97 bmw 328i sedan vs wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 97 bmw 328i sedan vs wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy just bought this car, and I want to race him. Just curious as to how badly i could ...

97 bmw 328i sedan vs wrx

My buddy just bought this car, and I want to race him.
    Just curious as to how badly i could beat this car from a roll or from launch.

some specs...his car is
    190hp
    207lb tq
    2.8L
    automatic.

does anyone know the what the Wheel HP of this car is as well?
    Last edited by sadd16; 09-13-2004 at 02:13 PM. Reason: bad title

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sadd16
    My buddy just bought this car, and I want to race him.
    Just curious as to how badly i could beat this car from a roll or from launch.

some specs...his car is
    190hp
    207lb tq
    2.8L
    automatic.

does anyone know the what the Wheel HP of this car is as well?

Numbers racing is very subjective. The real world is where it's at. Go race him and find out. They are mid to low 15 second cars and they have a 91-92mph trap, which guess what...that's right about where a stock rex traps. From a dig you should be able to hold him off if you actually know how to launch. From a roll it will be up to phase of the moon, tides, the alignment of your chakras, how tight your underwear are...etc.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

Quote Originally Posted by illusion
    Numbers racing is very subjective. The real world is where it's at. Go race him and find out. They are mid to low 15 second cars and they have a 91-92mph trap, which guess what...that's right about where a stock rex traps. From a dig you should be able to hold him off if you actually know how to launch. From a roll it will be up to phase of the moon, tides, the alignment of your chakras, how tight your underwear are...etc.

Heh, thanks, but he was also asking how much whp his car has too, and i"m kinda curious as well. =)

I Support ClubWRX
    He's making maybe 165 or so whp - assuming BMW's crank hp rating is accurate. You should own him pretty easily, IMO. With an auto, I'm sure he would struggle to hit 15's in the 1/4 mile and probably is in the 7-8 second range 0-60mph.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

from a dig, you should have no problem. Just get a good launch. From a roll, its going to be a bit harder. they make mid-low 170whp #'s. The car traps right around where a stock rex does, and better gearing to boot... Just race and let us know what happens
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

you should be able to take him easily on the launch. on a roll you should take him as well. this race should be a sure win. my buddy used to have one.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

my friend has the exact one although a 5 spd, and ever since i got my rex hes running scared and doesn't want to race me or even drive next to me there was only one time when he was next to me while i was still stock, and he decided to go for it but i didn't becasue of my gf sh hates when i go fast, anyways, he punched it just when i shifted in to second and fell below 3000 rpm, i tried to recover for a second be decided let off becasue he was just in his power band and was pulling fast. However that wasn't a race and now i am cobb stage 1 and could defiantley wax him bad. The problem is i tried to get him to do some "friendly runs" but hes just not eager to do it, and becasue of my upgrade he's even more scared, oh well maybe i'll get him one of these days. You should win because of the automatic transmission, a 5 spd would put up a much bigger fight.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 09-17-2004 at 09:37 AM.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

an E36 bmw is such a sexy car. regardless of the outcome, i'd give props to all E36 328i. one of my dream cars is a E36 M3 4dr Euro-spec. so damn beautiful.
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

Quote Originally Posted by illusion
    From a roll it will be up to phase of the moon, tides, the alignment of your chakras, how tight your underwear are...etc.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.