WRX vs EVO shootout at E-Town

This is a discussion on WRX vs EVO shootout at E-Town within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Did anyone get a chance to go? I couldnt make it but my two friends went, 1 has a black ...

WRX vs EVO shootout at E-Town

Did anyone get a chance to go? I couldnt make it but my two friends went, 1 has a black WRX with some work, the other a blue WRX with TurboXS TBE & MBC. They both won the first elimination round but my friend said there were no EVOs left so he had to race a WRX that was there with a pitcrew.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I saw some of the pics...looked pretty sick, hopefully theres more coverage.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    Did anyone get a chance to go? I couldnt make it but my two friends went, 1 has a black WRX with some work, the other a blue WRX with TurboXS TBE & MBC. They both won the first elimination round but my friend said there were no EVOs left so he had to race a WRX that was there with a pitcrew.

yeah I went and every suby that raced, lost, unless another subaru was running against it... it was damn hard to stomach, but it gave me the nerve to stand up and say "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT" and now I am gonna build me a monster wrx, its gonna be called... The sleeper WRX...

yeah my friends and i drove 4 1/2 hours to see that. It was a great time, minus all the losses .

Just face it guys. Evos are much better cars then wrxs. They are the big boys.

Lol Just kidding
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

then the evo gets an exhaust and flash and wins...

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix 1193
    yeah I went and every suby that raced, lost, unless another subaru was running against it... it was damn hard to stomach, but it gave me the nerve to stand up and say "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT" and now I am gonna build me a monster wrx, its gonna be called... The sleeper WRX...
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Owned.

That's that.

Bah, I would love to start a discussion somewhere (I think a post on here would get wayyyy too hectic) on why the WRX doesn't seem to stack (hp wise) to the Evo. The thread would be filled with drag racing is teh suck and don't buy a WRX to straight line race its stupid, but obviously a couple hundred Subaru owners begged to differ this weekend and this event only covered people from the tri-state...I'm sure there are thousands of Subaru owners interested in 1/4 mile performance (amongst other things) and wonder what can be done to equal the playing field...is is the aluminum block can't take as moost boost/power? Heads? Gearing? Oh well...I don't want to start a war but it makes me wonder where the Subaru seems to "hiccup" in performance.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

I was there too, and it was not pretty for us Subie guys. Matrix, this is L.J. with the blue STi, you went to and from with the CT caravan right?

Oh well maybe with another year of engine management under our belts we will be able to handle those evos better next year. I just picked up headers at the event and I will be getting EcuTek soon enough, so I will definately see what i can do against the Evos next year, maybe I wwill have na upgraded turbo (sr55) and aps fmic too (oh to dream). With all of this done, I should be able to hang with most of the Evos that were there this weekend, but who knows what they will do in a years time.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Hopefully I can bring my "sleeper" WRX out to the East Coast for this event next year. Too bad to hear all the Subarus for the most part lost.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.