how bad would i be beat
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on how bad would i be beat within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend just got an evo it was already modded (bastard, but he got a steal) anyway here's his mods ...

how bad would i be beat

My friend just got an evo it was already modded (bastard, but he got a steal)

anyway here's his mods
    buschur intake
    3" exhaust
    ebc @ 19psi
    exedy twin plate clutch

i'm cobb stage 2 w/ uppipe...

just out of curiosity how bad would he take me from a roll and stop?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well with his mods he should be capable of hitting very low 13's or even high 12's if he's a good driver. So from a dig, you will be killed. From a roll, he will walk you pretty easy. I raced a stock EVO in my car from a rolling start and he started inching away after each shift.

The only chance you would have to beat him would be from a dig and pray that he bogs the launch. If this happens, you should be able to hold him off for a little.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I don't plan on racing him, just curious, hehe.

ah and it was a typo... 18psi not 19, probly wouldn't make too much of a diff though.

his car is faster. if you did want to race, your only hope would be driver error
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

You will lose...

2 cars min. from a roll...Race him now though because once he gets some enging management its all over for you unless you spend som cash.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    You will lose...

2 cars min. from a roll...Race him now though because once he gets some enging management its all over for you unless you spend som cash.
    I don't plan on ever racing aside from autox, I was just curious.
    thanks for the posts.

well i guess i am a hypocrite.... I said I wouldn't street-race...

Anyway we ran into each other tonight at about 1am CST...

from a stop I actually gained on him by about 2 car lengths until about 100 or so then we shut down.

we then did it from a roll from 40 in 2nd gear and he gained about a car length on me immediately then i misshifted from 3rd into 2nd
    (first time I have EVER misshifted)

anyway he still would've beat me. but at a bout 3 carlengths I kept steady.

we did it from a roll again and he still had 2 or 3 car lengths on me but I kept steady.

all in all I was surprised w/ the results.

fast- actually bro with the set up i have right now minus the dp i walked a evo after 90 mph. we also raced from a stop but i brake boosted in 2nd like a dumb ass so i took of the line real slow. he beat me by about 2 cars to 100mph. i asked him to go again but he said it was to cold out and he said his boost wasnt staying at 19psi...i laughed and said its not suppose to, and the cool weather is better for your car. the kid works at mitsubishi in libertyville a real stroke if i might add......
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.