not enough deaths, sooo... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on not enough deaths, sooo... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by adam3482p The undercover came from nowhere. All I wanted was to see the Civic get on it. ...

Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    The undercover came from nowhere. All I wanted was to see the Civic get on it. I stopped at the top of Third so at least I wasn't weaving through traffic at 130 and slammed it into reverse and drove in revearse at 80 MPH while flipping the guy off.
    HAHAHA! I wasn't making fun of you with the Sherlock thing, that is Rumblebee's name.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ahh, well darn. I'm used to people using Sherlock in sarcasm, and I was right before that with a not to smart run in with the cops. And I thought I had a funny comment too.

P.S. Rumblebee's name is Sherlock?
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

I have a great death from today, though as usual, the story starts a few days back...

Thursday, Hurricane Ivan was coming in and I had just got my STi back with new struts. I parked it so it'd be safe from trees and limbs and other crap. Hurricane ended up not touching the car. The next morning, I got in, disengaged parking brake, put it in reverse. As soon as the car got moving, I heard a loud BANG!. Decided not to drive the rest of the day. Over the weekend, I went out to run errands and noticed the car sat somewhat cocked to the left. It sat unevenly. So, I called the dealer so I could take it in this morning.

Technician got the car up and looked and found the end of the swaybar was underneath the rear lateral arm. Somehow, it got there backing up. However, it takes a lot of force. The technician very rudely insisted I had been doing excessively fast driving and getting airborn over the weekend. While I have been airborn before, over a year ago, that doesn't explain this problem, as I did not drive it after those errands and did not get airborn over the weekend.

And so for my death, I offer up the rear endlinks, swaybar bushings and left rear lateral arm. It may not have been a race but I think I got you all beat. I'm now looking for tougher endlinks. I strongly suspect the technician didn't have the strut in quite right and allowed the spring to remain a bit more compressed than it should have been, letting it sit low on one side so a bump allowed it to spring back, which would be more than enough force to quickly throw things out of place. I got this covered, but still won't go back to the dealer except to pick up the rear lateral arm. They won't be servicing this car anymore. I can't take it in once a week because a technician does shoddy work and is the ONLY Subaru technician in Huntsville.

RN

EDIT: Examined the damage more closely and seeing the parts swivelled BACKWARDS to get where they were. So either I got airborn in reverse and didn't know it, or the dealer had a slip-up and dropped the car backwards off a lift a minimum of 1 foot.
    Last edited by renichms; 09-20-2004 at 01:57 PM.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Way to represent Sherlock j/k

ohhhhh, some day goldblatt you and your little ST(brown)i will be mine. im working my bugeye up slowly. suspension first, then super-go-fast-smoke-LJ parts. and besides, i told you i had my girlfriend in my car with me, and she weighs at least 3, maybe 400, pounds. so i had a lot of weight, ummmm...yeah...

and adam3482p
    P.S. Rumblebee's name is Sherlock?

that's my last name. realy easy to remember, no?

_\m/
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBee
    ohhhhh, some day goldblatt you and your little ST(brown)i will be mine. im working my bugeye up slowly. suspension first, then super-go-fast-smoke-LJ parts. and besides, i told you i had my girlfriend in my car with me, and she weighs at least 3, maybe 400, pounds. so i had a lot of weight, ummmm...yeah...

_\m/
    Oh yeah i forgot how fricken huge she is (lol). We shall see about this power wr that we got going on here. Right now I am staring 300+ AWHP in the face by the end of october. Then By next summer, I will be broke again, that is all I can say.

Anyways, start doing engine mods now!!!!!!
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

my buddies t3t4 civic si walks me on anything over 70 miles an hour, his high end acceleration is insane, im hoping my cobb ap stg 2 will help
    "Mike, stop spending money on your car.."

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Oh yeah i forgot how fricken huge she is (lol). We shall see about this power wr that we got going on here. Right now I am staring 300+ AWHP in the face by the end of october. Then By next summer, I will be broke again, that is all I can say.

Anyways, start doing engine mods now!!!!!!
    oh, 300awhp, huh? ummmm...well...im pushing...@180coughcough. i have such a little brother complex with you ST(brown)i's. i guess i will have to wait for you to break the bank before i can catch you. oh well, how is matty's rex doing???
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

He likes it, but he will probably never do too much modding to it. He is too cheap for that. He bought my extra rims and he wants springs and a rear strut bar, but no power adders, "I think he's retarded or something"
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.