the new Nissan 300Z
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on the new Nissan 300Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Has anyone seen the new Nissan 300Z? I just read that it will do 0-60 5.5 sec and the 1/4 ...

str

the new Nissan 300Z

Has anyone seen the new Nissan 300Z? I just read that it will do 0-60 5.5 sec and the 1/4 in 14.2. This is stock. Looks like a formidable opponent for the WRX. top speed is 155. wow. Not sure I like the interior though.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I saw one on the Highway a couple weekends ago going the other direction. It was some kind of metallic blue color that seemed to change almost purple in the light, real nice lookin, but I only got a quick glance though.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    Maybe it was a 350Z.
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

I haven't seen the interior, but I like the way the exterior looks
    just my 2 pennies
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Didn't realize they had hit the showroom floors already. They're sweet looking for sure.

-Pace

I think they're fugly.

I think they are awesome looking cars. The performance numbers indicates that it can get into 13's with a good driver. The new Maxima can get into low 14's already with less HP and more weight.

Great looking cars, if I wanted a 2 door I would have gone for one of those.

As an previous owner of a 300zxTT I have to say the styling on the new car just doesnt do it. Bumper opening needs work. door handles look like they were stolen off a screen door, rear end is some strange audiTT/porsche amalgam that just doesnt quite work. It looks like they just took an audiTT and based the design off of it.

In a perfect Z world they would bring back the original 240z style with minor updates and drop the same 3.5L engine/6speed trans they use now..and keep the damn weight down at or under 2500lbs. 3k+ lbs is obese for a small 2 seater.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

When I had no clue what I wanted to buy, I went around and hit up all the dealers... saw a poster of the Z and thought it was pretty neat-o. Would have liked to see one in real life.

The price was pretty steep too......

True that they are not authentic to the original Z styling, and they do look like a TT ripoff. I still think they are good-looking in their own right. The previous-gen Zs were far more handsome though. Right up there with the Supra IMO.

-Pace

As a previous owner of a 300zxtt, and owner of a mint 260Z, I too have an interest in the new 350z. I was unsure of the grill opening, door handles, and a few other design details earlier on. But the more I see it, the more I like it. For those of you who think it looks like a TT (which it does a little) I think you will find that it looks much more agressive in person. It has really grown on me. Throw in 287 hp, gobs of torque, 6 speed, and a somewhat reasonable pricetag (compared to the 300zx)- And now I really love it.

They started hitting showrooms at the begining of this month. There were also a few "Pre" delivery ones around as well before that. The look is polarizing, but they look much better in person. As a owner of a 240Z, I would have liked a lighter, more "Classic" design. But taking in account that it had to share a Chassis, and keep cost to a minimum, I think it came out pretty good. What does bug me is that the More performance oriented the model you get, the heavier it gets. The base model can come in at 3150, while the Track Model is 3340. Which means the base model should be substantialy faster.

Originally posted by mhoward1
    They started hitting showrooms at the begining of this month. There were also a few "Pre" delivery ones around as well before that. The look is polarizing, but they look much better in person. As a owner of a 240Z, I would have liked a lighter, more "Classic" design. But taking in account that it had to share a Chassis, and keep cost to a minimum, I think it came out pretty good. What does bug me is that the More performance oriented the model you get, the heavier it gets. The base model can come in at 3150, while the Track Model is 3340. Which means the base model should be substantialy faster.
    I look forward to seeing one in person. I am hoping that it is a case of pictures not doing it justice because so far the pics are disappointing to me as a Z fan. That is really odd that the track model is 200lbs heavier! You would think a track model would be de-contented and reduced in weight! I'll bet the "track model" has all the luxury stuff ( stereo/AC/electric windows ect ect ) and they just added stiffer roll bars and big brakes. Would have been nice to see a real bare bones track model trimmed down to ~2700lbs get a decent 1:10 hp/weight ratio.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

The track is heavier than the base, but comes with lsd, and lighter wheels (unsprung weight), brembos, aero package for "zero lift", etc. I agree it should be lighter, but straightline acceleration is not the only consideration. Stopping, going, and turning all play a part on the track. Traction and aerodynamics even up the weight equation vs base model. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast