Toasted by an 95 Explorer
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Toasted by an 95 Explorer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So this explorer paces me to match my stop at a stop sign. then proceeds to floor the poor truck ...

Toasted by an 95 Explorer

So this explorer paces me to match my stop at a stop sign. then proceeds to floor the poor truck for all its worth just so he can get ahead of me and then make a right in front of me.

If only my wife wasn't in the car...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Stupid drivers own

But on a serious (semi) note some of those crappy older ones can be quick. The ones that come with the 5.0 5 speed (of course after modding) can do some pretty good times.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Somewhere on a Ford Exploder forum there's a poor, stupid man posting about how he killed a WRX.

I find it amusing that sometimes people will be racing you, while you're driving just moderately...and it takes a moment to realize that the screaming, grinding noise in your right ear is the '87 Sentra with a 4' wing next to you redlining its poor motor.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

people prob. think im racing them all the time b/c my exhaust is soo loud right now. But its funny when they start to try and pass me and then i just fly by them.

too bad though, u will see that bastard guy around town and then smoke him.
    2004 Silver WRX
    HKS UpPipe
    HKS DownPipe

haha! Owned by an Explorer!

He's probably on the Explorer forums bragging about the kill!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    haha! Owned by an Explorer!

He's probably on the Explorer forums bragging about the kill!
    There are Explorer forums?
    2002 WRX WRB

Quote Originally Posted by Rich10
    There are Explorer forums?
    Gawd I hope not!!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by 2fastwrx3112
    people prob. think im racing them all the time b/c my exhaust is soo loud right now. But its funny when they start to try and pass me and then i just fly by them.

too bad though, u will see that bastard guy around town and then smoke him.
    lol... I hear you. I've also got a Nur Spec Cat. The thing IS loud. But I love it.

one of my friends has a 5.9 liter V8 grand cherokee AWD, that thing is wicked fast and pretty much owns a stock wrx.
    JOSH

Quote Originally Posted by joshinboone
    one of my friends has a 5.9 liter V8 grand cherokee AWD, that thing is wicked fast and pretty much owns a stock wrx.
    well...not entirely correct. i've driven the 5.9L JGC and yes, its hauls major a$$. The torque is like 345ft-lbs or something but it tapers off VERY quick. i believe 0-60 times were in the 7s back in 1998. great number for a SUV, but it aint gonna own any stock rex.
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

annoying huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreed
    So this explorer paces me to match my stop at a stop sign. then proceeds to floor the poor truck for all its worth just so he can get ahead of me and then make a right in front of me.

If only my wife wasn't in the car...
    you know, you just reminded me of something......I swear, in my sti if i'm out driving alone...NO one revs or wants to run or anything but as soon as the wife and kids hit the car everyone wants some.....I should just get that old Van Halen song and have it cued up for play....lol........talk about self control, trying to hold back from all these gutless morons who only want to play when they see the car seats occupied, pretty lame
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.