My first "kill"

This is a discussion on My first "kill" within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I'm sitting at a stoplight on a merging road in the bustling metropolis that is McHenry, IL, with my ...

My first "kill"

So, I'm sitting at a stoplight on a merging road in the bustling metropolis that is McHenry, IL, with my wife at my side, when a four-door Saturn pulls along side, but a little behind. This thing was ALL decked out, sweet fartcan exhaust, three-foot transformer-inspired alumaspoiler, graphics, and I'm sure the $2000 stereo in a $1000 car option.

So, not really anticipating any kind of race, I take an easy 1-2 shift and that Saturn just LAUNCHED from the start. He was taking me to about 15 mph or so, but I grasped my Borders coffee tightly in my right hand and dropped my foot on the accelerator, and the mighty torque gods unleashed their fury on the unsuspecting victim beside me. Mwahahahaha!!!

My wife dutifully hit the hazards to signify the end of the race, (not necessary, but appreciated.) and we rode home, satisfied with our conquest of the mighty Saturn sedan. I dare all Festiva owners, step up to the challenge before you...

Hope this was at least a little entertaining ( It really happened...)

Steve
    When restoring my first "ride", a 71 Ford Torino, I used cut up beer cans as backer for bondo. Theory was, aluminum wouldn't rust, so why not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haha, nice kill!! I love Saturns, one of the few car manufacturers that makes my car seem fast!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

You are now officially "the man". Anyone who can blow the doors off of a 125hp car will forever be respected among the members of this forum. Props to you my friend.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

You should have started in 3rd gear...at least make it challenging. Or stall at the line and see if you can still win in the 1/4 mile or something.

I don't understand why Saturn's want to start a race... I mean, its cool and all to like your car. I'm not trying to bash the Saturn because they're good cars...economically speaking. But why pick a race w/ a WRX? Hmm, hopefully he didn't know what he was racing.

But, um, kill something of value so you can brag about it. I think that kill was better suited for the Kia board. J/K

str
    there's a Saturn in my area that runs 12's in the 1/4.
    2004 Black Forester XT

do the underbody neons help

If you were gonna run a 12sec car, why a Saturn?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

your wife hit the hazards?? haha! she rocks!
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Props on the kill, seems your wife knows whats up

Yeah, that's pretty cool to have a wife who hits the hazards on cue.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

There is one thing I envy Saturns for..those composite body panels!!! Every car should come with those dent resistant panels, they are just amazing.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Play nice some of you. He was just posting a kill to be funny. The saturn started it!!
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek