no respect for the newbie - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on no respect for the newbie within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by JimmyNY 'Breaking in' cars doesn't do ****. You don't have to change your driving habits when you ...

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    'Breaking in' cars doesn't do ****. You don't have to change your driving habits when you get a new car. The only thing that takes some time to adjust is the ecu, which doesn't even need that much time.
    I agree - break-in, even on a freshly unwrapped engine, takes 20 miles or less...and you hammer the piss out of it.

I've broken in at least 6 new cars (NissanBMW 3 series and M's, Audi S4, now the Scooby). I hammer the mo-fo right off the lot. Drive the car how you intend to from the start. I've never had a problem. I put at least 50k miles on each car I own.

Of course, warm up your engine and fluids first. I always use full synthetic (Redline).

I've now got 18k miles on my WRX, it's broken in nicely, pulls harder and smoother from 5k on up to 7000. Quite a different car up top than with 0-10k miles on it. I was running 15psi at 800 miles.

A 1000 mile "break-in" is more for the driver to get use to his/her machine than anything else.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if the civic i ran with just had a muffler (like most of them) u dont think i could still beat him? shifting at 4000rmp still gives me a smidgit of turbo to his none. how was i supposed to know he had a jap spec gsr under the hood? thats not something u see everyday, especially where i live

post above goes to boosted. not being a smart ass though, correct me if the last post is inaccurate

Unless he has heavy mods on he b18 your Rex SHOULD rape this guy. My friend has a GSR with EVERY bolt on other than f/i, and he removed the AC/Power Steering, and when we raced i beat him up to 80-90ish before we had to slow down. Also, think about it this way, you stayed under 4k racing him, when i race the car doesnt see below 4k the entire time. You were completely avoiding you most powerful section of the powerband.
    '02 WRX as of 8/2
    WR Blue Exterior
    -STi Short Shifter
    -Injen CAI in Blue
    -TXS H-RFL BOV

Originally posted by SoCalWRXr
    Unless he has heavy mods on he b18 your Rex SHOULD rape this guy. My friend has a GSR with EVERY bolt on other than f/i, and he removed the AC/Power Steering, and when we raced i beat him up to 80-90ish before we had to slow down. Also, think about it this way, you stayed under 4k racing him, when i race the car doesnt see below 4k the entire time. You were completely avoiding you most powerful section of the powerband.
    Did you read what I posted above?? An all-motor Integra Type R ran a 13.5 against me last weekend at the track. They can do it (sounds like the Waterboy LOL).

Of course, the stock Rex tends to fall on it's face anything over 6500rpms. That's why I'd recommend anybody completely stock at least get an MBC (ball and spring type- not a bleeder).

Sure the stock TD04L turbo itself is too small to flow enough air to redline, but it's still better than the stock boost controller that bleeds it off up high. A stock WRX will go from low 14's to as low as mid 13's with just an MBC set to 16 psi.

No more racing to 4k
    Last edited by boosted 4; 08-17-2002 at 05:18 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4

Did you read what I posted above?? An all-motor Integra Type R ran a 13.5 against me last weekend at the track. They can do it (sounds like the Waterboy LOL).

What does that have to do with my post? Incase you didnt know, there is a 20hp diff between a GSR motor and a ITR motor. Also, that guy in the ITR must have had A LOT of internal work done, which is further than most rice boys go. Anyway, you will smoke the guy if you use your car to its potential, unless he is one of the true honda guys, which i doubt.
    '02 WRX as of 8/2
    WR Blue Exterior
    -STi Short Shifter
    -Injen CAI in Blue
    -TXS H-RFL BOV

Originally posted by SoCalWRXr

What does that have to do with my post?
    It has to do with
    Unless he has heavy mods on he b18 your Rex SHOULD rape this guy
    I was saying that the 13.5 was all-motor and not FI or spraying. So "your Rex should rape this guy" isn't really correct. You're right though, he had a built motor motor but it's still just a built motor, not FI.

No hard feelings though, I know what you meant.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Am i not understanding something here, my quote sends EXACTLY the same message as your story. I stated that if the B18 WASNT heavily modded, he would rape him. This also implies that if it WAS heavily modded there would be different results..... This thread has gone way beyond pointless
    '02 WRX as of 8/2
    WR Blue Exterior
    -STi Short Shifter
    -Injen CAI in Blue
    -TXS H-RFL BOV

Originally posted by wistling rexie
    thanks for the kind words gryphon, wigga killa, cant say the same for ur punk a$$
    you're quite new so you probably don't know how funny wigga killa is you should read some of his posts they are pretty funny
    but yeah I wouldn't worry about getting beat I mean geez you aren't pas tbreak in yet! just chill bide your time then you can spank some rice later . and as for the thumbs down he was probably just trying to shake the $hit off it because he had it up his Arse

Later

feedback to greddy

sup man.. did my research on ur topic about hybrid civics..

a hatchback with a b16a runs mid to high 14's, and a hatchback with a j-spec b18c runs high to mid 13's stock.. ask any performance shop.. k just to get the story striaght.. peace...

I dont care what some shops tell you. I have had 2 94 and up Integra's (one with t3/t4 turbo and the other with JR supercharger). Then I have had 3 or more Civic HB's with B16a and B18c1 motors and they will never break 13's without a big fat ass turbo system or n20. Dont listen to too much of the hype people tell you. The only way a Civic HB with B18c motor will hit 13's is if that motor has been built from the bottom up(blue printed) and all the boltons possible. You are looking at another $5-7k in doing this if you dont go turbo.

Been there, done that, seen it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.