Why would you want this car?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Why would you want this car? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The wrx is a great car,no offense to anyone i dont regret mine, but if you intend to tune /race ...

Why would you want this car?

The wrx is a great car,no offense to anyone i dont regret mine, but if you intend to tune /race the car why do it. the wrx is definetly not cheap, but u get a lot of car, and it seems even with a turbo upgrade (vf34) and all supporting mods. it can still get creamed by an average driver in other slightly modified cars like the srt4, stock evo, old mustang cobras Pre 1999, even some eclipses with mild boost turbos around 8 psi. I can see for a daily driver its great because of awd, accessport, and availability of parts make it easier to tune. and the transmission is weak. the sti is a completely different story though

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No matter what car you have, someone else will always have a faster car. If your happy with the car then it is the right car for you. And as for getting "creamed", sometimes a '94 Sentra can beat an EVO....http://sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0408scc_time04/
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

did it beat you in drag or track? if track i am suprised, that is the wrx strongpoint

sorry i meant evo

On the track, It was at the "Sport Compact Car/Super Street Time Attack Challenge" you can read all about it in the link above.
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by spudheadster
    The wrx is a great car,no offense to anyone i dont regret mine, but if you intend to tune /race the car why do it. the wrx is definetly not cheap, but u get a lot of car, and it seems even with a turbo upgrade (vf34) and all supporting mods. it can still get creamed by an average driver in other slightly modified cars like the srt4, stock evo, old mustang cobras Pre 1999, even some eclipses with mild boost turbos around 8 psi. I can see for a daily driver its great because of awd, accessport, and availability of parts make it easier to tune. and the transmission is weak. the sti is a completely different story though
    I didnt buy my wrx to be a drag car. Its VERY wellrounded and for the money, the car has a lot to offer.
    1)still quick. low 14's stock, mid 13's with minor bolton's and mid to high 12's with a cheap IHI turbo upgrade.

2)AWD is awesome for those that live in harsher climates (here in chicago, winter sucks the big one!) not mention pretty good handling.

3)Its a reliable, and quility built.

If I wanted something with pure speed I would have bought a fox body mustang, or cheap LS1 and put into 11's with slicks and bolt on's. but alas, I require more from a car... The first thing I look at is how "well rounded" the car is. and for $24k brand new, the wrx offers a hell of a lot.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Define what performance contest those cars will "cream" a vf34 car. A stock EVO will NOT beat a properly tuned wrx with a vf34 and all supporting mods. Neither will a "slightly modified" (stage 1) SRT-4. Vf34 cars run 275 to the wheels at least with TMIC, more with FMIC. Stock Evo's are 225, and srt's slighly more. But niether, even a stage 1 or 2 SRT 4 are at 275.

Evo may win around a road coarse due to its superior handling though. Those things are insane in the twisties.

sounds like u'r regreting ur's and have a lot of doubt about ur car's capability,my advice is to get your tune-up right and always ask your oppenent mods and doesnt hurt to work on
    your driving skills .

I'm happy with my wrx. I have a hard time finding a car around here that will touch me.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

i am jealous of your wrx...

Quote Originally Posted by spudheadster
    Good kill man.

because I can throw 2 wheelchairs in the trunk and i can't with any of the other cars you mentioned.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity_WRX
    i am jealous of your wrx...
    me too
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Now i want an srt 4 cause it is fast.... . Too bad i have to roll down the rear windows manually.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.