with supporting mods and well tuned... That set up will cost you about $4k and you will still only be running low 12's.

but if we just assume that you have a lot of money and a lot of time and dont care about breaking your car, you could:
    Built STI 2.5 block
    STI gears
    GT series turbo good for upwards of 500+ hp
    and all the supporting mods stuff (EM, FMIC, exhaust, etc.)

so no, you wont beat him.... the 2 cars could not be any different. but you could always sell the rex, and buy a supra or 1st gen DSM and mod the living hell out of them
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

ha

Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou

too funny, that is exactly what I was thinking....lol
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Yeah by the time I get my wrx which should be in november, I am gonna try to get it to run low to mid 11's and it's gonna take a pretty good amount of money. Like someone else posted you are gonna need at least a stroker kit or the sti engine, the sti tranny or maybe the ra gear set if it can hold that kind of power, and a but load of power. I am gonna do all the "small" mods first like up pipe, turbo back exhaust, short ram, bc, ic hoses, utec, etc. Then after I do all that I should have decent enough power to run 13's and I will be saving up for a year or maybe more to buy the sti engine, sti tranny, perrin tmic, fuel system, and the sr55 turbo. I know some ppl don't like the sr55 but it sounds good to me, especially the flow capacity to produce 500hp at 14.5 psi which with the setup I will have it should do that.

But if you don't want to spend a lot of money then I would pray for a miracle like others said. You could shove a lot of power into a stock wrx but your internals and tranny will break like it was glass. Now it's time for the wiggle dance.

Silver Wagon Club

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    Yeah by the time I get my wrx which should be in november, I am gonna try to get it to run low to mid 11's and it's gonna take a pretty good amount of money. Like someone else posted you are gonna need at least a stroker kit or the sti engine, the sti tranny or maybe the ra gear set if it can hold that kind of power, and a but load of power. I am gonna do all the "small" mods first like up pipe, turbo back exhaust, short ram, bc, ic hoses, utec, etc. Then after I do all that I should have decent enough power to run 13's and I will be saving up for a year or maybe more to buy the sti engine, sti tranny, perrin tmic, fuel system, and the sr55 turbo. I know some ppl don't like the sr55 but it sounds good to me, especially the flow capacity to produce 500hp at 14.5 psi which with the setup I will have it should do that.

But if you don't want to spend a lot of money then I would pray for a miracle like others said. You could shove a lot of power into a stock wrx but your internals and tranny will break like it was glass. Now it's time for the wiggle dance.
    thats awesome and all that you want to do all that, but couldnt your money be better spend elsewhere? or on a better race car? With all that, you are constantly going to be tuning the car, maintaining it, fixing it, breaking it. why not just buy an STI, and do some basic bolt on stuff to that?

or buy a supra and have a much better car, that will be faster, and do more of what you want? do plan to have the car as a daily driver with this setup?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

What do i need to do, if anything, to keep up with him? Thanks.
    invest 4000 dollars and spend it on a 2000 r6. That'll get you into the low 11's. 7 grand and an R1 will get you 10's. 8 or 9 grand will get you a 2001 Busa which with nos will get you low 9's.

Now go kill a 550 hp Z

I want the sti but couldnt afford the payments unless I saved up for a long while to get the payments lower plus the insurance would rape me ass well. I don't want to get another car cause I like subarus and don't want to get another car really. I did consider getting another car years ago but this is the car I wanna build right now. I am gonna be getting like a brand new 05 wrx for 22k most likely so thats like 10 grand less than the sti and I can just get the extra parts later to basically make it an sti. The only way I will get the sti right now is if the dealer sells it to me for 29k or less cause I know with an upgraded turbo and some other minor stuff the sti can run 11's but I just wish I had the money to buy it cause it will be a lot easier for me in the long run instead of having to build up the wrx.

Oh and no I wont have it as an everyday driver. even when I first buy the wrx it's not gonna be driven all the time. I am gonna be keeping my shiat box mirage and use that to go to work and what not and the wrx is gonna be for my night and weekend car for like going down to qualcomm for the 1/8 mile races and stuff.

What do you think will constantly break on the car if I run that kind of power? I heard of stock sti internals holding 600whp and having no problems as well as the sti tranny being able to hold that power. Maybe I wont go that far with the power if I know what kinds of things break all the time cause if I have to keep fixing stuff constantly I might not do it. but than again I have been planning this for years so I think I will still do it.

what [part of sandiego are you from? pm me and we can talk somemore about this stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.