not enough deaths, sooo...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on not enough deaths, sooo... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; too many of us are winning, or not enough are posting their deaths so i decided to post this wonderful ...

not enough deaths, sooo...

too many of us are winning, or not enough are posting their deaths so i decided to post this wonderful tragedy. this hapened about a month ago, but i have not had the time to get it up (helloooo!) here. all of my mods are suspension-oriented with a few others not worth mentioning, so i am basicaly driving a stock engine.

i was driving back from a wedding with my girlfriend in RI late one saturday night when i see an S2K in front of me that looks interesting. i catch up to it and it turns out to be the same nasty-a$$ black wide-body S2K from the boston HIN (if you were there you know which which one i am talking about). so i pull up behind it and notice he is cruising with about 4 or 5 other cars - an evo, and rsx-s, and a couple of civics. i spy an evo and pace him just for fun. he looks over and we start laughing and take off. i drop into 3rd and have my nose at his rear door until i have to shift to 4th...then he's gone. i knew i would get lit up but wanted to have some fun anyways. he slows down until i catch up and we're having some more laughs and waves and thumbs-up...you know the drill. so we go again and again he trounces me. again he slows down but i tap out. i pretty much threw up the french, i mean white, flag. he got the hint and went ahead of me.

but since i have a peni5 and want to beat someone in front of my gurl i slow down until the rsx-s catches up to me. looks pretty stock, HIDs and at least a back box as far as i could tell. i tell my gurl i can definitely beat this dood. so we're pacing and waving and then we do the 1-2-3 count and he takes off. i mean, he absolutely smoked me. i never even close. my jaw dropped clean off my face and fell onto the highway. "what the fukk was that?!" he slows down and we roll down the windows. i was stunned and he knew it. he was laughing his a$$ off at how surprised i was. i had to take my exit, so we exchanged honks. he waved and i threw up the sign of the beast and this has bothered me ever since. i was soooo sure i could take him. damn sleepers...

_\m/
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I guess you'll have that sometimes.

He might have been turboed, in which case...dont feel bad turboed RSX's are real quick . What are your mods by the way, just curious.
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

At least you were a good sport about it!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I Support ClubWRX
    Personaly I wouldnt run a "stock" looking car in a pack of high rollers...odds are he is just playing sitting duck. Oh well good run.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Personaly I wouldnt run a "stock" looking car in a pack of high rollers...odds are he is just playing sitting duck. Oh well good run.
    We have a winner! I wouldn't mess with the most downplayed car in a group like that unless it's OBVIOUS he's stock...like my cousin's '95 Accord 4-door stock...ragged out. I TRY to be that downplayed looking one but then again I drive an STi...hard to keep it tame looking.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyD
    What are your mods by the way, just curious.
    tires
    wheels
    springs
    struts
    rear sway bar
    rear end links

and about the "sitting duck", i never even thought of that. looking back it makes perfect sense now. this is probably why he was having such fun with me after i caught up to him. i took the bait...

_\m/
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBee
    too many of us are winning, or not enough are posting their deaths
    I posted my last race...got owned by a t3/t4 civic coupe from a 60 roll....well, I had him til about 110, but after that...hmmmm...

Nice death though... I have learned myself not to take it all so seriously... win or lose, it is a huge rush at the end that feels pretty damn good! And it is even better when both drivers can come together at the end to compare notes
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

well, as long as we are posting our deaths:

I see this pretty nice civic around once in a while. I have seen him about 4 times. Black hatch, dropped, very subtle but agressive body kit, nice wheels, average looking exhaust,tints, etc....
    this car looks really nice, I love how a nicely done civic hatch looks... well, I finally ran into him a couple weeks ago... we are both turning left and I am behind him. Once we have completed the turn I start to roll past him and nod my head in apreciation for his fine looking car... He smiles and returns the nod to my wrx. So he hits it and and I am playing catch-up for a second, but realize I have no chance. We hit another light, and I signal for a run. I got a pretty good launch and hold a 2 car lead until about 50 where he starts to pull even, and then he passes me like I am standing still.
    We went one more time from a roll, just a short sprint. He had about 4 cars on me from 45-90mph.

I never got a chance to see what he had since I turned into the gym i was going to. All I know is he has a huge FMIC. I am not sure what engine he is running, but I assume its a B18 of some kind.

my mods:turboback+up-ppipe
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    well, as long as we are posting our deaths:

I see this pretty nice civic around once in a while. I have seen him about 4 times. Black hatch, dropped, very subtle but agressive body kit, nice wheels, average looking exhaust,tints, etc....
    this car looks really nice, I love how a nicely done civic hatch looks... well, I finally ran into him a couple weeks ago... we are both turning left and I am behind him. Once we have completed the turn I start to roll past him and nod my head in apreciation for his fine looking car... He smiles and returns the nod to my wrx. So he hits it and and I am playing catch-up for a second, but realize I have no chance. We hit another light, and I signal for a run. I got a pretty good launch and hold a 2 car lead until about 50 where he starts to pull even, and then he passes me like I am standing still.
    We went one more time from a roll, just a short sprint. He had about 4 cars on me from 45-90mph.

I never got a chance to see what he had since I turned into the gym i was going to. All I know is he has a huge FMIC. I am not sure what engine he is running, but I assume its a B18 of some kind.

my mods:turboback+up-ppipe
    HAhahha! It seems like we have a recurring theme here... What is it with those pesky turbo civics??? I was able to hold this one off for a while, but my setup was dynoed to the tune of 320whp...Still got me by 2 cars Those things are pretty devastating from a roll.. They have good whp, and weigh next to nothing... ugh....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    HAhahha! It seems like we have a recurring theme here... What is it with those pesky turbo civics??? I was able to hold this one off for a while, but my setup was dynoed to the tune of 320whp...Still got me by 2 cars Those things are pretty devastating from a roll.. They have good whp, and weigh next to nothing... ugh....
    now, it's time for a 2.5 upgrade there my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBee
    tires
    wheels
    springs
    struts
    rear sway bar
    rear end links

and about the "sitting duck", i never even thought of that. looking back it makes perfect sense now. this is probably why he was having such fun with me after i caught up to him. i took the bait...

_\m/
    Your racing results make sense even more sense now!!
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

I was on the way back from NOPI and saw a Civic hatch coming up with a big ol front mount. I didn't expect to win, I had four people he had two and his car is way lighter. But after I dropped to 3rd and went he dropped and straight whooped my a$$. Then an undercover cop came up to me and gave the dont do that look. I just gave him the I'm confused and just got my ass whooped shrug and he went on.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Way to represent Sherlock j/k
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

The undercover came from nowhere. All I wanted was to see the Civic get on it. I stopped at the top of Third so at least I wasn't weaving through traffic at 130 and slammed it into reverse and drove in revearse at 80 MPH while flipping the guy off.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast