wagon vs. rsx type s
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wagon vs. rsx type s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 20 mph roll - I am in front of him up to ~100 and I only put 1 or so ...

wagon vs. rsx type s

20 mph roll - I am in front of him up to ~100 and I only put 1 or so cars on him. He stayed behind me the whole time. 3rd gear roll - He is in front of me. I had to lift in 3rd and then again in 4th. It surprised me that he was able to stay so close to me the first time though. I'll assume that he had some mods although I never got to ask him (he was running the stock can on the back) I am running a mbc with the boost at 15lbs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    They can hang from a roll. I smoked one by about 5 cars from a dead stop but they are quick cars. WRX weak spot is from a roll but from a dead stop it is a beast if launched properly.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Re: wagon vs. rsx type s

Originally posted by evilwrx
    20 mph roll - I am in front of him up to ~100 and I only put 1 or so cars on him. He stayed behind me the whole time. 3rd gear roll - He is in front of me. I had to lift in 3rd and then again in 4th. It surprised me that he was able to stay so close to me the first time though. I'll assume that he had some mods although I never got to ask him (he was running the stock can on the back) I am running a mbc with the boost at 15lbs.
    with your boost set at 15psi you should not have too many problems with a stock rsx type s....ESPECIALLY in 3rd gear! You need to take a look at your driving....

I walked one by a car lenghth from 75-105 bone stock.
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

Hey ElectronBlueSi

I've run a 13.59 in the quarter with this set up.
    I don't think my driving is a problem I do think that that RSX was quick

Re: Hey ElectronBlueSi

I've run a 13.59 in the quarter with this set up.
    I don't think my driving is a problem I do think that that RSX was quick
    They can certainly be quick. It is suprising that the contest was so close considering you can run a mid 13 1/4 and the rxs-s is much slower than that. You didnt happen to have left your ac on by chance? I have been caught by suprise by cars I can usually dispense of in a heartbeat because I left my AC on...this little 2L engine really gets sapped by AC or lugging around extra weight.
    Hey, you up in west palm? I am down in delray..let me know when you go to Moroso next time..maybe we can meet up for a few 1/4 runs...
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

A/C was on, you live in Delray, you know that we don't turn our A/C's off until January. Oh well, I don't know if he was modded or not, but going from a roll is not our cup of tea and definetely plays into his favor.

A/C was on, you live in Delray, you know that we don't turn our A/C's off until January. Oh well, I don't know if he was modded or not, but going from a roll is not our cup of tea and definetely plays into his favor.
    Guarantee, you turn off that AC and it would have been a whole different ball game. I am so accustomed to the major power drop now with the AC on that if I sense a little acceleration contest coming up I immediately turn it off...it really makes a big difference from a stop or a roll.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Re: wagon vs. rsx type s

Doesn't surprise me that he was able to "hang" w/ you, especially since you have no idea if he was modded or not. If he had I/H/E then he may have been able to get his 1/4 times down into the mid 14s (maybe even low 14s if it was cool enough, but you said you were in FLA and its never cool there ...but really, you raced in the only situation where a RSX wouldn't get "walked on" by a WRX...if you race off the line, you would probably put multiple car lengths on it...first gear is not the RSX-S's cup of tea, and w/ AWD and the great amount of torque/hp the WRX has you probably will shoot off and hold that lead through all gears.

I've heard stories of people claiming that into triple digits vs. the WRX, the RSX-S will pull, but ****, since an RSX traps the 1/4 at ~92mph, the race would be long over (not to mention the fact that if you're ~3-4 car lengths ahead by triple digits, how long is it going to take the RSX-S to catch up if it even can pull???). I guess anyone can claim to win a race if they're willing to max out while you're not...stupid claim if you ask me.

Just my .02 cents. I'd like to think I'm being fairly objective on this one.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I agree smokey, and triple digit racing needs to be left for the track

str
    you probably lost 2 seconds with your a/c on.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2 seconds sounds a little excessive. My 13.59 was run on a perfect 50 degree night, low humidity. I think my car is probably a 14.5 or so right now with the summer heat and a/c on. If it is 2 seconds then at 15.5 I need to find a way to get an intercooler sprayer.

Originally posted by str
    They can hang from a roll. I smoked one by about 5 cars from a dead stop but they are quick cars. WRX weak spot is from a roll but from a dead stop it is a beast if launched properly.
    I'm not sure how the WRX is weak from a roll. Downshift people. The WRX has a nice amount of torque for a 2.0, it's VERY easy to keep the engine above 3k, just .....d o w n s h i f t
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Originally posted by madwagon

I'm not sure how the WRX is weak from a roll. Downshift people. The WRX has a nice amount of torque for a 2.0, it's VERY easy to keep the engine above 3k, just .....d o w n s h i f t
    It's not that the stock WRX is weak at high speeds, it just acts a lot more like a 170WHP vehicle than it does at lower speeds. AWD launches and aggressive 1st and 2nd gear ratios allow the WRX to beat on cars that it simply has no chance against at higher speeds. It has nothing to do with downshifting.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Actually, just like any other car out there ( there are a few exceptions) the WRX in stock form has dynoed from 165whp-195whp. I know because there's been a few that've popped up on i-club.com

One imparticular that comes to mind is a car that was at Cobb. I think it was in the mid 190's whp COMPLETLY stock for a baseline run. Yes it was double checked and all was good with the dyno.

If he had an MBC set to 15 psi, he should at least be pushing 190whp. A stock RSX S isn't putting that much power down. Also, if the WRX had it's AC on, it is automatically cutoff at 5k rpm and up. It will would re-engage when he went between shifts but would again turn back off at the 5k rpm mark. That would definatley subtract some HP though.
    Last edited by boosted 4; 08-17-2002 at 05:34 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    Actually, just like any other car out there ( there are a few exceptions) the WRX in stock form has dynoed from 165whp-195whp. I know because there's been a few that've popped up on i-club.com

One imparticular that comes to mind is a car that was at Cobb. I think it was in the mid 190's whp COMPLETLY stock for a baseline run. Yes it was double checked and all was good with the dyno.

If he had an MBC set to 15 psi, he should at least be pushing 190whp. A stock RSX S isn't putting that much power down. Also, if the WRX had it's AC on, it is automatically cutoff at 5k rpm and up. It will would re-engage when he went between shifts but would again turn back off at the 5k rpm mark. That would definatley subtract some HP though.
    Um, don't know if this was in response to my post but if it is, then replace 170 with 190 and repeat. My point wasn't that the stock WRX has 170whp, I couldn't care less if one WRX had a 190hp dyno. My point was only to answer why the WRX 'seems' weak at higher speeds. It isn't that it is weak at higher speeds, just that it is exceptionally strong at low speeds. It is able to compete against cars with much better whp/weight ratios at low speeds but not at high speeds. At high speeds, it is only competetive with cars of relatively equal whp/weight. Okay?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.