no respect for the newbie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on no respect for the newbie within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok, here is my first race story. i am only 17 and i got my wrx only 2 weeks prior ...

no respect for the newbie

ok, here is my first race story. i am only 17 and i got my wrx only 2 weeks prior to "the race." (my dad and i share the car, not its not only mine). i had never driven stick before the rex. and im not too good at all. i cant launch and only know how to floor it to redline.
    ok, so im with a friend just enjoying the car. we come to a four way stop. i can see this white slammed civic right in front of me. i think that he is out of my league so i turn right and forget about him. speeding the story along, he provokes me so we go. i was in 3rd and dropped into 2nd and floor it. at this time, the rex only had about 330 miles on it, so i am forced to shift at 4000. so im florring it, but this civic just keeeps pulling on me like crazy. i say i had enough and go home pissed. but he u-turns and makes the effort to give me the "thumbs down" out the window. understandably, i am furious.
    so later on i am talking to a friend of mine that asks me, "did u race a white civic and lose to it today?" i said yes, but gave him my reason. Turns out he know the kid with the civic and under his ricy little hood lies a jap spec gsr engine oh well
    Ill learn to drive now that the break in is over. thanks for listing to my novel. i still cant get that thumbs down out of my memory though

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

o\/\/ ned, D()()D! YUo suCk, BoW dOWn!
    Death to all you wiggy-wiggy white boys

Don't worry... as you get older you'll realize that the opinion of a cocky self-absorbed person is not worth worrying about. You will be too absorbed in real life to let it get to you... at least that's what I've found

That or just buy some mods, beat him and give HIM the thumbs down Don't forget the REX starts making good power above 4k, so give it a shot after break-in if you want. If you lose, it's ok... it's a car, it's for fun. Shrug it off and be a better person.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

thanks for the kind words gryphon, wigga killa, cant say the same for ur punk a$$

Don't race/attempt to race the WRX during the break-in period no matter how tempting it may be. 4000 rpms is only the beginning of the powerband. Thanks to you, now there's a Civic rolling around thinking the WRX is his b1tch. Now I'm going to have to drive down there and show that Civic where he ranks on the food chain.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Wigga Killa
    o\/\/ ned, D()()D! YUo suCk, BoW dOWn!
    Let's not let this place turn into i-club.

Methinks Wigga Killa got reverse-owned!

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Racing before the car is broken in.....probably not the smartest thing to do. My friends chevy malibu could probably take you if your shifting that low. At least your turbo got to take a nap during that race.
    -Rob
    02 WRX

'Breaking in' cars doesn't do ****. You don't have to change your driving habits when you get a new car. The only thing that takes some time to adjust is the ecu, which doesn't even need that much time.

nothing against the wrx, i think its a great car, thats why i'm getting one but theres no way a stock wrx can beat a civic, especially a hatchback with a j-spec GSR motor in it. They run mid to high 13's

Originally posted by silverwrx123
    They run mid to high 13's
    Umm.. no, no they don't. Or at least, not without alot more than basics. A 92-95 Civic CX hatch (lightest of the bunch @ about 2090lbs) with a JDM B18C and the usual suspects (I/H/E) will net you around a 14.1-14.3 with good driving, the "average" driver will be seeing mid/lower 14's. I'm not saying you can't hit 13's (I know of a few guys in the 13's with the same setup), but it's not the most likley, even under those circumstances.

On the other hand, it *should* be trapping 96-98mph relativley easy, which should pull a stock WRX from a roll.
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

I dont think so. Mid 13 second Civic HB's with GSR swap and T3/T4 hybrid maybe. All motor(B18c1) CIVIC HB with I/H/E only pull high 14's and low 15's. Get your story straight son....

You gotta do alot more than just a motor swap to even get into the low 14's. Alot of WRX fans came from Civics and Acuras. Dont talk smack until you know what your talking about!

Originally posted by gryphon
    Methinks Wigga Killa got reverse-owned!

Thanks for the regulation gryphon
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by GREDDY
    I dont think so. Mid 13 second Civic HB's with GSR swap and T3/T4 hybrid maybe. All motor(B18c1) CIVIC HB with I/H/E only pull high 14's and low 15's. Get your story straight son....

You gotta do alot more than just a motor swap to even get into the low 14's. Alot of WRX fans came from Civics and Acuras. Dont talk smack until you know what your talking about!
    This may not be the same car (in the same family though), but the last time at the track I raced an ITR, supposedly all-motor with different pistons, head work and some other stuff that I don't remember.

This is how it went (he was running drag slicks and stripped back and passenger seats and maybe some other interior parts too, I had full interior, stock weight - nothing removed):

Me/WRX : 12.8 @104
    Him/ITR: 13.5 @101

So I think thay can be made to go pretty quick, if indeed it really is all-motor. I don't have any reason for it not to be true. I thought he was spraying at first but they said it wasn't.
    Last edited by boosted 4; 08-17-2002 at 10:18 AM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Also worth mentioning, why are you out trying to race folks in an unbroken-in car? If you read through the manual it states a break-in period of I believe 1000 miles.

Plus, why even bother if you have to shift at 4k rpm?? He could've beat you in a Toyota Echo LOL
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast