audi a8L 4.2 vs. me (my wagon :))
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on audi a8L 4.2 vs. me (my wagon :)) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So after loosing a couple surprise run i ran into a brand new audi a8 whith a guy that thought ...

audi a8L 4.2 vs. me (my wagon :))

So after loosing a couple surprise run i ran into a brand new audi a8 whith a guy that thought he was game. Well he soon found out that his 80 grand car can't keep up with a wagon LOL . He tried his luck twice from 2 lights each time getting his butt spanked badly. Off the line i had about a car on him becasue thats an auto and everyone knows autos suck even though he had AWD just like me. Then from each gear i just proceeded to walk him. At one point i broke hard because of the up comming light, but he wanted to just keep going (propably pissed that he was beaten so badly) so he flew past me then realized that it was red and slammed his brakes hard, ending up in the middle of the intersection. I bet he felt like a dork . Anyways before anyone starts flaming about how dangerous this is, i never do anything like that in daylight traffic. This is all at night and the streets are mostly empty, nuff said. Anyways that car is nice I mean any car that expensive is, but I love putting people dawn who think that spending all that cash will give em blazing fast speed-----Losers
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what do you ahve done to your car? My dad has the audi A6 with the 4.2 V8 and it stomps the life out of my car(basically stock wrx) . The A8 is a heck of a lot bigger thand the A6 though.
    JOSH

i donno what he had in the trunk of that A8 but if you are a stock wrx, it should be a close race. i've driven the a6 4.2 and the a8 4.2, they both pull real hard. especially the new a8, they are even faster than the old ones.
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

sorry I am not stock i am cobb stage 1 with the boost fix, my car is sick, i timed myself 0-60 5.4 sec, but of course there is room for improvement As far as the audi goes yeah for a car this fat it did pull hard i don't think i would have been able to do this to him if i was stock.
    Edit: I checked out what the specs on it were and its got 330 hp but weighs in at a whopping pound shy of 4400 i did the math and i got about 12 and he 13.3 lbs/hp ratio.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 09-17-2004 at 08:55 AM.

Kartboy short shifter

haha nice and I love your signature too.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

what exact psi are you running on your cobb stg1?
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

right after i reflashed it i was getting about 12.5 and on occasion would hit 13.4 most of the time between 11-12.5 after i adjusted the wastegate arm i am constantly hitting 13.5 and on occasion 14.8 which is what stage 1 is supposed to be. Now after the reflash i noticed that the car started pulling hard till the red line unlike when stock it ran out of steam at about 6300, the difference was definately there, however not unitl i adjusted that arm did i feel a nice increase. Right now my fist gear is about 2 sec thats 0-about 40mph then second feels slower and then 3 feels faster again. The car is much stronger in all gears, sometimes i just leave it in 3 with the rpms at 1800 and don't have to shift to second to get going. Just the other day i chirped all 4 tires really hard just by a mistake when i dropped the cluch too much from like 3500rpms, it would never do that when it was stock even with balding tires (i got a brand new set). Like i mentioned my 0-60 was 5.4 thats with me holding my digital camera in one hand and the steering wheel while shifting with the other, i think i could get close to 5 sec if i didn't have to hold that thing while trying to steer and shift.

Kartboy short shifter

i just obtained cobb stg1 myself and i turned up arm last week but only averaging 13.2 (it was 12.4 when i first reflashed). i m gonna give it another half turn or maybe one full turn tomorrow and see if it'll stay at anywhere b/w 14.5 to tops 15. thanks for your info.

i mean, it definitely pulled a little harder but i was expecting more from the "projected" numbers from the cobb site. i hope the extra psi should give me the tiny bit of spice i m hoping for. i havent ran any specific times yet but i MIGHT dyno the car in a couple weeks. KTR performance in ayer, MA is holding a special. $65 for 3 runs. not a bad deal.

thanks again.
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

sure, np, i gave mine 3 turns so far and i am itching to give it another turn to get 14 constantly but i am afraid i might to start running lean and screw up my engine. My biggest dilema is, mod my wrx which is now almost 3 years old or save my money and come next year get the STI. If i bought it new i would add a lot more stuff to it, but since its older i don't want to spend to much money on it. I don't think that cobb reflash does anything for the boost, but i think it might atleast keep you from running lean by adjusting the fuel ratios, when you up the boost on the arm. I have to get the guages before i do anything drastic, but that would mean spending more money on it, blah.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 09-18-2004 at 01:17 PM.

Kartboy short shifter

made one full turn today, after several runs...it looks like the psi is at a solid 14.5 stable. definitely quicker. though all this a$$ kicking of the car has been getting my real bad gas mileage. looking like a 19mpg tank again. we'll see how my power looks in a couple weeks after the dyno..
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

Yeah definatley do the dyno and share the results , i want to see what the numbers look like, i could do it but one i don't have the time and 2 i don't know whether there are any awd dynos around here

Kartboy short shifter

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.