wagon vs. rsx type s - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on wagon vs. rsx type s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Torque is the physical derivative of heat enegery generated from the internal combustion process in a dircet manner and without ...

Torque is the physical derivative of heat enegery generated from the internal combustion process in a dircet manner and without manipulation (gearing etc..), Horespower is the effecient use of torque, or the ability to 'spin' your torque value at high rates.

Honda 'VTEC' engines are not larger, and therefore do no have the inertia or mass to generate high torque numbers because of the lack of space in which to produce enegery, HOWEVER, they do have the ability to translate that raw force effeciently via spining the engine to a high speed, thus making 170-195hp from a 1.8, or 240hp on a 2.0L @ 9k rpm. RPM and hp are directly related, not torque.

Oh BTW, the magic "5250" number is the point at which an engine spins and produces equal hp and torque in theory.
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah I think everyone is on the same page although VTC_Civic Torque does not exclusively apply to cars and combustion. as a civil engineer we use torque alot in other aplications such as structural design. But I think we all agree on the physics of it now.
    And I think boosted you might be right about the HP thing as our HP values aren't even constant accross this country! I think some dynos here use BHP and others use SAE HP (What you use)
    so alot of the time people can get into arguments about whos car is faster on paper both with dyno sheets to prove it then at the track the lower power car will be the other one. I think BHP is 20% more than SAE HP. not sure there though?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.